Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

Can't wait lol We'll all get what we want then and if not we'll go find the CAO people and fight them!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

Yellow121 wrote: »
    Can't wait lol We'll all get what we want then and if not we'll go find the CAO people and fight them!

sounds like a plan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

yeah the direct applicaion course for WIT is meant to be very good - heres the link
    http://www.wit.ie/courses/type/undergraduate/health_sciences/bsc_in_applied_health_care

They mentioned it at WCFE as an idea but I dont think it was finalised but you can apply direct to WIT

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

I didnt get my first choice at Sligo IT for social care practice. Im in bitsss !! :( got offered my second choice, really didnt wat anywhere but sligo ..

If i decline it ,, could i get my first chooice in round one ??

HELP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

currychips wrote: »
    I didnt get my first choice at Sligo IT for social care practice. Im in bitsss !! :( got offered my second choice, really didnt wat anywhere but sligo ..

If i decline it ,, could i get my first chooice in round one ??

HELP!!

you might do, The smaller ITs do the rounds with the LC students. I'd accept your second chice anyway, your still in the running for Sligo on the 19th of August :) x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Happyliving

if I accept a level 6/7 today will I be offered level 8 come august 19th?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

And once you are in a college im sure there would be a transfer process ??? Again it would be a case of - "its not what you know but who you know" and yes its not fair but it happens all the time in other types of establishment so maybe it goes on in colleges???

So if I accept athlone, I could still get offered Sligo later on ?

Will I have a higher chance getting offered Sligo if I decline Athlone ?

:) Thank you sooo much for your help <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Albear

I applied for Tallaght IT (I'm FETAC) so when will I get my offer? I was expecting it today but nothing..

Did anyone get Sligo IT offers at all ? In social caare practice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Albear wrote: »
    I applied for Tallaght IT (I'm FETAC) so when will I get my offer? I was expecting it today but nothing..
    The 19th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Amym_

Sean1975 wrote: »
    Just got accepted in to a new bachelors degree with honors in Carlow I.T.

I got accepted to sports rehabilitation&athletic therapy in Carlow..:) What are you doing?..Congrats..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

So if I accept athlone, I could still get offered Sligo later on ?

Will I have a higher chance getting offered Sligo if I decline Athlone ?

:) Thank you sooo much for your help <3

If you accept today you will still get offered your place in Sligo . If you decline athlone you won't have any higher chance because your results will be turned into points for round 1.

Forever21 wrote: »
    If you accept today you will still get offered your place in Sligo . If you decline athlone you won't have any higher chance because your results will be turned into points for round 1.

Thanks a lot ! :D Just accepted Athlone there, just HOPE to God I get into Sligo :( Did anyone get Social Care Practice in Sligo ? I got 355 points from my FETAC course, just hope its enough !

Thanks a lot ! :D Just accepted Athlone there, just HOPE to God I get into Sligo :( Did anyone get Social Care Practice in Sligo ? I got 355 points from my FETAC course, just hope its enough !

What were the points last year for that

Forever21 wrote: »
    What were the points last year for that

345 !

345 !

Ah good you'll get that as you have a nice cushion of spare points

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Albear

Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

9 distinctions and nothing.

Shambles of a system, considering we're the ones that actually want it the most!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ashy212

Help... i cant seem to figure out how much points i got i have got 5distinctions 2pass and 2merits.. i just want to know so i can figure out if i will be offered my first choice which is LIT..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

ashy212 wrote: »
    Help... i cant seem to figure out how much points i got i have got 5distinctions 2pass and 2merits.. i just want to know so i can figure out if i will be offered my first choice which is LIT..

you have 350 :)

They can only take my best 8 so i wobt get my first choice noooooo:(
    liam650 wrote: »
    you have 350 :)

They can only take my best 8 so i wobt get my first choice noooooo:(

im hoping for LIT too, i got 10 distinctions but im still very worried i wont get in, what course have you applied for because some courses have a higher demand than others and you could still get in

Applied social studies, but i was in limerock senior last year so mycollege had a link with lit and i applied for 20bonus points just hoping il get them. The nerves are unreal i had UL 2nd and i havent been offered anything.
    liam650 wrote: »
    im hoping for LIT too, i got 10 distinctions but im still very worried i wont get in, what course have you applied for because some courses have a higher demand than others and you could still get in

Applied social studies, but i was in limerock senior last year so mycollege had a link with lit and i applied for 20bonus points just hoping il get them. The nerves are unreal i had UL 2nd and i havent been offered anything.

yeah i heard UL is near impossible get into, have you applied for any level 6 plc just in case of backup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Yellow121 wrote: »
    Maybe they should have an interview process once the FETAC year is over. Interview all who got top marks and see what work they did through the year and see if they're suitable, take away the lottery crap.
    I feel really sorry for the people here, you can tell how bad they wanted it.

Only problem with interview's is they will start taking life experience into consideration then like who has worked in the health care industry in the past etc, which would still put younger people at a disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

Athlone said they gave out 8 places to Vet. Nurse students, must have went to random selection cause I know people with all distinctions...wah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭happyviolet

Can someone help me out with this because I am panicking now. I completely forgot about the first round in July and when I checked today for the second one, I have no offers. I got two distinctions and six merits in my FETAC, and in my LC I got 220 points. I will absolutely admit that had I put more effort in, I would have done a lot better, but I just never had a good mindset for studying and getting things done on time, especially when college points and fees went up I also felt a bit discouraged, but now I have had a bit of a wake-up call.
    I mean is there any good courses that take on people with low points like these? I have no particular courses that I was hoping to get, as I just set my hopes too high anyway. But I was hoping for anything in media production (like graphic design or photography), culinary arts, or computers.

It wasn't a big deal if I missed the first round, is it? I checked on the CAO and they were offering towards a certain group of applicants that does not involve fetac or LC anyway.

Can someone help me out with this because I am panicking now. I completely forgot about the first round in July and when I checked today for the second one, I have no offers. I got two distinctions and six merits in my FETAC, and in my LC I got 220 points. I will absolutely admit that had I put more effort in, I would have done a lot better, but I just never had a good mindset for studying and getting things done on time, especially when college points and fees went up I also felt a bit discouraged, but now I have had a bit of a wake-up call.
    I mean is there any good courses that take on people with low points like these? I have no particular courses that I was hoping to get, as I just set my hopes too high anyway. But I was hoping for anything in media production (like graphic design or photography), culinary arts, or computers.

It wasn't a big deal if I missed the first round, is it? I checked on the CAO and they were offering towards a certain group of applicants that does not involve fetac or LC anyway.

What did you apply for and how many points is your first choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Boland88

I've applied for level 7 in lit sports strength and conditioning and got 4 merits 4 distinctions ! When should I expect an offer! Thanks

Advertisement