Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J4/J5 [Social Rugby] Season 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Only one Tallaght team? They had two or I think even three a few seasons back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Only one Tallaght team? They had two or I think even three a few seasons back

We struggled to maintain both teams last year so we are just fielding the one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »
    You sure it's Donnybrook? Got a text saying it's home?

Confirmed as Clontarf at 3. Will try and make it down, even though it scuppers my Craft Beer plans....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Div 6! :D Infact, Div 6 looks quite tough.... Here's to hoping I only make the Clontarf J5 team. :P

I'm in Div 6 too. What position do you play so I know who to flatten shake hands with after the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Teferi wrote: »
    I'm in Div 6 too. What position do you play so I know who to flatten shake hands with after the match?

Ha! I'll probably end up in div11 tbh ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Ha! I'll probably end up in div11 tbh ;)

If they are short :pac:;):p

If they are short :pac:;):p

If the reserve's reserves are sick! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    We struggled to maintain both teams last year so we are just fielding the one this year.

That's a pity, Tallaght seemed to be growing strongly over the last number of years, was hoping you's would kick on with getting your own ground.

stephen_n wrote: »
    That's a pity, Tallaght seemed to be growing strongly over the last number of years, was hoping you's would kick on with getting your own ground.

We are in the process of building a club house, so we certainly are moving up in the world. This year, fielding one competitive team is far preferable to having two struggling. We have very high hopes

We are in the process of building a club house, so we certainly are moving up in the world. This year, fielding one competitive team is far preferable to having two struggling. We have very high hopes

In the long term hopefully the youths will bring the club forward, a lot of schools playing rugby now in Tallaght, so the long term should be bright once you's have the clubhouse and pitch done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Scobius90

shoutman wrote: »
    Think this should be turned from J4/J5 thread into the clontarf thread (by the way there is a clontarf social rugby profile/page on facebook somewhere) :p

Tee hee hee

BTW for all the new Tarf guys complaining about pain and aches, its simply DOMS :eek:. Keep at it and this aspect will dissipate over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Scobius90 wrote: »
    Tee hee hee

BTW for all the new Tarf guys complaining about pain and aches, its simply because they are puffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Suckfisher

Thats a real shame in such a big catchment area even if its not a rugby hot spot.
    The great thing about having two teams is everyone gets game time no matter what there ability.
    Now your second team is going to ship lots of hidings but lads who maybe not god enough for j4 or are beginners can learn and play.
    With an underage set up i think its poor not been able to have two teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Where abouts are you building the club house? Well done and best of luck.

How'd the clontarf bectiv friendly go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

How'd the clontarf bectiv friendly go?

Clontarf won 50-0 in fairness though we had 34 players at our disposal 12 debutants got a run out also. Was a good game bective only had a skeleton crew and got an injury during the game.

Winters wrote: »
    Where abouts are you building the club house? Well done and best of luck.

Up in kiltipper I believe.

We won our first game today 7-3 against Unidare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

So is there a J6 league now??

How are Stillorgan doing for numbers? Still have enough numbers to field 3 competitive teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

GiftofGab wrote: »
    So is there a J6 league now??

How are Stillorgan doing for numbers? Still have enough numbers to field 3 competitive teams?
    All junior grades from J1 to J6 are now interlinked in divisions of 8 teams. J6 will be the bottom divisions.
    Post 205 has the divisions and who is in each division
    Stillorgan fielding 3 teams afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Zuffer

Any rumors of a fixture list or first round of matches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Zuffer wrote: »
    Any rumors of a fixture list or first round of matches?

I heard somewhere that fixture list is out this week and first round of matches are the weekend of the 28th of September.

Still sore after the first match at the weekend. Training again tonight and not feeling it at all at the minute.

shoutman wrote: »
    I heard somewhere that fixture list is out this week and first round of matches are the weekend of the 28th of September.

Still sore after the first match at the weekend. Training again tonight and not feeling it at all at the minute.

Getting over the first match is always a bitch no matter how fit/unfit you are that first game always hurts, not looking forward to that feeling at all.

Was hoping to be back training tomorrow and hopefully get a preseason game in but physio wants me to leave it another week. Boo-urns! :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Got a muscle spasm in my back in the first contact session a couple of weeks back. Only got it seen to by a physio yesterday. One shoulder was resting ~2 inches higher than the other, so have to spend about another week stretching the damn thing out again.

Go to training anyway, .ak. There'll always be something to be learned even just watching. Also, it's FAR too easy to get out of the swing of things and just not go to training once the injury's cleared up.

dregin wrote: »
    Got a muscle spasm in my back in the first contact session a couple of weeks back. Only got it seen to by a physio yesterday. One shoulder was resting ~2 inches higher than the other, so have to spend about another week stretching the damn thing out again.

Go to training anyway, .ak. There'll always be something to be learned even just watching. Also, it's FAR too easy to get out of the swing of things and just not go to training once the injury's cleared up.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Although personally I'm dying to get back training, as I really enjoyed it. So don't think I'll be out of the swing of things yet!

Problem is the physio has me doing a lot of work every evening, 2 hours a day, so wouldn't really get the time to do both.

How'd the shoulder end up like that?? Over compensating or something?

Hopefully back next Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kilkennym

so any idea when the fixture list will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Although personally I'm dying to get back training, as I really enjoyed it. So don't think I'll be out of the swing of things yet!

Problem is the physio has me doing a lot of work every evening, 2 hours a day, so wouldn't really get the time to do both.

How'd the shoulder end up like that?? Over compensating or something?

Hopefully back next Wednesday!

Home friendly this Friday .ak so should drop in and have a look at the team playing if you get a chance.

chris85 wrote: »
    Home friendly this Friday .ak so should drop in and have a look at the team playing if you get a chance.

Yeah gonna try and make that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Yeah gonna try and make that.

any ideas if its home or away yet lads?

• Advertisement

any ideas if its home or away yet lads?

Home, 7.30 ko.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement