Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

My question stands though, how on earth does he find himself outside the top 400k, I'd expect a twelve year old with a bit of cop on to be in a better position than that, hope I haven't offended anyone here, is anyone here as low as 400k? How can that be?

How difficult is it to understand someone having a poor season. Got off to a shocker and had an overall rank of 1million after GW14.

6 years out of 7 with an overall rank in top 5K (2 of those inside the top 500 overall) show its a once off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Not watching the game as out at the minute but from reading the live text, Mata seems far more involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

My question stands though, how on earth does he find himself outside the top 400k, I'd expect a twelve year old with a bit of cop on to be in a better position than that, hope I haven't offended anyone here, is anyone here as low as 400k? How can that be?

No, but I'm in an appalling position just outside the top 100,000. It's been a funny season. Even take this week.... Everyone has practically the same team. No real wheeling and dealing had to be done this year. All the top scorers were affordable to basically everyone. Some of us just took the risk that a couple of bandwagons wouldn't last but they did....... I know several people who usual do very well that are doing terrible this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

That guy is probably one of the best FF players in the world, but I agree that it's very hard to work out how he could be outside the top 400k. Must be a case of everything that could go wrong, has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭CSF

roryc wrote: »
    That guy is probably one of the best FF players in the world, but I agree that it's very hard to work out how he could be outside the top 400k. Must be a case of everything that could go wrong, has.
    I don't think he can be one of the best in the world and be that low. I genuinely don't believe that in spite of his good record upto now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

G1032 wrote: »
    No, but I'm in an appalling position just outside the top 100,000. It's been a funny season. Even take this week.... Everyone has practically the same team. No real wheeling and dealing had to be done this year. All the top scorers were affordable to basically everyone. Some of us just took the risk that a couple of bandwagons wouldn't last but they did....... I know several people who usual do very well that are doing terrible this season

I'm around the same as yourself (100k) and I think that just about everything has gone wrong for me this year, never had Ramsey, the first goal I got from Coleman was last week, moved Yaya out too early, twice failed to captain Suarez when he had monster hauls (my captain scored two both times), I'm only just starting.
    I wasn't meaning to insult the guy or anyone else, I just cannot really figure out what he could have done to end up in 400k, how do you get the link to his team anyway, I could just go and have a look:o

Futureguy has finished in the top 5k the last 3 years running and is currently outside the top 150k. It happens.

He started off brilliantly! That's incredible, a player of his standard starting in top 12k should be in the top 100 by now!

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    He started off brilliantly! That's incredible, a player of his standard starting in top 12k should be in the top 100 by now!

Not really Rory, small sample size of one GW you are referring to there and it was a DGW to kick off with too. Overall his first few weeks were and was in the million/double million GR for 9 out of the next 10 GW's

Thats my point, it's as if he got off to a flyer and then gave the controls to a toddler for the next few months. I haven't looked into his transfers and like I said before I really rate him, just crazy how bad a single season can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

He... didn't... captain.... Suarez?

His team value is also very low for a player who should be pretty involved in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

I've just had a look through his gameweeks and I've noticed a few things

He never got Ramsey.

He only tranferred in Aguero and Suarez in GW13.

He's never had Yaya.

His captain choices have been touch and go but i suppose we've all had that.

Any player would've gotten away without one or two of the above players but not all of them while they were scoring heavily.

His midfield suffered badly from the late purchases of Aguero and Suarez.

I'm not criticising him, many players who have done well for years in this game are faring badly this season. Not me though, I always do badly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Can somebody remind me the rules for suspension at this time of the season? Off the top of my head I think its something like a player has to accumulate 10 season bookings before a cut-off date in order to receive a suspension. Can somebody confirm this? And if so what the cut-off date is?? Thanks

Manual man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

manual_man wrote: »
    Can somebody remind me the rules for suspension at this time of the season? Off the top of my head I think its something like a player has to accumulate 10 season bookings before a cut-off date in order to receive a suspension. Can somebody confirm this? And if so what the cut-off date is?? Thanks

Manual man

Second Sunday in April.
    http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Liverpool vs Shamrock Rovers in Aviva on 14th May at 17.30 for those interested, hopefully S and S will be there with PL medals

Just seen no player going to world cup will be there
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/371546/Liverpool-head-to-Ireland-But-it-will-be-a-no-show-from-Suarez-Gerrard-and-Sturridge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

The lowest scoring outfielder in the dreamteam this week got 16 points. In 17 of the 31 GWs so far, the highest scoring player had 16 points or less. Crazy gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looks like McGregor is out for the rest of the season http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/hulls-allan-mcgregor-out-rest-3293530

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Looks like McGregor is out for the rest of the season http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/hulls-allan-mcgregor-out-rest-3293530

Was thinking that seemed likely based in Bruce's comments after the game, Harper could be a great option to free up half a million or so on the run in. May swap him for Speroni after GW34.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Advertisement

Ouch. So harsh for the World Cup

As long as his game classification is defender I cant see that changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

If he's still classified as a defender (and from what I see FPL are very slow to re-classify a player), surely playing in midfield would be more appealing?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    If he's still classified as a defender (and from what I see FPL are very slow to re-classify a player), surely playing in midfield would be more appealing?
    Not that he's been lighting it up with assists this season but I would think wingback would give him more chances than holding mid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Dunno if it's been posted but Norwich have sacked Chris Hughton.

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/452885401183989761

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

tom_k wrote: »
    Dunno if it's been posted but Norwich have sacked Chris Hughton.

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/452885401183989761

Don't play Michael Turner when he's fit and able and you get sacked when it naturally doesn't work. Hard to argue with that logic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I see Ivanovic is suspended for chelsea's semi final 1st leg we should see Cole play a game or two to get him up to speed this should mean azpil or ivan getting a rest over the next couple of weeks. Great for me as my rival has both of them.

I see Ivanovic is suspended for chelsea's semi final 1st leg we should see Cole play a game or two to get him up to speed this should mean azpil or ivan getting a rest over the next couple of weeks. Great for me as my rival has both of them.
    Does Mourinho have previous for this? Or would he be happy just giving Ashley 20-30 mins as a sub the next couple matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Does Mourinho have previous for this? Or would he be happy just giving Ashley 20-30 mins as a sub the next couple matches?

Not sure if mourinho has. Just would make sense to me. Would be silly IMO for cole to be expected to come in and play a cl semi final after not playing for months. Mourinho loves the ivan terry cahill azpil back 4 so who knows.

• Advertisement

Rooney out for season

Wow, this would be crazy if true.

Rooney out for season

Wow, this would be crazy if true.

Would be great news for Mata though. It will guarantee him the number 10 position.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Would be great news for Mata though. It will guarantee him the number 10 position.

Definitely. Also has me contemplating fitting RVP back in for the last two game weeks if as suggested he's fit again.

Damn, Rooney was going to be my secret weapon against my rival. He hates United with a passion and I can't see him getting in United players, other than maybe Mata. Balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

lads rambo wasnt injured when he came off for kallstrom was he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

He didnt look injured but he did look knackered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

manual_man wrote: »
    lads rambo wasnt injured when he came off for kallstrom was he?

Kallstrom took a penalty, I presume he came on at that stage to make him eligible to take one.
    Wouldn't be over worried about him looking knackered. There was during extra time and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wouldn't really expect a Ramsey start on Tuesday though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

CSF wrote: »
    Wouldn't really expect a Ramsey start on Tuesday though.

I'd say it's a certainty that he'll start, why would you think otherwise? Flamini and Wilshere aren't available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'd say it's a certainty that he'll start, why would you think otherwise? Flamini and Wilshere aren't available.

Don't think Wenger will push him this time after his previous injury and he played nearly 120 minutes yesterday. Would expect Kallstrom to start and Ramsey to come on for the last 20 if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So. We could have Rooney and Yaya out for the season.
    Hazard may not be as essential as he used to be. At least for the next 2 games (with the CL semis perspective I guess Mourinho will take no risks vs Sunderland and then they travel to Anfield).
    How fit is Aguero? We'll see Wednesay I suppose...

That's 2 or 3 big players out making the middle priced players much more appealing again (e.g. Eriksen ATM).

So, that's an advantage players with a high team value had which is vanishing away...

iroced wrote: »
    So, that's an advantage players with a high team value had which is vanishing away...

Three little letters. R V P. :)

FHFC wrote: »

I was just thinking the same myself. Plus expensive defenders like Terry are still proving their worth.

I was just thinking the same myself. Plus expensive defenders like Terry are still proving their worth.

If i have to sell yaya I'll probably double up on chelsea defence with azpi and cahill in for Baines and get Silva, Mata and RVP for DGW37.

I would consider Chicharito in for Lukaku if RvP and Rooney are out and Moyes seems like he's picking a consistent team (yeah right :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

If i have to sell yaya I'll probably double up on chelsea defence with azpi and cahill in for Baines and get Silva, Mata and RVP for DGW37.

Right but I thought he was out for the season... Is he due back? His return could reshuffle the cards.

iroced wrote: »
    Right but I thought he was out for the season... Is he due back? His return could reshuffle the cards.

See other thread. Have put up a few links. He posted videos of himself in training yesterday. Could be back for DGW.

On another note I passed 1, 500 posts (all on this forum) since September today. Thanks for having me. As someone who hasn't engaged with a Web forum for many years yous have largely restored my faith in the Internet! And also proved that deep down I'm still an opinionated ****er who cant shut up.

Think I'm learning the ropes. Just don't mention Distins yellow, Terry's 'goal' and never ever disrespect Michael Turner. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

When it comes to consistency, you have to take your hat off to the leader, he has been number 1 in the world for 8 weeks running, in last 17 weeks he fell to 3rd once, and straight back up to first one week after, and fell to 2nd, and straight back to first.

His lowest ever rank was 4334 in GW2:eek::eek::eek:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1340/history/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ace2007 wrote: »
    When it comes to consistency, you have to take your hat off to the leader, he has been number 1 in the world for 8 weeks running, in last 17 weeks he fell to 3rd once, and straight back up to first one week after, and fell to 2nd, and straight back to first.

His lowest ever rank was 4334 in GW2:eek::eek::eek:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1340/history/

I beat him last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

gotta laugh some times at lads thinking theyve won leagues

sadly this isnt a paid league so no biggie

this lad stopped playing a month ago
    pretty sure he was top 5k then and 130-140 ahead
    of the rest of us

so ive clawed his lead back as a result with him playing yaya
    hazard studge and them injured and now im 8 ahead

obviously tuned back in and made 3 transfers this week in a panic