Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

Yellow121 wrote: »
    If there's no offers by now it means we have to wait till the 19th???

What college?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ashy212

Lit was my first choice so im guessing i havent got UL??
    LIT will be the 19th i think but UL is today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

What college?

UL, WIT, UCC, CARLOW IT, BLANCH IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

I'm waiting on DIT or maynooth... 5th and 7ths choices. Dont think i got anything this round weh :( x

yes it is also in level 6/7.

Well my understand of it is that if you accept a course that is lower than your preferred choice you may still be offered the higher choice but you can't be offered anything lower down the list than your current offer.

You have a few days to decide so no rush. You need to ring CAO or fetac and ask. DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT. I could easily be wrong. You need to get official confirmation before deciding.

• Advertisement

UL, WIT, UCC, CARLOW IT, BLANCH IT.

WIT, Carlow It and Blanch IT will be round One on the 19th. I think UCC and UL are today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kmrm

Has anyone received offers from WIT this morning?

I'm waiting on DIT or maynooth... 5th and 7ths choices. Dont think i got anything this round weh :( x

Awh that sucks. Keep your head up. You'll be offered your preferred choice in Round One and all your worries will be gone!

WIT, Carlow It and Blanch IT will be round One on the 19th. I think UCC and UL are today.

Ohhh all the IT's are the 19th?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

how come some one got an offer from Carlow IT this mornin? :confused:

• Advertisement

Oh god the nerves...

Ohhh all the IT's are the 19th?

Except DIT, yeah they should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 phil devlin

Well my understand of it is that if you accept a course that is lower than your preferred choice you may still be offered the higher choice but you can't be offered anything lower down the list than your current offer.

You have a few days to decide so no rush. You need to ring CAO or fetac and ask. DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT. I could easily be wrong. You need to get official confirmation before deciding.

I think you may be right nobody else in my class was offered the same course and we all did pretty well. Il get on to CAO and find out cheers mate thanks. :)

TheStig13 wrote: »
    how come some one got an offer from Carlow IT this mornin? :confused:

I think Pilot Scheme courses still have a fetac quota for places. Literally only a couple. Then the rest can compete against Leaving Cert students in Round 1 by fetac grades being turned into leaving cert points.

I think it's as follows:

Distinction - 50 leaving cert points
    Merit - 35 points
    Pass - 20 points

Maximum you can get is 400 as your best 8 modules are taken only.

Oh god the nerves...

Did you get good results? I got 11 distinctions, I was sure an offer would come in. Must be tough this year.

8 out of 8 distinctions... Maybe they were too low on the cao computer, either way I'm still going out and getting hammered tonight haha x

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

I think Pilot Scheme courses still have a fetac quota for places. Literally only a couple. Then the rest can compete against Leaving Cert students in Round 1 by fetac grades being turned into leaving cert points.

I think it's as follows:

Merit - 35 points
    Pass - 20 points

I got my offer from Carlow IT and they are making offers from what I am aware

Did you get good results? I got 11 distinctions, I was sure an offer would come in. Must be tough this year.

What courses did you apply for? I know that, for instance, if there is 10 places on offer and 20 people have got the best results possible it will go to random selection lottery and 10 people will get offers and the other 10 won't.

8 out of 8 distinctions... Maybe they were too low on the cao computer, either way I'm still going out and getting hammered tonight haha x

lol Yeah, could be time to go back to sleep and come back on the 19th and then we'll all get hammered!

Social care DIT and social science Maynooth... oh well theres always next round...

I'm just thinking i never sent them a copy of results from UL... I dont think :S x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

I think it's as follows:

Merit - 35 points
    Pass - 20 points

I wonder what that means for those of us who's courses are more than 400?

What courses did you apply for? I know that, for instance, if there is 10 places on offer and 20 people have got the best results possible it will go to random selection lottery and 10 people will get offers and the other 10 won't.

PE in both UCC and UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

I got offered a level 6/7 course as a mature student and accepted I then accepted my level 8 today so u can get offered another choice but if u accept the second it over writes the first acceptance

Lamina wrote: »
    I wonder what that means for those of us who's courses are more than 400?

It means we're all F***ED. If I could make those stars bigger I would do haha I'm so nervous about the 19th now :S What if I dun get anything... x

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mathsyay

How many places had you filled in? And did you have the results you needed for your other choices?

I dont want to try get your hopes up but the fact you weren't offered anything below your first choice yet may mean that UCD haven't had their offers out yet..

I want to do science so I have science down at every university in ireland they all have the same entry requirments and I have UCD first soo still no offers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ew121

Got accepted into trinity for psychiatric nursing, delighted :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mathsyay

Social care DIT and social science Maynooth... oh well theres always next round...

I'm just thinking i never sent them a copy of results from UL... I dont think :S x

Wait wow wow, You have to send a copy of your results ? does your college not do that for you ??

not FETAC results, I was in college before and i dont think i sent exam results in... x

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

FETAC sends in the results for you, you give them your PPS.

• Advertisement

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Gráinne, stop worrying us lol

Advertisement