Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

Ew121 wrote: »
    Most of the IT's offer in round 1 but I'm not sure if that applies to nursing, I got offered my fourth choice today and accepeted, I really hope it's not a mistake because I haven't heard of anyone else gettin a nursing offer through fetac

oh jesus dont doubt your place :) its just theres very few places thats all.. As far as i know all nursing is done today even in the i't's. Ive emailed a few just to double check

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭katieg19

Still waiting for an offer, I'm sure they would have an option to say that you didnt recieve one? It still says that offers are still unavailable at this time for me?

Unless I just didnt get one....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 joan33

ya i am prayinggg for round 1 . its so unfair this whole lottery thing the chancess of getting a place its just pure luck :(

ya mine says the same ... i think we just didnt get an offer :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 KrisR

So is NCI today or round one? Anybody please?

joan33 wrote: »
    ya mine says the same ... i think we just didnt get an offer :(

Great.....Surely they would tell us though,guess we have to wait for round one then... :'( bye bye UCD :'(

KrisR wrote: »
    So is NCI today or round one? Anybody please?

also i got offered a level 7 from dit, whats going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Changel

Yellow121 wrote: »
    What are the points for those nursing courses?

I think General Nursing is around the mid 400's range.

Katie what did you apply for? .. i know if ive logged onto the cao once ive logged on 40 times :'(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

Changel wrote: »
    I think General Nursing is around the mid 400's range.

Ok, well you still have a chance in round one if you got full marks. There's still hope people!

Do you think they should make the FETAC exams even harder? So that it gets rid of the lottery aspect and only the best of the best (obviously the people posting here) get in?

well tbh my course was hard enough and i had to work my ass off to get my marks. But fetac needs to be strictor the course content is not the same in every place and tutors set the exams and it is far to easy for some people to get there hands on exam papers . Definitely needs to be stricter and the course content to be at the same level everywhere.

Sinny2 wrote: »
    well tbh my course was hard enough and i had to work my ass off to get my marks. But fetac needs to be strictor the course content is not the same in every place and tutors set the exams and it is far to easy for some people to get there hands on exam papers . Definitely needs to be stricter and the course content to be at the same level everywhere.

That's very unfair. It should be the same rules for everybody. Is there loads of assessments and stuff and then an exam at the end?

That's very unfair. It should be the same rules for everybody. Is there loads of assessments and stuff and then an exam at the end?

I done 9 modules which had about 25 assignments throughout the year and 5 or 6 exams at the end :/

joan33 wrote: »
    Katie what did you apply for? .. i know if ive logged onto the cao once ive logged on 40 times :'(

Was hoping for an offer for vet nursing from ucd today :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

I think FETAC does need to be harder at Level 5 - but then again it needs to be more recognisd as an alternative to the LC. The whole education system is so unidirectional in this country if you do not fit the model you are fecked. Its all about LC LC LC points points points. If you learn differently are need to take time out or what to change directions its a nightmare.
    Entry to college should be about your suitability for the course and your ability to learn. Nursing seems to be a bit of an "old boys network" and very traditional in its intake, ie LC 400+ points and they dont seem to take in FETAC students.

I done 9 modules which had about 25 assignments throughout the year and 5 or 6 exams at the end :/

:eek: That's sme amount of work. Did you apply for loads of different colleges? Well you could only pick ten anyway. You deserve a course after all your effort.

:eek: That's sme amount of work. Did you apply for loads of different colleges? Well you could only pick ten anyway. You deserve a course after all your effort.

ya i picked the full 10... Fetac just seems to be a bit of a joke right now and takin the piss out of everyone that worked hard to get there results.. Im sure everyone who didnt get an offer is feeling thatvway now

sugoo69 wrote: »
    I think FETAC does need to be harder at Level 5 - but then again it needs to be more recognisd as an alternative to the LC. The whole education system is so unidirectional in this country if you do not fit the model you are fecked. Its all about LC LC LC points points points. If you learn differently are need to take time out or what to change directions its a nightmare.
    Entry to college should be about your suitability for the course and your ability to learn. Nursing seems to be a bit of an "old boys network" and very traditional in its intake, ie LC 400+ points and they dont seem to take in FETAC students.

Maybe they should have an interview process once the FETAC year is over. Interview all who got top marks and see what work they did through the year and see if they're suitable, take away the lottery crap.
    I feel really sorry for the people here, you can tell how bad they wanted it.

Maybe they should have an interview process once the FETAC year is over. Interview all who got top marks and see what work they did through the year and see if they're suitable, take away the lottery crap.
    I feel really sorry for the people here, you can tell how bad they wanted it.

Ya thats so true i would of loved to be givin a shot at an interview

• Advertisement

ya i picked the full 10... Fetac just seems to be a bit of a joke right now and takin the piss out of everyone that worked hard to get there results.. Im sure everyone who didnt get an offer is feeling thatvway now

Yeah, it's terrible. Is there anything you can do now? Like somehow gain experience somewhere? Anything you can do to make sure you get in next year? There's always a chance in round one as well if the points are around 400.
    I'm not sure how it all works with nursing, I just hope it works out for you.

12gh wrote: »
    im hoping to do business at NCI.. was wondering i jus got offered my 3rd choice on my level 8list which is International hospitality management in DIT..BUT I REALLY WANT MY 1ST choice which is NCI ..i havent gotten any level 7/6 offers..curious shud i accept da course and if so will i still be offered others and what about the level 7/6 wil i get an offer in Round 1? im soo confused and scared to accept my offer. help!

I want to do that course too, how many distinctions did you get?

Ya thats so true i would of loved to be givin a shot at an interview

It would have been fairer than a lottery anyway, plus most places do interviews for mature students so it's easy enough to set up.
    At least then if you didn't get it you know you got a fair shot.

Yeah, it's terrible. Is there anything you can do now? Like somehow gain experience somewhere? Anything you can do to make sure you get in next year? There's always a chance in round one as well if the points are around 400.
    I'm not sure how it all works with nursing, I just hope it works out for you.

not really only reapply and see do i get picked next year.. Nope were not allowed in under the pilot scheme so we will b only given places that have been declined

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

Its tough - I think an interview would be great for all applicants not just FETAC ones
    I got 10 distinctions as did several other people on my course but no one got nursing. I was lucky & got my first choice - social science.
    But to be honest I really wanted to got to UCC but hubby is working in Clonmel so moving wasnt an option so there are always restrictions on peoples course choices just nto always direct ones from CAO. The CAO process seems not be a bit "not fit for purpose" from where Im sitting. Surely the college should be able to offer a percentage of places to non LC students? I always thought there was a quota allocated to no LC applicants on ALL courses. I know that mature students have specific ways of applying for nursing and the application process is slightly different if you apply as a mature student via CAO. There should be a FETAC process with equal weighting - I would say that most people work very hard to gain these FETAC qualifications.

not really only reapply and see do i get picked next year.. Nope were not allowed in under the pilot scheme so we will b only given places that have been declined

That's awful. Someone said to me yesterday, if they don't get their place they might head off to Australia or something. Maybe enjoy a year out and then come back next year to do nursing?
    Sorry, I'm trying to find something to cheer people up but failing.

That's awful. Someone said to me yesterday, if they don't get their place they might head off to Australia or something. Maybe enjoy a year out and then come back next year to do nursing?
    Sorry, I'm trying to find something to cheer people up but failing.

ah sure it could be worse and some people are in the same boat not just nursing. W.I.T i think is doing a health level 7 course and can apply directly to them now . It's a new course if anyone is interested.

And there is still round 1 so no giving up hope yet! :)

:D That's the spirit. So you'll be waiting for the 19th as well? Up bright and early to do this all again!

• Advertisement

:D That's the spirit. So you'll be waiting for the 19th as well? Up bright and early to do this all again!

ya shur why not :D

Advertisement