Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

PARlance wrote: »
    Suarez v Sturridge

Sturridge's Adjusted Average is 8.94
    Thus closing the gap to 0.7 points

If I hadn't ignored the 2 games were Sturridge was subbed off then his average crepts even closer (obviously enough) to 9.33

It's not an average points per game per se, more of a points per 90 mins...

It still won't make it any easier watching on with him, watching him when he was uncaptained was hard enough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Handy calendar in InsideFpl's newsletter today.

v8o6FOw.png
    q5Rs2Tn.png
    PVbb2nX.png
    dIfc9qx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Thank Christ I have still have my wildcard, its going to get manic in the next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Regarding RVP ownership, he has only been brought in by about 86,000 players since his return from injury. It's fair to assume that his ownership prior to that was 99% inactive.

So that gives him quite low ownership. Even if there are only 1m active players it would be less than 1%. Surprising that so many on here seem to have him!

292895.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

FHFC wrote: »
    Regarding RVP ownership, he has only been brought in by about 86,000 players since his return from injury. It's fair to assume that his ownership prior to that was 99% inactive.

So that gives him quite low ownership. Even if there are only 1m active players it would be less than 1%. Surprising that so many on here seem to have him!

I would imagine for a lot (like myself) it was only due to the Aguero injury, i just happened to have exactly enough to bring RVP in at the time and still have every intention of shipping him out for Aguero once he's back fit! He's already cheaper then what i sold him for too! Bringing RVP in just meant i wouldnt use the funds elsewhere and have to rip my team apart trying to get Ageuro back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

FHFC wrote: »

292895.jpg

I think your Maths is a bit off - 86,000 out of 1million would be 8.6%.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think your Maths is a bit off - 86,000 out of 1million would be 8.6%.

True. And that makes more sense. What doesn't make sense is that I'm an engineer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lads whens Sunderlands double gameweek? They're missing in GW28

I see United and City have a double GW but not them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Trilla wrote: »
    Lads whens Sunderlands double gameweek? They're missing in GW28

I see United and City have a double GW but not them

Not decided yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I've gone from hopeless at the start of the season, to brilliant over Christmas, to absolute boring mediocrity since the January wildcard.

Overall Rank:

Gameweek 20 23,132
    Gameweek 21 27,664
    Gameweek 22 23,489
    Gameweek 23 23,379
    Gameweek 24 22,101
    Gameweek 25 23,278

I've lost 146 places in 6 weeks, played wildcard in GW22. I'm literally standing still.

And the worst thing is I have no idea on how to change this :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Think you're very harsh on yourself. "Boring mediocrity" for just outside the top 20k is quite a strong statement!

To change it you'll need one big captain differential (like Hazard this week) and/or take good advantage of a DGW ;).

iroced wrote: »
    Think you're very harsh on yourself. "Boring mediocrity" for just outside the top 20k is quite a strong statement!

I don't mean just outside 20K is mediocrity, I know I've done well to get that far. I mean the fact that I've only moved 146 places in 6 weeks is mediocrity. I must be hitting the average every week.

I'm thinking maybe I should double up on a defense. Everton was my initial thought but City and Chelsea also look good...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

8-10 wrote: »
    I don't mean just outside 20K is mediocrity, I know I've done well to get that far. I mean the fact that I've only moved 146 places in 6 weeks is mediocrity. I must be hitting the average every week.

I'm thinking maybe I should double up on a defense. Everton was my initial thought but City and Chelsea also look good...

Yeah but that'd be the top 20-30k average not the "official" average. Which is pretty good in fairness ;).

City have a great run coming but they may miss 2 GWs. Also with the CL coming they may be rotated.
    Chelsea may be the way to go. They finally seem to get as efficient defensively as I expected them to be from the start of the season with Mourinho's return. 7 CS out of the last 9 games !!!
    WH are also on a great run CS-wise for a cheap 4th/5th def ;) or for the keeper.

Suarez v Sturridge

So, I've been meaning to look at this again since Sturridge has come back from injury.

Personally I took a gamble on opting to pick Sturridge over Suarez a few weeks ago, if I could turn back time, I would have planned it differently and I would have probably worked both of them into the team (along with RVP...Aguero injury being the big spanner in my differential move).
    My differential punt (needed) was RVP + Sturridge over Suarez + Aguero.

Anyway, someone else was considering the Suarez v Sturridge move so I've safety in numbers now :eek: And here are the numbers.

This season, the pairing have played together in the league on 11 13 occasions.
    GW's 6-12 and 21-2426 inclusive

Points over those 13 games
    Suarez 113
    Sturridge 105

Points Average per game
    Suarez 9.64 8.69
    Sturridge 7.64

Exactly 2 0.62 points per game in the difference.

Updated...it's getting closer

Sturridge: when adjusted for his 2 games when he went off injuried & came back from injury is 9.21.... so minute per minute, he's the higher scorer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Is it 8 games on the trot now? Must be close to breaking a record, think its held by Van Nistelrooy

roryc wrote: »
    Is it 8 games on the trot now? Must be close to breaking a record, think its held by Van Nistelrooy

7 PL games in a row with a goal, 7 goals from 6 games since his return and 1 in the everton when he got injured.

He has played 18 games this season and has scored in 15 of them.
    But he "only* has 16 goals. 14games * 1 goal and 1 game * 2goals
    He doesn't go nuts like Suarez...

Second FFS Cup of the season open for business:

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/02/12/ffs-paddy-power-cup-ix-and-members-cup-iv-entry-now-open/

Hope to go one better this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Well for the day that's in it here's who loves me in order according to boards :P
    http://www.boards.ie/love.php

Lemlin
    Iused2likebusts
    Welsh Megaman
    KevIRL
    PARlance
    FutureGuy
    FHFC
    Go Harvey Go
    Swiper the fox
    roryc
    Hogey007

The vast majority are FSA members naturally. The big question is though what have you got lined up for our special night Lemlin? :pac:

Well for the day that's in it here's who loves me in order according to boards :P
    http://www.boards.ie/love.php

Lemlin
    Iused2likebusts
    Welsh Megaman
    KevIRL
    PARlance
    FutureGuy
    FHFC
    Go Harvey Go
    Swiper the fox
    roryc
    Hogey007

The vast majority are FSA members naturally. The big question is though what have you got lined up for our special night Lemlin? :pac:

Haha that's gas... seems im compatible with a lot of the lads around here too :eek::o:rolleyes:;)

pizza and a shag anyone?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

massdebater
    Vojera
    Czarcasm
    bluewolf
    Mr.Prodston
    Wibbs
    DazMarz
    homemadecider
    rawn
    Millicent
    gnfnrhead

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭deadlineday

Username Compatibility
    Mr.Prodston
    finnharpsboy
    KevIRL
    CSF
    BNMC
    PARlance
    FHFC
    Swiper the fox
    8-10
    zerks
    carraig2

On the top of my list Mr P

Second on my list Mr.P but number 1 is a mod on the golf forum!!!!
    There has been more yellow cards than valentines cards there

Only 2 other FSA'ers make my list.... FHFC and Iusedtolikebusts... sloppy seconds anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

q1V8J26.png

Should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Second on my list Mr.P but number 1 is a mod on the golf forum!!!!
    There has been more yellow cards than valentines cards there

Only 2 other FSA'ers make my list.... FHFC and Iusedtolikebusts... sloppy seconds anyone?

Mr P is on top of my list aswell he gets around that boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

What the hell kind of can of worms have I opened for myself here? Everyone wants a bit of Mr.P :cool:

What the hell kind of can of worms have I opened for myself here? Everyone wants a bit of Mr.P :cool:

We're only after your Mickey

He's top of my list too. Slut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Mr. Prodston on everyone's list.

And yet...

345hdzp.png

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    And yet...

345hdzp.png

Are you going to step up to the plate so Rory?

Advertisement