Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,973 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Congrats to FHFC and Lemlin you're the only ones round these parts that made my list. The rest just reads like a who's who of Shels fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

294047.jpg

Think we found the boards FSA bike! Jeez Mr P, I didn't even get ya flowers.

I'll call you though. Really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Congrats to FHFC and Lemlin you're the only ones round these parts that made my list. The rest just reads like a who's who of Shels fans.

If I'd known you were a shels fan!! :pac:

Edit: hang on a minute, the list gives 11 names. So after me, Lemlin and both of Shels other fans who made up the other 7 places?? ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

roryc wrote: »
    And yet...

345hdzp.png

The matchmaking thing removes people on your friends list btw

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

FHFC wrote: »
    294047.jpg

You're first on mine. I'm 11th on yours. It's like you're from Venus and I'm from Mars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

KevIRL
    Mr.Prodston
    Lemlin
    finnharpsboy
    roryc
    q2ice
    FHFC
    massdebater
    PARlance
    FutureGuy
    G1032

Mr.P has competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

BNMC wrote: »

Mr.P has competition!

Pfft Mr.P has piece of everyone's pie. They know I treat 'em right and they always come crawling back :p

Had a dream that Chelsea shipped 4 in their next GW, be careful if you're doubling up. Also Benteke scores twice

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

8-10 wrote: »
    Had a dream that Chelsea shipped 4 in their next GW, be careful if you're doubling up. Also Benteke scores twice

I'm doubling up but will only play 1 of the 2 as they're playing Everton which is a tough game.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm doubling up but will only play 1 of the 2 as they're playing Everton which is a tough game.

It sure was in the dream anyway!

(Will probably also double up)

• Advertisement

Don't see it mentioned elsewhere but Fulham are into their third manager of the season. Felix Magath appointed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Don't see it mentioned elsewhere but Fulham are into their third manager of the season. Felix Magath appointed.

Yeah and an 18 month contract. As if he'd stay if they got relegated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

should have just given it to curbishley...think they're gone and given their wage bill, debt etc, relegation would be disastrous for fulham.

Aguero mentioned as being back in training on ITV tonight and may even make the bench for the Barca game. He'll definitely make it for next week home to Stoke. City then don't play in the League again for 3 weeks on March 15.

In between, they have 3 games - league cup final, FA Cup, CL second leg. If Aguero is eased back in by then, you're looking at a tricky situation. I have Suarez, Sturridge and Ade and am delighted with all three but Aguero is Aguero.

Sturridge is scoring a goal a game and getting assists. Ade has 8 goals and 2 assists in ten. Suarez is... well, Suarez. He may not be scoring at the minute but watching him he's going to go bang some of these weekends.

I reckon one will have to go for City's double in GW31 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

8-10 wrote: »

I'll be doubling up and if I didn't have Hazard I'd consider 3 defenders...

They've conceded 2 goals in 7 games since the new year (5/7 CS's)... And one of those goals/games was with sideshowbob at CB instead of Terry.

Did Steven Naismith get the four goals? :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

PARlance wrote: »
    I'll be doubling up and if I didn't have Hazard I'd consider 3 defenders...

They've conceded 2 goals in 7 games since the new year (5/7 CS's)... And one of those goals/games was with sideshowbob at CB instead of Terry.

Did Steven Naismith get the four goals? :rolleyes::D

Granted but they recently conceded to WB and twice today against City, albeit the strongest attack in the league. I'll be looking to bring in a Chelsea defender but don't assume they will keep going with this run. They face Everton, Spurs and Arsenal in their next 5 games.

Granted but they recently conceded to WB and twice today against City, albeit the strongest attack in the league. I'll be looking to bring in a Chelsea defender but don't assume they will keep going with this run. They face Everton, Spurs and Arsenal in their next 5 games.

Ya, no need to remind me of the WBA goal :mad:... cost me at least 10 points (Cech 4, Cahill 4, Mata Hazard (C) 1*2) and maybe a bonus or two!!! Would have got me into the 100K club.

I haven't seen much to show that they won't be one of the best defensive teams for the run in. I backed Jose from the start of Jan and I can't see any reason to change now. 71% clean sheets since Jan in the league and only 1 goal in the games they conceded.
    I don't expect the same returns from the rest of the league but I think they'll be far ahead of anyone else.

Mata plays for United now...

Mata plays for United now...

:D Been in spreadsheets all day... Hazard

PARlance wrote: »
    Ya, no need to remind me of the WBA goal :mad:... cost me at least 10 points (Cech 4, Cahill 4, Mata Hazard (C) 1*2) and maybe a bonus or two!!! Would have got me into the 100K club.

I haven't seen much to show that they won't be one of the best defensive teams for the run in. I backed Jose from the start of Jan and I can't see any reason to change now. 71% clean sheets since Jan in the league and only 1 goal in the games they conceded.
    I don't expect the same returns from the rest of the league but I think they'll be far ahead of anyone else.

Including the Arsenal game on December 14th, Chelsea have only conceded three times in their last ten PL games. The three teams that have scored against them are United, Liverpool and WBA.

The sooner they get Luiz back out of central defence the better. He was at fault for the WBA goal. As I've said previously and any pundit will say, he gives away at least one chance a game. Chances are Anichebe wouldn't have scored if Terry was playing,

In terms of future fixtures, they do play Everton, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool in their last 12 games. Only Liverpool are away of those four though. The other eight games are also all against teams in the lower half of the table.

My back five is Coleman, Terry, Mert, Ivanovic and Ward.

I will bench one Chelsea defender on any of the tough weeks: Mert will also be transferred out for a City defender ahead of their doubles. Most likely Kompany because he's guaranteed gametime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

When is the cut-off for a suspension due to accumulating 10 yellow cards? It's usually around the start of April I think?

Current fantasy relevant players close to the mark are:
    Rooney - 8
    Ivanovic - 7
    Zabaleta - 7
    Bardsley - 7

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    When is the cut-off for a suspension due to accumulating 10 yellow cards? It's usually around the start of April I think?

Current fantasy relevant players close to the mark are:
    Rooney - 8
    Ivanovic - 7
    Zabaleta - 7
    Bardsley - 7

From the FA website:

"If a player receives 10 cautions between the first day of the season and the second Sunday in April they will be suspended for a period of 2 matches".

The second Sunday in April is the 13th. GW34.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Im coming 2nd to one of the lads from work, he is 66 pts ahead so its going to be tough to catch him but its not impossible

his team

scezney
    given

cahill
    koschesney
    fonte
    mcshane
    faye

mata
    y.toure
    hazard
    miralles
    delph

suarez
    sturidge
    bony

My team

mannone
    k.davis

konscielny
    demel
    fabio
    whittaker
    brayford

mata
    y.toure
    hazard
    lallana
    bacuna

rvp
    sturidge
    suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Coleman (chel a), Terry (evet h), Williamson (avil h), Gabbidon (mutd h), Olsson (spur h).

Which 3-4 to play this GW(27)?

At expense of Sterling/Yaya Touré/Lallana/Hazard/Zaha

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Coleman (chel a), Terry (evet h), Williamson (avil h), Gabbidon (mutd h), Olsson (spur h).

Which 3-4 to play this GW(27)?

At expense of Sterling/Yaya Touré/Lallana/Hazard/Zaha

If it was me, I'd play Terry, Coleman and Williamson. Williamson definitely won't keep a clean sheet but then Gabbidon doesn't play and Olsson won't either.

If it was me, I'd play Terry, Coleman and Williamson. Williamson definitely won't keep a clean sheet but then Gabbidon doesn't play and Olsson won't either.

Was thinking of going with the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chester's back on the bench again for Hull tomorrow (he was also on the bench for their cup game last Monday) and should be fit to start their games against Newcastle (H) and Villa (A). They've got City (H), West Brom (H), Stoke (A) and Swansea (H) over the next few weeks too.

Might be good news for some (myself included) who held on to him and are looking for someone to slot in ahead of the next couple of gameweeks when some teams don't play and also for some of the final run in with those fixtures.

So who do I let go for Nolan, and when.

Sterling
    Lallana
    Hazard
    Yaya Touré
    Zaha

All in preparation for GW29. Yaya is not an option, as too good to let go, Zaha is also a doubt to let go as currently involved in GW29.

Obviously is West Ham win tonight, consider the question void.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Obviously is West Ham win tonight, consider the question void.

West Ham don't play tonight, it's Hull at home to Brighton. If Hull win (which they had better do!) then their GW29 AGAINST West Ham is off. Makes Nolan a great option for later in the season when West Ham will then have a double GW that includes Hull at home. In the meantime though its a risk having Nolan for GW29 when most teams are already struggling to field 11 and not wanting to sell the likes of Sturridge, Suarez, Coleman etc.

My rival has run like God when it comes to FA Cup results so it wouldn't surprise me to see a Brighton win tonight!

• Advertisement

West Ham don't play tonight, it's Hull at home to Brighton. If Hull win (which they had better do!) then their GW29 AGAINST West Ham is off. Makes Nolan a great option for later in the season when West Ham will then have a double GW that includes Hull at home. In the meantime though its a risk having Nolan for GW29 when most teams are already struggling to field 11 and not wanting to sell the likes of Sturridge, Suarez, Coleman etc.

My rival has run like God when it comes to FA Cup results so it wouldn't surprise me to see a Brighton win tonight!

Sorry, meant hull. I currently only have 8 or 9, and have no intentions of selling any of the above.

Advertisement