Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

In question posing mood today. Off work with the flu. Too much time. :)

Arising from a post from Wild Bunch on the Transfers thread here's one for yous.

Based on recent form is it likely RVP could outscore Suarez for the rest of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

My Yoshida plan has come to an end with the return of Lovren from injury. Had him the last 5 gameweeks and it was good while it lasted.

Want to replace him for someone around the same value 4.0 / 4.5.

Have narrowed it down to these few:

Phil Bardsley (Sunderland)

Marc Wilson (Stoke)

Calum Chambers / Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton)

James Chester (Hull)

I doubt i will go with Wilson as i think someone said he will be back on the bench with the return of Huth. Also Stoke have been keeping very little clean sheets which is a pity as the have some nice fixtures coming up.

My preference would be one of the Southampton boys but which one will play the rest of the season / will they be rotated. Anyone got any news on Chambers going off with an injury for England u21s during the week?

Will Chester get his place back? Great value at 3.8. Hull are good for a clean sheet, have some nice fixtures coming up and a double gameweek.

Then there is Bardsley. Sunderland have very tough away fixtures for the rest of the season but clean sheet material in the home games. They also have a double gameweek (x2) coming up

So what do ye think? Am i missing anyone else?

I am basing this transfer for the rest of the season if i can.

My other cheapish GK / Def are from West Ham / Crystal Palace / Norwich and i do not want to double up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Now that Wilshere is out for a few weeks, going to plan getting in Ox and then Ramsey for Arsenal when he's back in form.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Now that Wilshere is out for a few weeks, going to plan getting in Ox and then Ramsey for Arsenal when he's back in form.

Any sign of Ramsey returning?

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Any sign of Ramsey returning?

Yes he could be back and involved for the Bayern game so there's a good chance he'll be back for the Tottenham game. In the meantime, Chamberlain will be guaranteed more gametime due to Wilshere injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

FHFC wrote: »
    In question posing mood today. Off work with the flu. Too much time. :)

Arising from a post from Wild Bunch on the Transfers thread here's one for yous.

Based on recent form is it likely RVP could outscore Suarez for the rest of the season?

Its not impossible but to say its likely would be a stretch. Van persie has been back for five games during which he has scored 30 points, suarez has scored 31 points in that period, which has been his worst spell of the season for goals, including one of four games this season where he has failed to score or assist, and a further three games where he failed to score.

In those five games liverpool have scored 16 goals, united 7. This season liverpool have scored 73, united 43. Suarez has 24 goals in 23 games, rvp has 11 in 16. Suarez has 19 assists and 33 bonus points, rvp has 2 assists and 16 bonus points.

The only thing that sways it in rvps favour is that he takes penalties.

Just an update, Ramsey will be back for the next league game, as confirmed at a press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Marty09

Robbie Brady out for season confirmed today by Hull....time to shift out if you have nt done already.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Marty09 wrote: »
    Robbie Brady out for season confirmed today by Hull....time to shift out if you have nt done already.

:eek:

I was hoping he would come good again ;):D

11 points v West Ham on 28th Sept

He has scored 11 points in total since that game

Despite my current ranking, I think this season is the most I have been engrossed in the game. First year using total, currently have 3 of my players rising and two falling tonight, a further two more who could drop in the next day or two, and only planning on transfering one of them. Earlier in the season, this might have worried me more, suppose this is what we call the business end of the season though, and it were needs must, trying to think and plan ahead.

Still not sure if I have a scobby do half the time though.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

How do you guys put the pictures of your teams up?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    How do you guys put the pictures of your teams up?

Take a screen shot of your team, paste it to paint, crop out the background, save to your computer, go to imgur.com, upload your pic, and then link the pic to here.

I'm sure someone will come along with an easier way, but thats how I know to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Google 'gyazo' and follow the instructions to download it. This is a free screenshot program. Once you have it downloaded you can use it for cropping images. So crop your FPL team by using the tool. If you're unsure just have a look on YouTube. When you have the cropped image on gyazo, right click and select the 'open image in new tab' option. This gives you the full url. Copy the url, click on 'insert image' in the reply function on this site and paste it into the image box and click ok. This is for Chrome by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Take a screen shot of your team, paste it to paint, crop out the background, save to your computer, go to imgur.com, upload your pic, and then link the pic to here.

I'm sure someone will come along with an easier way, but thats how I know to do it.

I just use the attach files/manage attachments option at the bottom when posting here to upload a screen shot. When you upload it you can click on it and copy and paste the URL into you post with the [IMG][/IMG] thingy.

To take screen shot on ipad press home button and off button simultaneously.

FHFC wrote: »
    I just use the attach files/manage attachments option at the bottom when posting here to upload a screen shot. When you upload it you can click on it and copy and paste the URL into you post with the [IMG][/IMG] thingy.

To take screen shot on ipad press home button and off button simultaneously.

Forgot all about the URL on the attachment method

:embarrassed:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I was just having a look on FFS there and was reading the pre-match preamble article. The guy who writes it and does the podcasts said he was outside the top 400K in the world. How the hell could that be possible when you put as much time into the game as he surely does? Personally I'm terribly disappointed to be around the 100K mark, obviously Ramsey and Coleman have a lot to do with that. How many bandwagons could that guy have possibly missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,976 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I was just having a look on FFS there and was reading the pre-match preamble article. The guy who writes it and does the podcasts said he was outside the top 400K in the world. How the hell could that be possible when you put as much time into the game as he surely does? Personally I'm terribly disappointed to be around the 100K mark, obviously Ramsey and Coleman have a lot to do with that. How many bandwagons could that guy have possibly missed?
    Am I super snobby in that I wouldnt be willing to read articles by somebody in that position?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

CSF wrote: »
    Am I super snobby in that I wouldnt be willing to read articles by somebody in that position?

Check out the guys previous positions. One poor season is all this is for him

Season Points Rank
    2006/07 2041 2217
    2007/08 2252 2392
    2008/09 2171 268
    2009/10 2272 29460
    2010/11 2154 3285
    2011/12 2287 382
    2012/13 2281 2044

No on here has consistency like that

KevIRL wrote: »
    Check out the guys previous positions. One poor season is all this is for him

Season Points Rank
    2006/07 2041 2217
    2007/08 2252 2392
    2008/09 2171 268
    2009/10 2272 29460
    2010/11 2154 3285
    2011/12 2287 382
    2012/13 2281 2044
    No on here has consistency like that
    That is fair.

CSF wrote: »
    That is fair.

My question stands though, how on earth does he find himself outside the top 400k, I'd expect a twelve year old with a bit of cop on to be in a better position than that, hope I haven't offended anyone here, is anyone here as low as 400k? How can that be?

• Advertisement

My question stands though, how on earth does he find himself outside the top 400k, I'd expect a twelve year old with a bit of cop on to be in a better position than that, hope I haven't offended anyone here, is anyone here as low as 400k? How can that be?

How difficult is it to understand someone having a poor season. Got off to a shocker and had an overall rank of 1million after GW14.

6 years out of 7 with an overall rank in top 5K (2 of those inside the top 500 overall) show its a once off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Not watching the game as out at the minute but from reading the live text, Mata seems far more involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭G1032

No, but I'm in an appalling position just outside the top 100,000. It's been a funny season. Even take this week.... Everyone has practically the same team. No real wheeling and dealing had to be done this year. All the top scorers were affordable to basically everyone. Some of us just took the risk that a couple of bandwagons wouldn't last but they did....... I know several people who usual do very well that are doing terrible this season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

That guy is probably one of the best FF players in the world, but I agree that it's very hard to work out how he could be outside the top 400k. Must be a case of everything that could go wrong, has.

roryc wrote: »
    That guy is probably one of the best FF players in the world, but I agree that it's very hard to work out how he could be outside the top 400k. Must be a case of everything that could go wrong, has.
    I don't think he can be one of the best in the world and be that low. I genuinely don't believe that in spite of his good record upto now.

G1032 wrote: »
    No, but I'm in an appalling position just outside the top 100,000. It's been a funny season. Even take this week.... Everyone has practically the same team. No real wheeling and dealing had to be done this year. All the top scorers were affordable to basically everyone. Some of us just took the risk that a couple of bandwagons wouldn't last but they did....... I know several people who usual do very well that are doing terrible this season

I'm around the same as yourself (100k) and I think that just about everything has gone wrong for me this year, never had Ramsey, the first goal I got from Coleman was last week, moved Yaya out too early, twice failed to captain Suarez when he had monster hauls (my captain scored two both times), I'm only just starting.
    I wasn't meaning to insult the guy or anyone else, I just cannot really figure out what he could have done to end up in 400k, how do you get the link to his team anyway, I could just go and have a look:o

Futureguy has finished in the top 5k the last 3 years running and is currently outside the top 150k. It happens.

He started off brilliantly! That's incredible, a player of his standard starting in top 12k should be in the top 100 by now!

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    He started off brilliantly! That's incredible, a player of his standard starting in top 12k should be in the top 100 by now!

Not really Rory, small sample size of one GW you are referring to there and it was a DGW to kick off with too. Overall his first few weeks were and was in the million/double million GR for 9 out of the next 10 GW's

Advertisement