Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assetto corsa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Good news for us Console owners.

398548.PNG

The base game is only £22.99 from er... base (.com) at the moment, tempted to pull the trigger but Im going to see how much the season pass and DLC's are tomorrow.

Already have it on my ancient PC but the console version would mean being able to play it downstairs on a 55" 4K TV, which has very impressive 1080p upscaling.

Going to get the GT Omega Wheel Stand also for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Doge wrote:
    The base game is only £22.99 from er... base (.com) at the moment, tempted to pull the trigger but Im going to see how much the season pass and DLC's are tomorrow.

Doge wrote:
    Already have it on my ancient PC but the console version would mean being able to play it downstairs on a 55" 4K TV, which has very impressive 1080p upscaling.

Doge wrote:
    Going to get the GT Omega Wheel Stand also for it.

Definitely worth it for £23. Especially since the last patch which eliminated the screen tearing and improved frame rate. I think the season pass is €29. Includes the Japanese pack, red pack and all the porches that will come later in the year.
    I got the season pass which seems to have given me the prestige pack for free today. Looking forward to the Japanese pack tomorrow.
    55" TV pulled right in front of an omega wheelstand pro sounds delicious 😊

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Upgrade your PC and grab a 144hz monitor, it will blow your mind, far better than anything 4k imo.

Dcully wrote: »
    Upgrade your PC and grab a 144hz monitor, it will blow your mind, far better than anything 4k imo.

I will... In about 2 years id say when VR should be ironed out by then! :P

Its just the sheer size of a 55" screen is what im looking forward to!

This video of an online championship by viperconcept is thorougly enjoyable to watch.

Nicely edited too so you can see all the battles going on between racers and different view angles of crashes...

And since its looney o'clock I may as well order the PS4 version!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Patch 1.9 will be coming out around the same time as the Porches DLC. It promises a big sound update, which has been a bugbear for a lot of people. AC does have a problem in that all sound sort of blends together to the point you can't really make out any individual sounds. IE: You're overtaking a car and the two engine sounds blend together so you can't really hear your own engine anymore.

The new update will make all the individual sounds easier to distinguish. It may cause some problems with mod sounds.

Still no release date but supposedly happening before the end of the month.

Preview video of the sounds done nothing for me, its always been the Achilles heel of AC, compared to AMS and R3E in particular.
    I use the fonsecker sound mod and its way better than what I hear in the preview vid.

I can't really tell the difference from that video either, but it should be different once you're in control of the sounds.

They have said though that the sound files themselves haven't changed, it's just the way the sound is delivered.

First Porsche DLC out Oct. 25th. It will cost €6.99 and be one of 3 Porsche DLC. They're doing a season pass for all 3 DLC for €15.

Release date for consoles has yet to be confirmed because they have to wait for Sony/Microsoft to approve the build.

Patch 1.9 will also come with historic Silverstone and the Porsche Panamera G2.

DLC trailer for the 918.

Aristotelis
    "Probably the most technologically packed car inside Assetto Corsa. The Porsche 918 spyder has it all. Active aero, brake steering, active differential at the rear, hybrid ERS system with different modes. 2 (two!) electric engines, completely independent front and rear, active antiroll bars (!), active rear wheel steering (!!), active All Wheel Drive with electric motor at the front and active torque vectoring...

All of that stuff has to comunicate with each other and try to be as transparent to the driver as possible. Not an easy task. Does it succeed? Not sure, you'll be the final judge. But it does succeed on being an amazing driving experience, a totally different level from everything else.

When you have 900hp, even on hypercar class sticky street tyres, traction is your main issue. While all the other hypercars struggle to find traction on anything less than slicks, the 918 simply digs into the asphalt and manages amazing exit speeds with the pedal to the metal. I wouldn't call it an easy car to push close to the limits. Very stable, amazing traction, especially with the street tyres. It might seem a bit heavy, not easy to stop or even a bit understeery on occasion. But trust it, be smooth but decisive, don't be aggressive mid corner, let it "take a set" and then push through the exit, and you'll be rewarded with some unbelievable laptimes and brand new sensation of traction and acceleration. "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I dusted off my rig and spent a few hours playing this last night, it was spectacular.
    I just hope Kunos can get custom lobbies and online leader boards sorted out asap.

The game really suffers from the lack of these and other features like telemetry, calibration and button mapping.

I know DLC helps fill their coffers but they need to prioritise these things before the game completely dies on consoles before it's had time to shine.

Been playing it on PS4 also the last few days and noticed after a collision it can get a bit juddery for a few seconds. Its smooth outside of that though.

My PC installation wouldn't load races today so I didn't get to compare but I think the centering spring is active in the PS4 version?

Will try and verify tomorrow. My psn account should be unbanned hopefully Monday when I bring them so I'll be hounding you guys for races! ;)

Bloody thing was hacked and went through a big ordeal the last month but the damage has been refunded now.

So i got the GT Omega Racing Wheel Stand the other day and I'm absolutely loving it, bought it via amazon as postage was much cheaper even though it's still sent via UPS by GT Omega in Glasgow

It makes quite a big difference over clamping my G29 to my desk, the wheel position is now higher and feels more like the position you have in a real car,and best of all it won't loosen and come away in your hands! Same goes for the shifter.

4QNsLRP.jpg

I went for the V2 shifter mount as it's neater, had to request that one via a message on Amazon after predordering.

Another advantage is that previously I found my desk chair would push back during racing, that doesn't happen now thanks to the new posture I use and maybe the sloped angle the pedals rest on.

Something about the frame and metal base makes you feel like you're in a car.

I was able to position the monitor so that the wheel fits perfectly over the rev counter and Speedo:

z0ilnfI.jpg

Simply by using the pull out keyboard tray for my desk and placing it on top of the cardboard box with accessories for other wheels that came with the wheelstand! :pac:

x3ll4eb.jpg

Glad I can make use of those instead of throwing them in a corner and forgetting about them!

God lord, multiplayer is fairly broken on AC. Most of the assists are locked to on, you can't switch off traction control and auto clutch is locked to off. Am I really expected to use a clutch pedal with paddle shifters on a modern race car?!
    Also, if you're late joining you get stung with whatever car is left unpicked. Strange that. I suppose it stops everyone from picking the fastest car in class but still.
    I jumped into a GT3 lobby round Spa last night just in time to miss the qualifying, I started in 16th place and duly followed the pack down to corner one, I'm nearly sure 14 overtakes in one corner is a new record for me! It was absolute carnage but it was hilarious, I saved the replay using the record feature but unfortunately I fell off the track a lap later and destroyed my car.

The track day round the Nurburgring is good craic though, people wait for others to leave the car park and then race beside them.

The ffb and physics are sexual, there's no other word for them.

God lord, multiplayer is fairly broken on AC. Most of the assists are locked to on, you can't switch off traction control and auto clutch is locked to off. Am I really expected to use a clutch pedal with paddle shifters on a modern race car?!
    I don't know how it works on console but all those are server settings that the admin sets. Sounds like it's just been set up wrong.

The car thing works the same on PC. there's a set amount of each car and it's first come first served. I think it has something to do with the way AC loads cars, it needs to know up front what cars it's using, it can't pick other cars on the fly once the track is loaded.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I don't know how it works on console but all those are server settings that the admin sets. Sounds like it's just been set up wrong.

The car thing works the same on PC. there's a set amount of each car and it's first come first served. I think it has something to do with the way AC loads cars, it needs to know up front what cars it's using, it can't pick other cars on the fly once the track is loaded.

It's a fixed hopper system they're using with fixed class, track and assists.
    After the race is over it just starts again, nothing changes. It's fairly crap as it goes, but it'll have to do for now I suppose.

Maybe check out over on race department if they are running console clubs for AC.
    They are for all the major PC sims and have passworded servers for club members with voted for settings.
    Servers are locked to club members to have a clean racing environment, if you wish you can also join a league with them.
    I wouldn't touch public servers with a barge pole.

Maybe check out over on race department if they are running console clubs for AC.
    They are for all the major PC sims and have passworded servers for club members with voted for settings.
    Servers are locked to club members to have a clean racing environment, if you wish you can also join a league with them.
    I wouldn't touch public servers with a barge pole.

There are no servers like that for consoles man, none! We're stuck with the locked down public hoppers, it's horrible.
    Have a read of the console section on the Kunos forums, but put your flameproof suit on first.

We're crying out for custom lobbies and they say that they're looking into it, but it might be too late by the time they finally implement them.

Silly move from kunos, ill be honest I just assumed it was released with proper custom lobbies.

Without trying to sound like a dick, you would build a decent PC and buy a monitor for €500 - €600 that would give you years of pc gaming,it really is where simracing was born and lives on.

I hope for guys like you on console who want the sim experience that it gets addresed rapidly.

Yeah, the big problem with bringing sims to consoles is they will quickly highlight the fact you really need a PC.

They seem to be working on it based on a post that Marco put up yesterday, maybe something included in the next patch.

More porsche trailers.

• Advertisement

Silly move from kunos, ill be honest I just assumed it was released with proper custom lobbies.

Without trying to sound like a dick, you would build a decent PC and buy a monitor for €500 - €600 that would give you years of pc gaming,it really is where simracing was born and lives on.

I hope for guys like you on console who want the sim experience that it gets addresed rapidly.

I'm looking into building a pc alright, a good friend of mine is great at that sort of thing.
    The only problem is that I have dozens of friends on console that I play different games with already.
    I suppose if I got a pc I could just use it for racing.

I'm not sure what Kunos or 505 were thinking when they released AC on console in the state it's in, they caught some amount of flak over the framerate and screen tearing but that's mostly fixed now.
    The missing features are a different story though, fundamental things like leaderboards, telemetry and custom lobbies are very strange things to have left out.

I have faith in them adding them after they've finished hawking their DLC packs on us.

Yeah, the big problem with bringing sims to consoles is they will quickly highlight the fact you really need a PC.

They seem to be working on it based on a post that Marco put up yesterday, maybe something included in the next patch.

More porsche trailers.

Not necessarily, as it stands AC is fantastic to use from a ffb and physics point of view.
    Obviously the hardware is beyond outdated in comparison to a modern PC but it can still do a job, sort of.
    The graphics will never be as good as on a PC and there's no mods to play with either.

I like the plug and play simplicity of a console though, and the social aspect of it too.

Not necessarily, as it stands AC is fantastic to use from a ffb and physics point of view.
    Obviously the hardware is beyond outdated in comparison to a modern PC but it can still do a job, sort of.
    The graphics will never be as good as on a PC and there's no mods to play with either.

I like the plug and play simplicity of a console though, and the social aspect of it too.

Yeah I agree with you, Kunos need to pull the finger out. I guess its their first time developing for console though so maybe thats why things are slowly taking shape.

The interface for setting up a server on the PC is god damn awful, so maybe thats the reason you cant do it on consoles, if they cant get it right on PC then consoles are ****ed!

It's a bit of a dead end in that you don't have the range of gear available on PC. If you go down the sim racing rabbit hole you can end up buying all sorts of stuff for your sim racing on PC. On console there's only a small handful of options.

It's a bit of a dead end in that you don't have the range of gear available on PC. If you go down the sim racing rabbit hole you can end up buying all sorts of stuff for your sim racing on PC. On console there's only a small handful of options.

Rig wise I've gone as far as I need to go really, I'm not planning on buying a motion rig anytime soon.
    Where we're really lacking on colsole though is games, there's only Dirt and AC. I'm not including PCars because it's been rendered obsolete now that we have AC.

I'm planning on building a PC soon enough, I'll be putting it through as a business expense too, take that Mr taxman!

Good news.

Rig wise I've gone as far as I need to go really, I'm not planning on buying a motion rig anytime soon.
    What about a direct drive wheel? Or a handbrake? I know these are things I'll probably never buy myself but it's nice to have the option. :pac:

What about a direct drive wheel? Or a handbrake? I know these are things I'll probably never buy myself but it's nice to have the option. :pac:

My T500 is still mostly brand new and I've no interest in a handbrake.
    With AC getting a big update in early November and custom lobbies following that, I'm good to go for a while yet.
    When the time is right I'll get my pal build me a hotrod pc. My racing gear should still be grand by the time that comes.

Porsche pack 2 is coming out the end of this month. I've barely had time to test the last one out, just never seem to be able to find the time. This one looks good though, looking forward to trying out these Le Mans monsters.

assetto-corsa-porsche-v2-5-jpg.160120

assetto-corsa-porsche-v2-jpg.160122

assetto-corsa-porsche-v2-6-jpg.160121

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

the way the 919 accelerates is incredible, cant wait to give it another go

Advertisement