Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

I reckon it would be more than €20. They would have to buy some type of clips to hold the copper pipe down. Did they replace the rubber pipe that connects to the caliper? Maybe they replaced it with solid lines.
    Hi thanks. Yeah they replaced that on both sides would that make a difference??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Herself's car got a bit of tlc today.
    New coil by me, new leads by her.

Off with the k&n and I left her at the throttle body with wynns, a toothbrush and some microfiber. I had thought the throttle would open if I sat with foot on pedal and key turned to acc but I'm told it didn't move much. Resorted to turning it on and revving while she sprayed more intake cleaner in. Neighbours delighted I'd say.

Removed battery cable to force idle relearn. Cleared airbag light again. Shot of redex and an Italian tune up.

Pulling much better now, the leads at least needed doing and it seems corrosion on the coil is common. Didn't look bad in this case, cleanable but apparently you may as well change it.

Must say, 14 years after their first release those R50 mini coopers are still a very good drive. Anyone who wouldn't drive one "cos they're girly" is missing out on the fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Well yesterday and today detailing included washing, detaring, claying, compounding, Polish then wax and seal..

20150208_165607.jpg
    20150208_164104.jpg
    20150208_165549.jpg

Autostart stuff is the business. .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Did you say somewhere you're trading that pasaat for a 151?

Did you say somewhere you're trading that pasaat for a 151?

Yes well selling that private was going to keep it and sell the Avensis but I spent a lot on that recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

My ould Avensis is looking well :)

What sort of mental cable tie setup is that on the wheels?

(Passat is nice too)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

colm_mcm wrote: »

That's the first thing that caught my eye :D

Sort your sh!t out Mal :P

colm_mcm wrote: »
    My ould Avensis is looking well :)

(Passat is nice too)
    That's the first thing that caught my eye :D

Sort your sh!t out Mal :P

I only had those huge cable ties at home but I got normal ones after the trims really brighten it up much better than Colms Aldi ones!!!

I must take a few interior shots of the passat as the Autosmart leather cleaner did a savage job on the seats plus a beautiful smell..

Truckermal wrote: »
    Yes well selling that private was going to keep it and sell the Avensis but I spent a lot on that recently.

Must have been an awful lot to tip the scales to keeping it if you had planned to get rid.

Augeo wrote: »
    Must have been an awful lot to tip the scales to keeping it if you had planned to get rid.

It was 600 quid actually exactly what the car cost me 3 years ago.

• Advertisement

.......... I would be tempted to stick to the original plan and sell it so. Makes little sense to have such a change of heart over 600.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Washed it for the first time this year. :D

5UPg0hX.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

The black strip along the bottom is dirtier in the "after" pic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

The black strip along the bottom is dirtier in the "after" pic :pac:

Ha, yeah, didn't notice that at first. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

A bit of shoe polish be grand.

Hal1 wrote: »
    A bit of shoe polish be grand.

The recession is over. Gtechniq C4.....be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Full service, and timing belt change on the landcruiser. Toyota made the timing belt a very simple job on these. Had been having a fuel delivery/throttle issue for a few days. Couldn't find the cause. Eventually took off the intercooler and found this fellow had sheared off - the white hose pipe connector.

IMAG0578_zps4kq6edao.jpg

Part of a throttle sensor unit, appears to work on vacuum pressure. It obviously had no vacuum anymore. All is back to normal for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Some pre CVRT fettling and servicing for my trusty Navara.

Oil and filter change, fuel filter change.

IMG_20150211_192453.jpg

New brake shoes

20150202_165641.jpg

Stuck a new tail light in the weekend after someone so delightfully broke it in a car park and drove off without saying anything.

Capture.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

No pics from today but..

Did an oil & filter change on the paj

Adjusted the turbo actuator to increase the boost by a couple of psi, not sure how much until I get a guage.

Nice little difference, couldn't say if there's any more power but the turbo comes on earlier, less abruptly & doesn't run out of puff as quickly.

Going to mess with the fuel pump tomorrow, to see if I can squeeze out a little more power and a little more soot :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

20150213_095703.jpg

A bulb change on the other halves Grand Espace

Only the French would think this is the best way to change a dipped headlight bulb. It seams that unless you have the hands of a 10 year old girl you need to pop out the whole until the change a bulb. Granted it only takes ten minutes from start to finish it seams overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Out of curiosity does this sound normal to y'all or something needs replacing?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

nd wrote: »
    Out of curiosity does this sound normal to y'all or something needs replacing?

Doesn't sound normal. I reckon the bearings went on the tripod inner cv joint.

http://www.cvjoint.org/tripod-joint/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Sounds like a worn bearing or something loose. Does it make any such noise on the road. I had a worn inner bearing on my cv recently. They were nearly ground into metal filings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

"Will they fit", attempt #1.

338874.jpg

338875.jpg

As seen on picture no.2, there's no legroom left, so a lot of elbow grease must be used to squeeze them in. ;)

I'm gonna cut them a bit too. :)

It'll be the only corolla in Ireland with leather seats! :D

Hal1 wrote: »
    Sounds like a worn bearing or something loose. Does it make any such noise on the road. I had a worn inner bearing on my cv recently. They were nearly ground into metal filings.

I've had a rattle at the front for ages that I havn't been able to figure out.

But after checking it again this morning the noise in the video is only the brake discs. They are "loose" when the wheel is off. After putting a wheelnut on to hold the disc tight the noise is gone :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

Just changed the anti roll bar bushes on the old A3 , No more knocking noises and rolling about in turns , feels great .

thanks to Tadgh Dalton for advising I could do it myself .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

Patww79 wrote: »

not sure what ones you mean ?

Advertisement