Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assetto corsa

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yes they are a lot faster than previously, whats rather disappointing is it really depends on what car or series your racing, its not even across the board, for example I need to drop ai down to 90% for the formula hybrids to have a good tight race but other cars up to 95% +, you cant just find a setting that works across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

They were always a bit like that though. I could beat the AI with ease in the Porsche cup, but couldn't keep up with the Lotus 2-11 AI.

I suppose the problem for the AI is it is using a one size fits all approach to driving, it can't adapt to different types of cars. The yellowbird is a completely different kettle of fish to the likes of an LMP, etc..

Kunos really seem to be trying to make skilled AI that knows what it's doing.

There's a new Ferrari DLC coming out to include..

The offical AC forum doesn't have a specific post on it so I'm posting the racedeparment link instead as it has better details.

1962 250 GTO
    1967 330 P/4
    1967 312/67
    1984 288 GTO
    2004 F2004
    2017 812 Superfast

The last 7th car is going to be voted for here

It's kind of a hard choice, there's some great cars on it. I went for the testarossa.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

ScumLord wrote:
    It's kind of a hard choice, there's some great cars on it. I went for the testarossa.

Yeah it was a hard one to choose, came down to the testarossa or Enzo for me. Eventually went for the enzo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I went for the F355, a car I nearly bought in real life and then luckily discovered I couldnt get insured on it after only 1 year of driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know if all the cars in the Jap dlc pack are right hand drive?

Anyone know if all the cars in the Jap dlc pack are right hand drive?
    I don't know if all the cars are right hand drive but from what I remember of them they are. I can't remember any of them being left hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

The Trueno AE86 and Toyota Supra are right hand drive anyway at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

ScumLord wrote: »
    I don't know if all the cars are right hand drive but from what I remember of them they are. I can't remember any of them being left hand.

The MX5 Cup car is LHD for some strange reason.

The MX5 Cup car is LHD for some strange reason.
    I was thinking that some of the newer cars would have more of a global market in mind. It wouldn't surprise me if they sold a race spec in only lhd because it would suit a wider market of global racers.

• Advertisement

Just thought I'd give the console players of AC a heads up.
    I hadn't played AC for a while, after the last couple of patches I thought I'd lost my touch. I couldn't catch a slide at any speed no matter what combination of ffb settings I tried.

I did a full reinstall and the game has been transformed, the detail in the ffb is amazing and I'm completely hooked again.

If you're experiencing the same trouble I was, give it a try.

Also, if anyone wants to jump on for some racing just give me a shout, you're all more than welcome to jump in with us anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Grabbed the reduced Oculus Rift VR - the game is incredible with it, will never go back to a flat screen for car sims

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Grabbed the reduced Oculus Rift VR - the game is incredible with it, will never go back to a flat screen for car sims
    It is good, it's just a pity you can't do menus, but once your in the car it's brilliant.

I got Eurotruck simulator working on the rift recently and graphically it doesn't seem to match AC, at least my PC can't make ETS2 look as good as AC. It also becomes a little bit dull in VR, it's almost too close to the real thing. :D

ScumLord wrote: »
    It is good, it's just a pity you can't do menus, but once your in the car it's brilliant.

I got Eurotruck simulator working on the rift recently and graphically it doesn't seem to match AC, at least my PC can't make ETS2 look as good as AC. It also becomes a little bit dull in VR, it's almost too close to the real thing. :D

In fairness ETS2 doesn't look as good as AC in 2D either.

Can't wait to try it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pureaddict

Guys, Irish sim racer on PC here, I love Assetto Corsa, are there any leagues, servers that are active for Irish people specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I'm waiting on my steering wheel getting delivered. I ordered Assetto Corsa in the Steam sale and this will be the first game I try with the wheel.
    I found what looks a good setup guide for my wheel.
    What mods do people recommend?
    I heard there were some very good ones for cars, are the track ones up to standard as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

God damn this game is hard on steering wheel. Max difficulty I can set where I get any chance to win is like 82. I was way better on the pad.
    Any tips?

I'm the same 82 is my max. I'm still practicing

So Digital Bros announced a new racing sim today based on the Unreal 4 Engine:

Assetto Corsa Competizione

A new title offering an official Blancpain GT Series licence and slated for a Steam Early Access release in summer 2018.

Unfortunately it only covers the GT Series so it’s no Assetto Corsa 2 but hopefully it will blossom into it at some point.

Looks great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

What w
    eyerer wrote: »
    I'm waiting on my steering wheel getting delivered. I ordered Assetto Corsa in the Steam sale and this will be the first game I try with the wheel.
    I heard there were some very good ones for cars, are the track ones up to standard as well?
    What wheel did you get? Are you up and running with it, getting a comfortable set up with seats and that can be an issue. How are you getting on?

• Advertisement

What w
    What wheel did you get? Are you up and running with it, getting a comfortable set up with seats and that can be an issue. How are you getting on?

Mods got on Racedepartment site are Ok I believe. Some nice tracks that aren't on other platforms like Paul Richard,

I got the Logitech G920 and a wheelstand pro. I feel the wheelstand is a bit expensive because for the combined cost I could have bought a TM T300.
    I like the wheel but I've not been using it lately. Doesn't that always happen?
    I did download some F1 tracks like Suzuka and Shanghai, they are pretty much as good as the Kunos ones. I'm never going to be able to tell they're not laser scanned and the guys that did these mods did a very good job.

I got the Logitech G920 and a wheelstand pro. I feel the wheelstand is a bit expensive because for the combined cost I could have bought a TM T300.
    I like the wheel but I've not been using it lately. Doesn't that always happen?
    I did download some F1 tracks like Suzuka and Shanghai, they are pretty much as good as the Kunos ones. I'm never going to be able to tell they're not laser scanned and the guys that did these mods did a very good job.
    Try out SRS simracingsystem.com for some serious online races. Best of luck with it.

SRS is good but nothing comes anywhere close to iracing for online racing.

As for mods there are literally hundreds of top quality mods for AC with quality every bit as good as what the devs create.

Speaking of mods ive been playing the new V8corsa mod for AC all morning , its superb guys a must have.
    Heres a quick vid i recorded on my phone set just infront of my wheel of a couple of laps at one of my favourite tracks Road Atlanta, this track really suits the aussie V8`s.

Get the mod here http://v8scorsa.weebly.com/

youtube really sucks the image quality out :(

I miss Road Atlanta, one of my all time favourite tracks.

Dcully wrote: »
    Speaking of mods ive been playing the new V8corsa mod for AC all morning , its superb guys a must have.
    Heres a quick vid i recorded on my phone set just infront of my wheel of a couple of laps at one of my favourite tracks Road Atlanta, this track really suits the aussie V8`s.

Get the mod here http://v8scorsa.weebly.com/

youtube really sucks the image quality out :(

The colour on your monitor is unreal. What panel type is it again?

Its a TN believe it or not, Dell 27" S2716DG 2K WQHD 1ms 144Hz G-Sync.
    I found settings that make colours really close to an IPS monitor, i have an IPS too and they are very close.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    SRS is good but nothing comes anywhere close to iracing for online racing.

As for mods there are literally hundreds of top quality mods for AC with quality every bit as good as what the devs create.
    Nothing comes close to iRacing. I spent over 250 on it so far, got 12 tracks and 3 cars on top of the subs. But I am enjoying the racing so much that the cost doesn't matter so much.

Advertisement