Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

So somebody confirm, you do not have to send your FETAC results????

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

Ew121 wrote: »
    Got accepted into trinity for psychiatric nursing, delighted :-)

Did you get in as mature or fetac :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

Lol lads you do NOT have to send in your FETAC results.

I was in UL in 2011/12 and I havent sent in any exam results from UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

Yellow121 wrote: »
    So somebody confirm, you do not have to send your FETAC results????

No fetac forward ur results to cao and all colleges can access them from there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

Offers wont be coming now so I'll see ye back here on the 19th for more torture! Fun times. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 mathsyay

Still no offer I cant believe this ...

mathsyay wrote: »
    Still no offer I cant believe this ...

Chin up, wait till the 19th, we'll be alright x

Chin up, wait till the 19th, we'll be alright x

No point, the only way im getting into science is throught the quota, the points for science are 500+ even with the full 8 distinctions i wouldnt have a hope

No point, the only way im getting into science is throught the quota, the points for science are 500+ even with the full 8 distinctions i wouldnt have a hope

Maybe some offers are just painfully late coming out... Probs asked already but what grades did u get? x

Maybe some offers are just painfully late coming out... Probs asked already but what grades did u get? x

Last year some people didnt get them till half 9 ? got 6ds and 2ms its more that what was needed to get in last year but the points must have went up ... im sick

• Advertisement

Last year some people didnt get them till half 9 ? got 6ds and 2ms its more that what was needed to get in last year but the points must have went up ... im sick

well hang on in there, Something might come in. And if it doesnt, its not the end of the world. So what if you've to wait another year? If you want it you'll do it :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

From what I remember of the day mature students got offers in July people got offers all through the day depending on the college

Might depend on the course too? x

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

If you wait until the later offers you can choose between courses that still have places available. You might find something you like. It may not be ideal but there's no harm in looking. Don't get too downbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ew121

Sinny2 wrote: »
    Did you get in as mature or fetac :)
    Fetac :-)

Fetac :-)

Did you get full distinctions? Many people you no getting into nursing through fetac? I got full marks and a few of the girls and no1 got an offer :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ew121

Sinny2 wrote: »
    Did you get full distinctions? Many people you no getting into nursing through fetac? I got full marks and a few of the girls and no1 got an offer :/

Yeah I got full marks, I'm surprised I got an offer I guess I just got lucky in the random selection, I haven't really heard anything from anyone less yet, a lot of them are going to study in the uk, where did u apply to?

Yeah I got full marks, I'm surprised I got an offer I guess I just got lucky in the random selection, I haven't really heard anything from anyone less yet, a lot of them are going to study in the uk, where did u apply to?

Everywhere lol

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭katieg19

So still no offers...absolutely bricking it. continuously clicking refresh.. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Nothing. I presume if they didnt come out at 6am, then they wont come out at all today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

My son got offered Maynooth but wanted ITT doing European studies in round Zero is there anyway to change it?...redress?

Payton wrote: »
    My son got offered Maynooth but wanted ITT doing European studies in round Zero is there anyway to change it?...redress?

ITt offers come out Auguts 19th. If ITT is above Maynooth he can except maynooth as a backup and still be offered choices above what he has accepted, but not below. On the other side of things if he does not accept Maynooth, he is still not guaranteed a place in ITT.

ITt offers come out Auguts 19th. If ITT is above Maynooth he can except maynooth as a backup and still be offered choices above what he has accepted, but not below. On the other side of things if he does not accept Maynooth, he is still not guaranteed a place in ITT.

Round Zero is not for leaving Certificate students, it is for FETAC applicants. He did not get accepted into Tallaght IT (which was his first option) but got accepted into Maynooth (second option) Tallaght's requirements were below Maynooths which makes it frustrating as to why he did not get accepted.

Round Zero is not for leaving Certificate students, it is for FETAC applicants. He did not get accepted into Tallaght IT (which was his first option) but got accepted into Maynooth (second option) Tallaght's requirements were below Maynooths which makes it frustrating as to why he did not get accepted.

Because ITT offers come out on the 19th... With the LC results. Same as most other IT's in the country :) I'm waiting on ITB... please god.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lems

Congrats to everyone who got courses!

I was in the same position last year and didn't get offered anything at all, and it had turned out FETAC had made a mistake in my results. Now that doesn't mean it has happened to anyone this year, but if you have any doubt in your mind get in contact with CAO as soon as possible because it can be rectified before the next round!! Competition is pretty tough but as they say "if your not in, you can't win"

:)

So basically he has a week to decide to accept Maynooth and if he chooses not to accept he may not even get Tallaght.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 12gh

im hoping to do business at NCI.. was wondering i jus got offered my 3rd choice on my level 8list which is International hospitality management in DIT..BUT I REALLY WANT MY 1ST choice which is NCI ..i havent gotten any level 7/6 offers..curious shud i accept da course and if so will i still be offered others and what about the level 7/6 wil i get an offer in Round 1? im soo confused and scared to accept my offer. help!

12gh wrote: »
    im hoping to do business at NCI.. was wondering i jus got offered my 3rd choice on my level 8list which is International hospitality management in DIT..BUT I REALLY WANT MY 1ST choice which is NCI ..i havent gotten any level 7/6 offers..curious shud i accept da course and if so will i still be offered others and what about the level 7/6 wil i get an offer in Round 1? im soo confused and scared to accept my offer. help!

If you accept that course you can still be offered your 1st and 2nd choice in the next round :) but that might not happen... You can only accept either a level 8 or 7/6 though so im presuming if you accept level 8 now you can no longer accept a level 7

So basically he has a week to decide to accept Maynooth and if he chooses not to accept he may not even get Tallaght.....

Basically, for example if Maynooth is his 3rd choice and he has been accepted, happy days, fair play to him. He's in a better position then some of the rest of us. Round 1 offers are for FETAC applicants too, but we will be competing against Leaving Cert students. Most of the bigger Universities and colleges (UCD, UCC, UL, DIT, NUIM) will put out FETAC offers today to fill their FETAC quotas. The FETAC quota is about 10% of available places, so if there is 100 spaces on the course, 10 will go directly to FETAC.

However the smaller colleges and IT's don't bother with Round zero, so places like ITB, ITT, Carlow IT etc will be releasing all their offers on the same day. (August 19th)

So what I'm saying is, if he had been accepted to Maynooth, he can still be offered courses above that level of preference. If Maynooth is 3rd choice, and Tallaght is first choice, he's still in the running providing he got the grades to compete with the LC students. If that makes sense...

• Advertisement

Basically, for example if Maynooth is his 3rd choice and he has been accepted, happy days, fair play to him. He's in a better position then some of the rest of us. Round 1 offers are for FETAC applicants too, but we will be competing against Leaving Cert students. Most of the bigger Universities and colleges (UCD, UCC, UL, DIT, NUIM) will put out FETAC offers today to fill their FETAC quotas. The FETAC quota is about 10% of available places, so if there is 100 spaces on the course, 10 will go directly to FETAC.

However the smaller colleges and IT's don't bother with Round zero, so places like ITB, ITT, Carlow IT etc will be releasing all their offers on the same day. (August 19th)

So what I'm saying is, if he had been accepted to Maynooth, he can still be offered courses above that level of preference. If Maynooth is 3rd choice, and Tallaght is first choice, he's still in the running providing he got the grades to compete with the LC students. If that makes sense...

Cheers thats very helpful. If Tallaght It do not accept him, could I appeal that decision? and if he does, is that process a difficult and complicated procedure? Because his requirements were way above than what were asked.

Advertisement