Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J4/J5 [Social Rugby] Season 2013/14

Options

Comments

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    How come you guys pulled out of the Tallaght match?

It's on the 7th of September as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

It's on the 7th of September as far as I know.

You're right, RCSI cancelled on us this week. Was misinformed, thought it was you.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    You're right, RCSI cancelled on us this week. Was misinformed, thought it was you.

RCSI cancelling already, that's not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

RCSI cancelling already, that's not good.

They're always at that. Hopefully they'll be up and running for the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ugh, think I did my knee in. :( I have an appointment with the physio on Friday... Knew I shouldn't have trained on it yesterday.

If I'm out for a week or two, will it really effect the rest of my season? i.e is it hard to make a team if you miss out on the preseason training?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

.ak wrote: »
    Ugh, think I did my knee in. :( I have an appointment with the physio on Friday... Knew I shouldn't have trained on it yesterday.

If I'm out for a week or two, will it really effect the rest of my season? i.e is it hard to make a team if you miss out on the preseason training?

No , plenty of lads will pick up knocks/ have work /be hungover over the season and you'll get a chance

No , plenty of lads will pick up knocks/ have work /be hungover over the season and you'll get a chance

Hate the idea of catch up tho. Fingers crossed it's not too serious...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

If you play on the J4 team you'll fit right in about 75% of the team by not going to training

cloneslad wrote: »
    If you play on the J4 team you'll fit right in about 75% of the team by not going to training

Ha! Thanks, that makes me feel somewhat better. :D

Ha! Thanks, that makes me feel somewhat better. :D

I won't be out at training until next Monday, at the earliest. I have blisters from running and I've another race this weekend, so I'll try make it out on Monday for some fitness work and to stretch my legs a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Steve Perchance

Nah, you'll be fine. Just remember that you need to do what the physio tells you, and dont rush it back - little knee niggles can turn into nasty knee injuries if you rush them. Particularly in heavy ground. Better to miss a few weeks than a whole season

cloneslad wrote: »
    I won't be out at training until next Monday, at the earliest. I have blisters from running and I've another race this weekend, so I'll try make it out on Monday for some fitness work and to stretch my legs a bit.

What kind of races are you doing? I take it your level of fitness would be pretty good already then? I was only catching up in terms of fitness and skills - that's what makes it addictive I think, on the first day I could barely position myself right, but now I'm dotting down tries and keeping up (relatively) with fitness. The idea of missing training makes me feel I'll un-do that work.

I suppose I could do a lot of bike work to keep fitness levels up if I can't put pressure on the joint.

Nah, you'll be fine. Just remember that you need to do what the physio tells you, and dont rush it back - little knee niggles can turn into nasty knee injuries if you rush them. Particularly in heavy ground. Better to miss a few weeks than a whole season

Yeah, I probably should've rested it a bit more. Amateur over-eagerness I guess. ;)

What kind of races are you doing? I take it your level of fitness would be pretty good already then? I was only catching up in terms of fitness and skills - that's what makes it addictive I think, on the first day I could barely position myself right, but now I'm dotting down tries and keeping up (relatively) with fitness. The idea of missing training makes me feel I'll un-do that work.

I suppose I could do a lot of bike work to keep fitness levels up if I can't put pressure on the joint.

I did the Frank Duffy 10 mile last weekend, I have the Warriors run in Sligo this weekend (It's 15k with a mountain thrown in for good measure - video of it here). I've then got the grant Thornton 5k on the 10th, then away at a wedding from the 11th to the 17th, and the race series half marathon on the 21st.

Don't worry about your fitness, or missing training, it doesn't seem to matter how far / fast I can run, I will still feel tired during your first game. The fitness required for running and the fitness required for rugby are two totally different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

gaius c wrote: »
    Are You Looking to play Rugby?????

St. Mary’s College RFC J4’s & J5’s are looking for New Players!

Training begins on the 12th August

All are welcome

For more details contact:

Mossy <SNIP> or Email stmarysj5@gmail.com

Nick (087 2236146)

Just thought I'd give this a bump. Training tomorrow at 7pm if anyone is interested. Training for the first few weeks is being held around the corner from Templeville(St. Marys home ground) in The White Fathers(Cypress Grove, Templeogue). Feel free to PM if anyone has any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Johnronson

Gents does anyone no when the j4 league tables and fixtures will be out? Also heard that there being reorganised and named ??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Johnronson wrote: »
    Gents does anyone no when the j4 league tables and fixtures will be out? Also heard that there being reorganised and named ??

Lots and lots of posts in this thread about the re-org, not sure when they're being officially announced and scheduled though.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

see below for layout - Fixtures - i know nothing
    This is the structure the blog in question reckons it'll look like.

Don't know how accurate it is.

NEW DIVISIONAL STRUCTURE 2013-14
    DIVISION | TEAMS | STATUS | DAY
    Division 1 | 1 St Marys College 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 1 | 2 Clontarf 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 1 |3 Old Belvedere 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 1 | 4 UCD 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 1 | 5 Lansdowne 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 1 | 6 Greystones 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 1 | 7 Dublin University 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 1 | 8 Terenure College 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 2 | 1 Old Wesley 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 2 | 2 Seapoint 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 2 | 3 Navan 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 2 | 4 Blackrock College 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 2 | 5 Boyne 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 2 | 6 Naas 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 2 | 7 NUIM Barnhall 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 2 | 8 Suttonians 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 3 | 1 Bective Rangers 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 3 | 2 Skerries 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 3 | 3 De La Salle Palmerston 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 3 | 4 Tullamore 2 | J1 | Sunday
    Division 3 | 5 St Marys College 3 | J2 | Saturday
    Division 3 | 6 Lansdowne 3 | J2 | Saturday
    Division 3 | 7 Stillorgan 1 | J2 | Saturday
    Division 3 | 8 Clontarf 3 | J2 | Saturday
    Division 4 | 1 Bective Rangers 3 | J2 | Saturday
    Division 4 | 2 Terenure College 3 | J3 | Sunday
    Division 4 | 3 Lansdowne 4 | J3 | Friday
    Division 4 | 4 Old Wesley 3 | J3 | Friday
    Division 4 | 5 Old Belvedere 3 | J3 | Friday
    Division 4 | 6 Blackrock College 3 | J3 | Sunday
    Division 4 | 7 Greystones 3 | J3 | Friday
    Division 4 | 8 UCD 3 | J3 | Friday
    Division 5 | 1 St Marys College 4 | J3 | Friday
    Division 5 | 2 NUIM Barnhall 3 | J3 | Sunday
    Division 5 | 3 De La Salle Palmerston 3 | J3 | Friday
    Division 5 | 4 Wanderers 3 | J3 | Friday/Sunday
    Division 5 | 5 Malahide 3 | J3 | Friday
    Division 5 | 6 Dublin University 3 | J3 | Sunday
    Division 5 | 7 Suttonians 3 | J3 | Friday
    Division 5 | 8 Monkstown 3 | J3 | Friday
    Division 6 | 1 Naas 3 | J3 | Friday
    Division 6 | 2 CYM 1 | J3 | Sunday
    Division 6 | 3 Terenure College 4 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 6 | 4 Clontarf 4 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 6 | 5 Wanderers 4 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 6 | 6 St Marys College 5 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 6 | 7 NUIM Barnhall 4 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 6 | 8 Blackrock College 4 | J4 | Saturday
    DIvision 7 | 1 Lansdowne 5 | J4 | Saturday
    DIvision 7 | 2 Guinness 2 | J4 | Saturday
    DIvision 7 | 3 AIB 1 | J4 | Saturday
    DIvision 7 | 4 Old Wesley 4 | J4 | Saturday
    DIvision 7 | 5 Stillorgan 2 | J4 | Saturday
    DIvision 7 | 6 Parkmore 1 | J4 | Saturday
    DIvision 7 | 7 Coolmine 3 | J4 | Saturday
    DIvision 7 | 8 Clondalkin 3 | J4 | Sunday
    Division 8 | 1 Newbridge 3 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 8 | 2 De La Salle Palmerston 4 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 8 | 3 Seapoint 3 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 8 | 4 Greystones 4 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 8 | 5 UCD 4 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 8 | 6 Terenure College 5 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 8 | 7 Dublin University 4 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 8 | 8 Tullamore 3 | J4 | Sunday
    Division 9 | 1 Bective Rangers 4 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 9 | 2 NUIM Barnhall 5 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 9 | 3 Millmount House 1 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 9 | 4 Malahide 4 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 9 | 5 Gorey 3 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 9 | 6 Swords 2 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 9 | 7 CYM 2 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 9 | 8 St Marys College 6 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 10 | 1 Unidare 1 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 10 | 2 RCSI 1 | J4 | Saturday
    Division 10 | 3 Bective Rangers 5 | J5 | Saturday
    Division 10 | 4 Terenure College 6 | J5 | Saturday
    Division 10 | 5 Railway Union 3 | J5 | Saturday
    Division 10 | 6 Monkstown 4 | J5 | Saturday
    Division 10 | 7 St Marys College 7 | J5 | Saturday
    Division 10 | 8 Emerald Warriors 1 | J5 | Saturday
    Division 11 | 1 Clontarf 5 | J5 | Saturday
    Division 11 | 2 Clondalkin 4 | J5 | Saturday
    Division 11 | 3 Tallaght 2 | J5 | Saturday
    Division 11 | 4 Stillorgan 3 | J5 | Saturday
    Division 11 | 5 De La Salle Palmerston 5 | J5 | Saturday
    Division 11 | 6 Normans 1 | J5 | Saturday

Blah. Out for the 4 weeks. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Divisional structure to be finalised early next week and fixtures to be out by the end of the week or at least that's the branch's plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,976 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Blah. Out for the 4 weeks. :(

What happened, man? :(

What happened, man? :(

Hamstring/knee issue I picked up training, have 3-4 weeks of physio sessions before I can run on it again. Hopefully sooner than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Onceawasp

Hi all,

Heading to Clontarf this evening with a friend (we’re bothcalled John). Looking at the possibility of joining J4/J5. Speaking for myselfI’m very unfit but love rugby, been living in the area nearly 5 years so kickingmyself I didn’t know about social rugby until my friend mentioned it to me lastweek. In terms of commitment it’ll be fairly inconsistent with work so I thinkthis will be the best option for me.

I’m 29 but and last time I picked up a ball competitivelywould have been when I was around 16/17 so it’ll be back to basics for me!

Looking forward to meeting more likeminded people.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Good stuff onceawasp, plenty of newcomers this year, some of whom have never picked up a ball, so you certainly shouldn't feel out of place.

We are the only ones who will be training down their tonight I think. Tip rugby warm up starts around 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Onceawasp

Great stuff, we aim to be there for 7pm. What's usually the format for training?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

shoutman wrote: »
    plenty of newcomers this year, some of whom have never picked up a ball

Phew, I won't feel like such a prat so.

Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

Onceawasp wrote: »
    Great stuff, we aim to be there for 7pm. What's usually the format for training?

Last year Monday was a bit like this:

Tip rugby, stretches, some sprints, fitness exercises, some handling drills, break up and practice moves for backs / forwards, maybe a game and some more fitness to finish it off.

Wednesday:

Tip, stretch, handling drills, tackling drills etc longer forward back work, then join together and go through the moves, perhaps a match

Monday seemed to be when we did most of the fitness work and Wednesday was geared towards matches.

I won't be out tonight, my legs are in bits from a run at the weekend, but I think I'll pop out on Wednesday for a browse.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Phew, I won't feel like such a prat so.

Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

You starting tonight dude? Good luck, enjoy it!

Tip - don't wear soft ground boots, the ground is still pretty hard from the summer and I think that's how I picked up my injury.

Hoping I'll be back before the 4 week mark... Inflammation has gone right down and I can walk on it no problem now... Also the less visits to the physio the better (for my wallet!)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

You starting tonight dude? Good luck, enjoy it!

Tip - don't wear soft ground boots, the ground is still pretty hard from the summer and I think that's how I picked up my injury.

Hoping I'll be back before the 4 week mark... Inflammation has gone right down and I can walk on it no problem now... Also the less visits to the physio the better (for my wallet!)

Yep starting tonight. Looking forward to it.

Decided to head into Elveries and have a chat with the guys in there re boots as I haven't a breeze. Yer man said the hard ground wouldn't be that big a deal for a couple of weeks.... :(

And to think he could have had an extra sale cos I was looking at runners/astro boots as well for that very reason.

• Advertisement

molloyjh wrote: »
    Yep starting tonight. Looking forward to it.

Decided to head into Elveries and have a chat with the guys in there re boots as I haven't a breeze. Yer man said the hard ground wouldn't be that big a deal for a couple of weeks.... :(

And to think he could have had an extra sale cos I was looking at runners/astro boots as well for that very reason.

Well the ground was softening up a bit... But bring your runners with you just incase.

I think contact training was starting last week anyway, so maybe studded boots would do the job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement