Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assetto corsa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Domo1982 wrote: »
    Its currently 35 in Argos which is great value.

Showing as 39.50 for me?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Showing as 39.50 for me?

Must have changed man...picked it up n Limerick in Cork on Sunday lower than that.Decent value at either to be honest. Store had it for 49 on the weekend.

http://www.console.assettocorsa.net/community-blog-010916.php

PD and Turn10 could learn a lot from Kunos when it comes to things like this.

I can't wait to see what Kunos do in the near future.

Finally got it, and on a weekend with two kids birthday party's to organize.
    I'm gonna squeeze in a few hours tonight though, I have to!

• Advertisement

Finally got it, and on a weekend with two kids birthday party's to organize.
    I'm gonna squeeze in a few hours tonight though, I have to!

Well, I tried out a heap of different car and track combos last night and the ffb and physics are absolutely amazing.

Unfortunately though, the frame rate and screen tearing are atrocious, even though I was just hotlapping on my own. I dread to think what it would be like with a grid full of ai thrown into the mix too.

Hopefully with a couple of patches Kunos can sort it out asap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Was curious myself so got my son to borrow from his friend for xb1 so I could have a look and OMFG it is shocking.
    Maybe I'm a pc snob running the game buttery smooth on a 144hz gsync screen but dear lord the difference was huge.
    Screen tearing and big fps drops.

I have it running on my main gaming pc but also on my sons 6 year old pc via my steam account and even there the difference is massive, running on his 60hz screen and old hardware.

It's very bad alright, the official forums are a warzone since release date.
    I don't really feel like playing AC again until it's been patched.

Im not sure a patch will address the visual issues,maybe they can improve performance I'm not sure.
    The problem is Kunos did not want to compromise the physcis engine and wanted to stick to what they are all about which is delivering a high end sim engine to the sim community.
    These so called next gen consoles simply do not have the horsepower to deliver such an advanced physics engine while keeping the graphics to a good standard.
    I always had my reservations of a full on sim coming to console and keeping visuals and framerate high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's always the same way, develop product, prototype works great, testy production prototype to death, looks solid, release to general public. they find an obvious flaw that just didn't show up before.

I am surprised there's been such issues. I would have thought with fixed architecture in the consoles that if it worked on one playstation it would work for all, but that doesn't seem to be the case, I don't think these issues are universal. A lot of talk on the support forum seems to be talking about other things.

I never really expected the consoles to match up to the PC. I was surprised it looked so good in youtube videos to be honest. Physics was always going to be ACs trump card on consoles. So the sacrifices had to be made elsewhere. Hopefully frame rate issues and tearing are minor bugs that can be ironed out. It must be frustrating for console racers to be this close to a proper sim and have intermittent bugs ruin the experience. I'm getting hangs myself at the moment where the screen pauses for a second but the game is still running and the game continues again once I'm in the wall. I'm reinstalling which can fix things like that after patches and content comes out.

The only thing I can say to console users is give Kunos a chance, they do love this game and work hard to fix issues that come up. They're a small team that love what they will bend over backways to try and fix the console version.

I just got the latest DLC, that Praga is some beast. Only got the chance to try out most of the new content, but did a race weekend with the praga at spa. The AI aren't able to drive it though. I had them on alien and I was a second and a half faster than them, I wasn't even setting blistering lap times, I think 2:29.4 was my best laptime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

There were some pretty bad frame rate issues on PC when it was first released. Took them a couple of months to sort. I had to reduce some stuff from max and reduce the opponents. It eventually got fixed and it flies now.

There were issues with FFB too with the G25 which got fixed too.

Is it accross the board on consoles or certain platforms?

Good news on the horizon.
    I like this guy's style, he seems very honest.

That didn't take long!

Just about to post the same.

A short preview on [some of] the things you will find in next update for Assetto Corsa on PS4 and XB1. Tearing issues have been solved, and the graphics is much more smooth in any situation. The smoothness also gives a better perception of visuals, and allows to feel a better car handling. Definetely a great step ahead, that will allow you to enjoy AC much more. The new build will feature 2 additional difficult levels, very easy and alien, and btw, all the AI levels have been balanced, that means that also the existing AI levels have been improved. Controllers: the issues with Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH shifters have been fixed; gamepad speed sensitivity and steering gamma now work much better (we can't wait to receive your feedback), and a "reset to default" command has been added (where default means recommended). When you launch the game, now it recognizes and consider as default the device you use when you press X/A to start it (as it was designed, and it didn't work due to a bug of the very last minute..). This is the JUST the FIRST pass of improvements for the controller section, but not the LAST. We are already working to include new configurations and options for all the controllers and, BTW, thank you for your kind suggestions. Visual steering wheel rotation: as you might know, Assetto Corsa performs a full rotation of the steering wheel, depending by the car you choose, that actually helps to understand if you are steering too much, since the visual rotation matches the physical one. Said that, we recognize that gamepad users are not used to this kind of approach, and actually it can be weird by an aesthetical point of view. We added the option to lock the visual steering wheel, that will be setted by default at 360 degrees, and it works from 240 to 1080 degrees, so it can please any kind of user. Most important, we allow you to make your favorite choice.

As said before, this is just a quick update of SOME OF the things you will find in the next build. As you might know (but much probably not), the workflow needed to update a game on console is hugely different than on Steam with the PC version: is much more complex, slow and less dynamic. Also, it's something that - as developers - we are experimenting on console for the first time, since Assetto Corsa is our first porting, and believe me, Assetto Corsa is a very complex software. This is not meant to be a justification, but just a simple fact. Therefore I thank you in advance for your patience and passion, but you can be sure that Assetto Corsa 1.0 on PS4/XB1 is just the start. And, btw, the Japanese Pack DLC, the Black Cat County and Maserati Levante will be available very soon! Hopefully the new build will be available during this month: fingers crossed!

Thank you very much for the awesome way you are supporting us.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Have all the issues been ironed out?

Reviews suggest a real lack of content, something like 12 tracks? That's disappointing, really like the track list in PC.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Reviews suggest a real lack of content, something like 12 tracks? That's disappointing, really like the track list in PC.
    Those aren't issues though, that's just complaining about the type of game AC is. AC is a quality over quantity game, the 12 tracks are just in a different league, they're expensive to produce, so you're just not going to get that many of them.

It takes a while to get the most out of a car on any of these tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

ScumLord wrote: »
    Those aren't issues though, that's just complaining about the type of game AC is. AC is a quality over quantity game, the 12 tracks are just in a different league, they're expensive to produce, so you're just not going to get that many of them.

It takes a while to get the most out of a car on any of these tracks.

Sure you only need 1 car and 1 track! The Lotus 98T and Imola. :D

No man, the issues with screen tearing and fps drops haven't been fixed yet. There's a patch incoming that's supposed to fix those and few other issues mentioned. It's also supposed to add a couple of much needed features but nothing is set in stone yet.

I reckon it'll take two or three patches to really get the game cooking but it'll be worth the wait, the ffb & physics are amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

Sure you only need 1 car and 1 track! The Lotus 98T and Imola. :D

:)

Spent good chunk of weekend learning Zandvoort in Ferrari 312. Jesus its a brilliant track...such fun to drive

Porches incoming.

14361339_10207100667029027_630936728613684455_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭Doge

They have announced that Black Cat County will be coming to the PS4 and Xbox One soon for free.

The patch has just gone live for the PS4.

Even PC users have been waiting for that one to drop. Xbox next, then porche DLC. I'm really looking forward to the porches, they've been absent from proper sim racing for a while.

Even PC users have been waiting for that one to drop. Xbox next, then porche DLC. I'm really looking forward to the porches, they've been absent from proper sim racing for a while.

More deathtraps!

I can't wait to see what AC runs like now, the fps drops were ruining the immersion for me altogether. The kids will be put to bed at 8pm sharp tonight and I'm hitting the Nurburgring.

Not for me :)

but yes will be nice to get them in AC and not just modded versions.

I'm convinced that Kunos weren't actually able to fix AC so they just made a new one, because that's what it feels like.

It's night and day compared to how it released, I can't wait to get back on later.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

I'm convinced that Kunos weren't actually able to fix AC so they just made a new one, because that's what it feels like.

It's night and day compared to how it released, I can't wait to get back on later.

Yeah, zero screen tearing for me last night and frame rate seems much steadier.
    Looking forward to getting back on, and also to private lobbies which they will hopefully patch in soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭Doge

With the success of Dirt Rally and soon to be Assetto Corsa, it just proves that Racing Sims have a place on consoles.

Advertisement