Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J4/J5 [Social Rugby] Season 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

nice under lights love playing under the lights on the firsts pitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kilkennym

OHH get you!!!! LMAO

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

.ak wrote: »
    How'd the shoulder end up like that?? Over compensating or something?

The muscle spasm caused the muscle to contract quite a bit and I adopted a posture to accommodate this. When the muscle went back to a relaxed state, it wasn't getting pulled back to it's proper position because of the poor posture, so now I need to work on it to get it stretched back to its full length.

This is what I took from the physio's explanation at least :)

so anyone know whats the skinny on the normans rfc?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

kilkennym wrote: »
    so anyone know whats the skinny on the normans rfc?

How you mean? They are a recently set up club last 3 or 4 years . I've played against them and they are a sound bunch of lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

First night of full contact training tonight, in a hack now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Teferi wrote: »
    First night of full contact training tonight, in a hack now.

Jasus you're late back

Nah, we've been back since mid-July. We never really do contact during the summer months.

How you mean? They are a recently set up club last 3 or 4 years . I've played against them and they are a sound bunch of lads

are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

kilkennym wrote: »
    are they any good?

If they could get some people out to training and work on some moves then they'll do okay.

They were easily the best bunch of lads we played against all last season, I hope they keep going and can get a proper club up and running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

cloneslad wrote: »
    If they could get some people out to training and work on some moves then they'll do okay.

They were easily the best bunch of lads we played against all last season, I hope they keep going and can get a proper club up and running.

Good bunch of lads definitely. Short on resources and numbers and distance they have to travel for away games is not helpful for them. Played them a few times, they were short on numbers once and we had few lads jumped over to play on their side.

Hope they can improve and work on boosting their numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Well the fixtures are out, see you Tarf lads on the 2nd of November :)

where are the fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

15-7 win for Tarf vs Malahide tonight. The Malahide boys were big fellas for the most part and were able to make ground easy enough. Luckily they weren't able to turn that pressure into points. Got my first 10 mins under my belt out on the wing but didn't get my hands on the ball. Still happy enough with what little I did. Wasn't afraid to stick my head into the only ruck that came my way so ill take that positive thank you very much! Even if my technique was crap. Looking forward to more.

molloyjh wrote: »
    15-7 win for Tarf vs Malahide tonight. The Malahide boys were big fellas for the most part and were able to make ground easy enough. Luckily they weren't able to turn that pressure into points. Got my first 10 mins under my belt out on the wing but didn't get my hands on the ball. Still happy enough with what little I did. Wasn't afraid to stick my head into the only ruck that came my way so ill take that positive thank you very much! Even if my technique was crap. Looking forward to more.

Actual footage of a wing in a ruck...

Teferi wrote: »
    Actual footage of a wing in a ruck...

You were there? Damn it....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

How was the intensity levels in the game molloyjh? Was gonna head out but couldn't make it in the end. All things go to plan should be back for Wednesday training... lot of catching up to do, we hadn't even started contact before I got injured! :(

How was the intensity levels in the game molloyjh? Was gonna head out but couldn't make it in the end. All things go to plan should be back for Wednesday training... lot of catching up to do, we hadn't even started contact before I got injured! :(

The Malahide boys were a physical bunch. I've nothing to compare it against myself but it certainly seemed to me to be fairly full on. There was a bit if a lack of match fitness which probably meant it wasn't as intense as it could have been but that's about it. There were a couple of big hits in it.

The Malahide boys were a physical bunch. I've nothing to compare it against myself but it certainly seemed to me to be fairly full on. There was a bit if a lack of match fitness which probably meant it wasn't as intense as it could have been but that's about it. There were a couple of big hits in it.

Malachite were their usual selves. Big strong physical hard to take down but wwe'll able to break the line. Defence for tarf was unreal especially in our own 22. Big hits on both sides and one yellow card for malahides prop. A few handbags but all in all a tough physical game which the scoreline suggests.

Malahide not Malachite. Sorry fooking phone no disrespect meant at all pure mistake.....

• Advertisement

Malachite were their usual selves. Big strong physical hard to take down but wwe'll able to break the line. Defence for tarf was unreal especially in our own 22. Big hits on both sides and one yellow card for malahides prop. A few handbags but all in all a tough physical game which the scoreline suggests.

The last ditch defense on our line at the end was excellent.

For the record I was in no way involved! :D

Unfortunately for me I was... Took a good knock to the nose not sure if it broke but will see I'm the morning if I wake up with black eyes..... Absolutely stellar defence from the whole squad though bodies on the line stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Yes the defence towards the end was excellent, really done well holding them up on the line. Solid pressure put on and a good few new fellas on the pitch at the time and done well to keep them out.

There were some good positives were tackling was very good. Also lineout done well. Also after shaky start the scrum was decent so good there. In terms of negatives work to be done there in defence more but basics are good.

We had over 30 players and new guys got some game time so big positive there. League not far away so any game time is good for newer lads.

Clontarf people - when is the club shop open?

Think this will work, fixtures attached.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Think this will work, fixtures attached.

Excellent, cheers. I'll link this to the OP.

Clontarf people - when is the club shop open?

You can get it opened whenever I think. I got socks on Friday at the last minute by just asking the barman. He opened up the shop for me then and there and got me sorted.

You can get it opened whenever I think. I got socks on Friday at the last minute by just asking the barman. He opened up the shop for me then and there and got me sorted.

Pint o' socks please Innkeep....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Correct, Paul (The bar manager with the moustach) will open the shop at pretty much any point.

Official opening times are Sunday morning from 10-12, match days when the firsts are playing and they also used to open before training from time to time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement