Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So. We could have Rooney and Yaya out for the season.
    Hazard may not be as essential as he used to be. At least for the next 2 games (with the CL semis perspective I guess Mourinho will take no risks vs Sunderland and then they travel to Anfield).
    How fit is Aguero? We'll see Wednesay I suppose...

That's 2 or 3 big players out making the middle priced players much more appealing again (e.g. Eriksen ATM).

So, that's an advantage players with a high team value had which is vanishing away...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    So, that's an advantage players with a high team value had which is vanishing away...

Three little letters. R V P. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »

I was just thinking the same myself. Plus expensive defenders like Terry are still proving their worth.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I was just thinking the same myself. Plus expensive defenders like Terry are still proving their worth.

If i have to sell yaya I'll probably double up on chelsea defence with azpi and cahill in for Baines and get Silva, Mata and RVP for DGW37.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I would consider Chicharito in for Lukaku if RvP and Rooney are out and Moyes seems like he's picking a consistent team (yeah right :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    If i have to sell yaya I'll probably double up on chelsea defence with azpi and cahill in for Baines and get Silva, Mata and RVP for DGW37.

Right but I thought he was out for the season... Is he due back? His return could reshuffle the cards.

iroced wrote: »
    Right but I thought he was out for the season... Is he due back? His return could reshuffle the cards.

See other thread. Have put up a few links. He posted videos of himself in training yesterday. Could be back for DGW.

On another note I passed 1, 500 posts (all on this forum) since September today. Thanks for having me. As someone who hasn't engaged with a Web forum for many years yous have largely restored my faith in the Internet! And also proved that deep down I'm still an opinionated ****er who cant shut up.

Think I'm learning the ropes. Just don't mention Distins yellow, Terry's 'goal' and never ever disrespect Michael Turner. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

When it comes to consistency, you have to take your hat off to the leader, he has been number 1 in the world for 8 weeks running, in last 17 weeks he fell to 3rd once, and straight back up to first one week after, and fell to 2nd, and straight back to first.

His lowest ever rank was 4334 in GW2:eek::eek::eek:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1340/history/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ace2007 wrote: »
    When it comes to consistency, you have to take your hat off to the leader, he has been number 1 in the world for 8 weeks running, in last 17 weeks he fell to 3rd once, and straight back up to first one week after, and fell to 2nd, and straight back to first.

I beat him last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

gotta laugh some times at lads thinking theyve won leagues

sadly this isnt a paid league so no biggie

this lad stopped playing a month ago
    pretty sure he was top 5k then and 130-140 ahead
    of the rest of us

so ive clawed his lead back as a result with him playing yaya
    hazard studge and them injured and now im 8 ahead

obviously tuned back in and made 3 transfers this week in a panic
    certainly made me laught
    now if only the two above me in the money league would have
    a lapse or two

2i235lz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,585 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

There's a planned tube strike in London on Monday 28th which is due to start in the middle of the Arsenal - West Brom game. No word yet about whether the game might be affected but it's just something to bear in mind for those considering getting Arsenal players in early this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Time to start thinking about building next years team around a Burnley spine!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

PARlance wrote: »
    Time to start thinking about building next years team around a Burnley spine!

my da is a big burnley fan so know a fair bit about them. kieran trippier a right back 14 assists this seaaon willl be my first signing of next year. Had graham alexander that day he got 2 and a clean sheet against hull and i was at the game an epic 21 pts from a defender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Ings will be a good cheapie striker next year. Also Kightly could be good for points.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Ings will be a good cheapie striker next year. Also Kightly could be good for points.

ye ings is a good player and shud hit double figures. Kightly was on loan not sure if theyll sign him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

yomtea98 wrote: »

A good cheap striker.... Seems like a while since one of them entered the equation.
    Would be nice to see it next year though... It's been hard to see beyond the expensive ones this year

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

definition of slow but steady progress

(after an awful start to the season):

Screenshot+%2528214%2529.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

manual_man wrote: »
    definition of slow but steady progress

(after an awful start to the season):

Screenshot+%2528214%2529.png

Are you doing any better on Tagged?! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »

Awful lot of 4pt hits. Maybe they work afterall!

Invincible wrote: »
    Are you doing any better on Tagged?! :D

I wish :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Just looking at my ranking for each quarter:

Q1 891k
    Q2 133k
    Q3 94k
    Q4 20k
    Overall 48k

I have made slow and steady progress each quarter and am currently on a run of only 3 red arrows in the last 18 weeks rising from 350k to 48k. My season low point was after GW5 when I was ranked 1.2m!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Weetabix wrote: »

Q1 891k
    Q2 133k
    Q3 94k
    Q4 20k
    Overall 48k

I have made slow and steady progress each quarter and am currently on a run of only 3 red arrows in the last 18 weeks rising from 350k to 48k. My season low point was after GW5 when I was ranked 1.2m!

I've actually followed the same run as my previous 2 seasons. I always seem to blow up in the last few gameweeks. Last year it was not having RVP when everyone captained him, this year it will be probably be the week just gone.

Q1 192k
    Q2 40k
    Q3 4k
    Q4 191k

Overall rank 4,500 (down from 2,700 last week). Hopefully having a decent team for the final DGW will pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Weetabix wrote: »

Q1 891k
    Q2 133k
    Q3 94k
    Q4 20k
    Overall 48k

How do you check your ranking for each quarter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Dearg81 wrote: »
    How do you check your ranking for each quarter?

Go to the league table and you will see an option at the top to filter through a range of options, months and quarters.

I'm 218 in the world for quarter 4.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Go to the league table and you will see an option at the top to filter through a range of options, months and quarters.

I'm 218 in the world for quarter 4.:cool:

218 is pretty damn good!

I've steadily improved over the season, up to 5k overall now. I always make too many transfers in the first half of the season every season(31 this season over the first 19 weeks) but it seems to work out in the end:

Q1 - 237k
    Q2 - 93k
    Q3 - 19k
    Q4 - 17K

Dearg81 wrote: »
    218 is pretty damn good!

I've steadily improved over the season, up to 5k overall now. I always make too many transfers in the first half of the season every season(31 this season over the first 19 weeks) but it seems to work out in the end:

Q1 - 237k
    Q2 - 93k
    Q3 - 19k
    Q4 - 17K

I'm in the Top 10K for Q4 i'll take that :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

6155 for Q4

had nobody playing last nite

Q1 471,240
    Q2 444,599