Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Start Yoshida away to Fulham or Brown away to Newcastle? Had it in Yoshida but Fulham signing a new prolific striker has spooked me!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FHFC wrote: »
    Start Yoshida away to Fulham or Brown away to Newcastle? Had it in Yoshida but Fulham signing a new prolific striker has spooked me!

I wonder was he registered in time to be included for this weekend though? I'm going with Luke Shaw so hopefully not!

I wonder was he registered in time to be included for this weekend though? I'm going with Luke Shaw so hopefully not!

According to FFScout's team news "Fulham's big deadline day signing, striker Kostas Mitroglou, set to be ruled out after missing the registration deadline for the weekend clash."

Would it be madness to play Noone at home to Norwich ahead of Hazard away to City? Assuming Jose parks the bus there may not be much in the way of attacking points for Chelsea men....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Joe ledley signed for palace that will probably see ward moved back to RB and marriapa lose his place.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Would it be madness to play Noone at home to Norwich ahead of Hazard away to City? Assuming Jose parks the bus there may not be much in the way of attacking points for Chelsea men....

If I did do this 9 of my starting 11 would be wearing red this week. Reason enough right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If Holtby and Mitroglou had teamed up at somebody else rather than Fulham I may be a lot more excited. All the same in a few weeks Mitroglou could become a hero. If only it was Newcastle or somebody like that who signed him he could be gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8-10 wrote: »
    A bit of team value sleuthing has me believe that he brought in Mata for Silva on Tuesday night. If so that'll make it 7 differentials for each team, anyone's game! Also means I know his starting 11 as he has 3 outfield injuries and a sub keeper. One of his outfielders only came on for 3mins the other night so hopefully he doesn't start again this weekend.

Of course I may have it wrong and he transferred out one of his injuries but I just can't see which one.

I can now see that he's made another transfer, looks like Aguero -> Sturridge for -4.

Been trying to talk myself out of making the same change for defensive reasons

Good luck today! !

Final time....the other Irish guy ranked in top 1K got knocked out in the other semi so it's me versus an American....

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/01/30/fantasy-football-scout-cup-viii-the-final/

Ok thanks everybody for indulging in my commentary of this!

Teams are out, I got his 2 transfers spot on so no surprises. Differentials to look out for:

HIM:

Boruc
    Azpilicueta
    Koscielny
    Gabbidon
    A Johnson
    Adebayor
    Sturridge

ME:

Mignolet
    Sagna
    Mertesacker
    Kolarov
    Januzaj
    Lallana
    J Rodriguez

So whichever of these groupings scores more, wins!

I notice Gabbidon is yellow flagged so hopefully he doesn't start as he has no defensive subs. Also he's -4 from a transfer hit. However I'm relying on Arsenal to keep a clean sheet and the Southampton boys to do something away from home, and have Januzaj as a doubt to start. Adebayor v Hull and Sturridge v WBA scare me the most.

Anyway I'm off to Donegal so won't be online again until tomorrow. Hopefully the Southampton and United lads for me do something by then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Best of luck 8-10 we're all rooting for you in this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Who comes on for you in Januzaj doesn't play? Ashley Young played very well last time out.. Januzaj might only get a few minutes on the field, or none at all

Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    Best of luck 8-10 we're all rooting for you in this

Totally agree. Would be great to see a forum member win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Lucas Hood wrote: »

How did Arsenal loan a player thats out 2-3 months?

If it happened since they got him, how was that diagnosis done so quick?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Dempsey wrote: »
    How did Arsenal loan a player thats out 2-3 months?

If it happened since they got him, how was that diagnosis done so quick?

Injured in his first training session

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Oh I hope that's true... :D:D

Yet to be confirmed though, and sees to have originated on that dodgy website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Danger781 wrote: »
    Oh I hope that's true... :D:D

Yet to be confirmed though, and sees to have originated on that dodgy website.

Stay classy

Danger781 wrote: »
    Who comes on for you in Januzaj doesn't play? Ashley Young played very well last time out.. Januzaj might only get a few minutes on the field, or none at all

Good luck!!

Mariappa is my only sub that can play as I already have Aguero and McNaughton with 0 mins as well as januzaj. So I need him to play or else I'll just have 10.

Liverpool and Arsenal clean sheet sets me up well. Sturridge goals might kill me off.

k8c5hkG.png

Hah :D

• Advertisement

Mariappa is my only sub that can play as I already have Aguero and McNaughton with 0 mins as well as januzaj. So I need him to play or else I'll just have 10.

Liverpool and Arsenal clean sheet sets me up well. Sturridge goals might kill me off.

Sturridge scored and Mariappa didn't play, leaving me with 10 players.

Down to the wire now. I'm on 45, he has 46. I have Kolarov, he has Azpilicueta.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Close! I imagine both will concede. What will happen if its 2-1 Chelsea and you both end on 48? Assume it goes down to goals scored or something.

roryc wrote: »
    Close! I imagine both will concede. What will happen if its 2-1 Chelsea and you both end on 48? Assume it goes down to goals scored or something.

Highest rank overall actually, in which case I win. I assume that's the easiest way they have of doing tiebreaks.

Man City's fixtures after tonight:

Norwich (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Stoke (H)
    BLANK GW
    A Villa (H)
    Hull (A)
    Fulham (H), Man U (A) double gw

I'm thinking of sticking with my 3 City players until the blank, subbing 1 out and benching 2 that week, then 1 back in for Villa. I don't want any less than 3 City players for any of those GW's bar the blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Highest rank overall actually, in which case I win. I assume that's the easiest way they have of doing tiebreaks.

In that case, I see you winning.

CSF wrote: »
    In that case, I see you winning.

Both players start anyway! Teams look defensive so I wouldn't be surprised at 0-0 and actually am backing a Chelsea 1-0 win which would of course lose me the matchup.

Has been a fun ride either way but fingers crossed Kolarov can do the business! Will know in a few hours anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

best of luck 2 1 city with a kolarov assist.

best of luck 2 1 city with a kolarov assist.

So far all he's done is getting booked and conceding! Doesn't look likely at all now, he can only get me enough points by assisting or scoring. I really missed a trick not taking a hit to get in Sturridge. I knew that was my opponent's move and I would have gotten an extra 5 points from it. In the end it was a toss of a coin that told me not to make the transfer!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Man City's fixtures after tonight:

Norwich (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Stoke (H)
    BLANK GW
    A Villa (H)
    Hull (A)
    Fulham (H), Man U (A) double gw

I'm thinking of sticking with my 3 City players until the blank, subbing 1 out and benching 2 that week, then 1 back in for Villa. I don't want any less than 3 City players for any of those GW's bar the blank.

I'm sure you've other things on your mind at present, but I think you should factor the non PL schedule into that.
    Barca twice and a Cup Final may throw up extra rotation risk.

• Advertisement

Both players start anyway! Teams look defensive so I wouldn't be surprised at 0-0 and actually am backing a Chelsea 1-0 win which would of course lose me the matchup.

Least I got this right! Haha oh well, rollercoaster of a last GW but that's how they fall.

Advertisement