Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assetto corsa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Only got to do a few quick laps with each car last night at about half ten, tried out the challenges. That GT3 RS really lives up to the hype.

The 919 does everything quickly, the front end has a shocking amount of grip and speed.

You can feel the difference in the Porsches though. I was expecting the heavy rear end to give the car unwanted oversteer but you can really use the weight to your advantage. The back end just wants to push the car out of the corner in a way that's different to other cars.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Havent bought the pack yet but it seems according to forums and videos Kunos done a great job of creating the hybrid system of the 919.
    Some of the other cars look fun too.

Grim. wrote: »
    the way the 919 accelerates is incredible, cant wait to give it another go

Jimmy likes it too :)

962 looks like a hell of a ride.

Ya the race cars are insane. I'd rate the second pack better than the first but I really haven't had much time with either.

• Advertisement

Havent got round to buying any of the porsche packs yet but will definitely the 2nd one, more appealing machines in there than the others for me.
    Just been putting all my gaming time into other games but late lastnight I booted up AC and took the Sauber C9 out for a spin as its now on the new tyre model and wow what a great car from a great era in motorsport.
    I also updated the fonsecker sound mod [always find kunos sounds to be poor] and the C9 sounds great.
    Before I knew it an hour had passed and it was 1am,time flies when your man handling a C9 around Monza :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

PS4 update available for download now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Was thinking about getting this on the Xbox One (have Dirt Rally and Dcully's personal favourite, Project Cars :pac:) but the Inside Sim Racing review put me off a little with the lack of settings compared to PC. Not sure if that's something they've addressed since launch? Being able to remap buttons, hide the steering wheel, move you seat forward/backward etc?

Had a look on Steam that the game is on sale for €20.99 or €34.99 including the 3 Dream Packs - are they worth the extra do folk think?

Automobilista half price at €18.49 - worth it?

Have a new wheel setup incoming so want get some decent games sorted for it.

Both bargains,buy both imo.
    If you get AMS bookmark this, totally transforms the look of the game..

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sell-me-automobilista.126611/page-4#post-2320081

Cheers saved that link. Decided to go for both with their DLC. Watched a video of AMS showing 'Formula Classic Test Drive - Round 3 at Cordoba' - that sold it to me. :)

• Advertisement

Race department have a and endless stream of videos in their racetube section.

Quick tip aswell as setting your graphics in the control panel for AMS, check out the forums on RD for each sim to get recommended wheel setup.

Also both sims official forums have similar threads and guides.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php

http://forum.reizastudios.com/

Bought the Porsche pack 2, favourite car is probably the 962 short tail, by far the best sounding car kunos have done so far imo.
    The car itself is a blast to drive,i love that era of morotsport.
    Ran a 25 lap race at Silverstone historic with a field of 962 long and short tail and the Sauber Mercedes C9 with 100% AI,great stuff.
    I plan to add the Mazda 787B [mod] to this field next time out, again what a fantastic machine.

Quite like the Porsche 911 GT3 RS too and ofcourse the Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 ,what an a amazing piece of kit.
    Ive always felt LMP cars were at the forefront of technology and this car is a classic example,that acceleration at max horsepower is just insane and the ability to corner is a shock to the system :)
    Only problem with it is like the real thing your view is very restricted in the cockpit.

Overall great content for the sim,well worth the asking price.

Dcully wrote: »
    Only problem with it is like the real thing your view is very restricted in the cockpit.
    It's the one sim car that is ideal for people with a single screen.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/custom-lobby-features-suggestions.40985/

If anyone could chime in on that thread to show some support I would be very grateful.
    Kunos are finally giving us Custom Lobbies for the consoles, we just want to be sure that we get what we need first time out.
    Thanks lads.

Porsche Pack 3 just released on Steam for €6.99, link.
    Or the Porsche Season Pass is €15.09, saving of a fiver or so, link.

Haven't got any of them yet myself but will keep an eye out in case they appear during the Christmas Sale.

@Titzon - will have a read of that link later this evening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

If anyone could chime in on that thread to show some support I would be very grateful. Kunos are finally giving us Custom Lobbies for the consoles, we just want to be sure that we get what we need first time out. Thanks lads.

I stuck a post up there, hopefully the tread will gain some traction. Be great to have private/custom lobbies with at least the same amount of customisation/options as pcars,if not more.

I stuck a post up there, hopefully the tread will gain some traction. Be great to have private/custom lobbies with at least the same amount of customisation/options as pcars,if not more.

Absolutely, they seem to pride themselves on listening to their community anyway, so we should be good to go.
    Now if we can just get Monk to get his damn ChronusMax working we'll be off and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

40% off AC and dream packs in the steam sale.

eyerer wrote: »
    40% off AC and dream packs in the steam sale.

You beat me to it :)

The season pass is currently €14:99 on PSN lads. Fill your boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I've read a lot of this thread but haven't bought the game yet.. I was saving it till I get a steering wheel but I've put that on the back burner.
    What's the game like with a pad?
    Does the PC version make use of the impulse triggers on the XB1 pad?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

eyerer wrote: »
    I've read a lot of this thread but haven't bought the game yet.. I was saving it till I get a steering wheel but I've put that on the back burner.
    What's the game like with a pad?
    Does the PC version make use of the impulse triggers on the XB1 pad?

Honestly, it's fantastic sim and a lot of fun, but I would not bother with it if you don't have a wheel.
    There is not much of career or actual game aspect to be playing it, if you know what I mean.
    It's more of a proper sim to use wheel and try to shave seconds of lap times, while doing it for hours. It won't be fun with controller.

Not normally into modern GT cars and their electronics but the porsche GT3 in the third porsche DLC pack is a joy to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭willciviceg5

Does anybody have any good settings for the G29 on ps4 for this, I find it is poor on the g29 compared to the g25.

Does anybody have any good settings for the G29 on ps4 for this, I find it is poor on the g29 compared to the g25.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/post-your-wheel-force-feedback-settings-for-console.35760/

You might find a decent setup in there man.
    I've read posts from a few people with G29s complaining about a lightness around the centre.
    There's talk of introducing a minimum force setting in the ffb to combat this.

I recall when my G25 died and i was researching a new wheel the G29 seemed to pop up on the radar for issues on PC.
    Dont ask me what exactly but i went with G27 instead.

My next wheel will be a T300 maybe.

I'd assume that after a few years on the market they've updated the product to correct any problems that were around in the early days so check up to date reviews.

Assetto Corsa does have a minimum force slider in settings. At least it does in the PC version so even if it's not there now my guess is that it could be brought in if the developers know it's needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Dcully wrote: »
    I recall when my G25 died and i was researching a new wheel the G29 seemed to pop up on the radar for issues on PC.
    Dont ask me what exactly but i went with G27 instead.

My next wheel will be a T300 maybe.

It was essentially the new profiler for the G29 was in beta and missing features that the G27 profiler had! Was a bit of a joke but they updated it a lot since then.

The G29 feels as good as the G27 on Assetto on the PC, just not as good on the PS4 atm.

• Advertisement

Apparently Kunos simulation has been sold to digital bros, the parent company of 505 who distributed AC on consoles.

It was in the Italian press, there's no real confirmation from Marco or Stefano but apparently they're going to stay on at the company.

Advertisement