Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assetto corsa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭Doge

Any word on the PC version getting more user friendly console like menus and more importantly a user friendly way of setting up a server and joining multiplayer races?

Its an absolute joke ar the moment, especially that over complicated server setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

That's the word around the campfire alright. I promised Savoury that I'd try AC with my old Fanatec before and after the patch just to see what's what. I was on to Game UK this morning because my order is still showing as unshipped. The guy told me that 97% of their games reach their customers by release date. I know my own luck, I'll be in the 3% for sure!

Good idea trying it before and after installing the patch to see if they really did change anything or if it's just not compatible with your model fanatec.
    Ah fingers crossed for him they have some level of compatibility and leave it in there.
    Hearing now aswell that apparently there is no private servers/rooms which is disappointing. Hopefully they add that in soon if it's true.
    Anyone know if the console versions support USB keyboard for inputs like pcars? Thinking about building a diy button box but in 2 minds if it cant work with assetto corsa on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Good idea trying it before and after installing the patch to see if they really did change anything or if it's just not compatible with your model fanatec.
    Ah fingers crossed for him they have some level of compatibility and leave it in there.
    Hearing now aswell that apparently there is no private servers/rooms which is disappointing. Hopefully they add that in soon if it's true.
    Anyone know if the console versions support USB keyboard for inputs like pcars? Thinking about building a diy button box but in 2 minds if it cant work with assetto corsa on PS4.

It's been confirmed online that Fanatec support has been nuked by the patch, no private lobbies is a bit of a sickener alright. Maybe they expect folk to rent servers like they do with Battlefield?
    As for your button box, I've read that there is no option for custom button mapping as yet.

I can live with all of that so long as the ffb and physics are as good as people say they are, that's all I really care about.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I love AC, put a serious amount of time into it.
    I'm torn between it and Automobilista as my favourite, just happy to have both :)

For me Automobilista has the best force feedback by far of any sim, I would also argue its physics thanks to reizas` physics god Niels Heusinkveld are slightly better too.
    Its not as pretty as AC but for sheer volume of content plus leading FFB and physics in one pack its unbeatable imo, it was officially released today.

slightly OT I know but any PC sim fan really should check it out.

Some feedback on various sim forums on the console version mention framerate issues,screen tearing and AI not up to the standard of the PC version.
    Anyone following the development of AC since early access on PC a number of years back will recall the problems the devs struggled with when tying to code decent AI, it was a nightmare and AI took a long time to be even a feature [yes AC had no AI for a loooong time] and even then they were terrible when it did arrive.
    The devs went to great pains to get AI you could race with to where it is today ie okay but not amazing either, I really hope the experience of a great sim is not ruined by dodgy AI on console,at the very least it needs to be at PC level.

• Advertisement

I'm not surprised to hear about some of the problems folk are reporting. Very few games release ready to go these days it seems.
    In fairness though, in comparison to the problems PCars shipped with, AC's seem fairly minor.
    I can't wait to get my copy, it's 50/50 whether it'll arrive tomorrow.

PCARS just sucked more than anything else, still does :)

I wouldn't call major fps drops minor tbh, framerate directly affects car control so if its as unstable as some suggest it is a major issue.

I think a lot of folk are exaggerating the fps drops though, lots of guys over on GTplantet are singing it's praises .
    It's just a game of wait and see at the moment.

As for PCars? I lost interest in it a long time ago, some cars handle well and some just handle like shopping trollies.
    The ffb is a hot mess too.

I'm praying that the physics and ffb in AC are as intuitive as I've heard.

I don't think you will be disappointed.Console users will at last be able to play a true sim.I hope you guys enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Played it this morning on Xbox One for the first time, only had 5 minutes on it before I had to go to work. Anybody have some good controller settings as I really struggled for the 2 minutes I played, I had all aids turned off though which might have been a mistake this early, looking forward to getting stuck into it over the next few weeks.

Really wish I had a wheel and PC for this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What the verdict on the console version? Can anyone compare it to pcars?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭willciviceg5

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Sucks more than I could have imagined, literally drove one lap and turned off.
    I will be trading it in for gran turismo very soon

That's a balls.

I'll hold off and wait to see if they can sort it out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

That's a balls.

I'll hold off and wait to see if they can sort it out.

Over on GTplantet people are blowing their beans left right and centre saying it's amazing.
    I still haven't received my copy yet so I can't comment.
    ThurlesDrunk tells me it's excellent altogether though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Did you not know it's a realistic sim and not simcade like GT? Wheel or joypad?

OSI wrote: »
    Is that because you're struggling to drive the car or because there's actual issue with the game?

The online I find is really bad for glitching and the fact the you cannot host a private lobby is really annoying.

Did you not know it's a realistic sim and not simcade like GT? Wheel or joypad?
    Yeah I was really looking forward to a proper sim but maybe I'm missing something but I find the handling very sloppy. I'm using a g25

Yeah I was really looking forward to a proper sim but maybe I'm missing something but I find the handling very sloppy. I'm using a g25
    How are you using a G25 to play AC man? It doesn't work on any of the current gen consoles does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

The online I find is really bad for glitching and the fact the you cannot host a private lobby is really annoying.

The one lap online?:rolleyes:

I've maybe 10 hours under my belt with it now and am impressed. Play with g29 and playseat.

Historic GP is my thing and have been driving old Lotus and Ferrari cars mainly. Have turned off various assists over time and driving a Lotus 49 around Spa or classic Monza is a fantastic experience. (Classic Monza looks amazing btw)

I would put it well ahead of Project Cars and with all the assists turned off its closer to Grand Prix Legends although not as difficult...which is a good thing:)

Have not overly got into the set up options yet.

Would have liked some more classic tracks but hopefully they will come in time.

Overall 10 hours the driving experience is excellent

Hope this helps
    D

• Advertisement

Domo1982 wrote: »
    The one lap online?:rolleyes:

No I went back on last night for about an hour an a half and the online I find is still really poor. I played the single player after and it is starting to grow on me but until they sort out the lobby's I won't be using it much. When you can't host a private lobby there is just too many messers to have a good race

No I went back on last night for about an hour an a half and the online I find is still really poor. I played the single player after and it is starting to grow on me but until they sort out the lobby's I won't be using it much. When you can't host a private lobby there is just too many messers to have a good race

Are you talking about the console version?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Are you talking about the console version?
    Yeah ps4

How are you using a G25 to play AC man? It doesn't work on any of the current gen consoles does it?
    I'm using it with the gimx adapter

I'm using it with the gimx adapter

But does that not introduce latency? Also do you get proper ffb with it? I've heard those things can be a nightmare.

There seems to be a good few PS4 users here, it'll be great once we get custom lobbies.
    My copy still hasn't arrived yet. I'll never pre order a game online again.

But does that not introduce latency? Also do you get proper ffb with it? I've heard those things can be a nightmare.

Not that I have noticed and the force feedback seems perfect and it is meant to be way better than the usual converters that just have vibration instead of ffb, I'm no expert so if someone says different I can't argue

Not that I have noticed and the force feedback seems perfect and it is meant to be way better than the usual converters that just have vibration instead of ffb, I'm no expert so if someone says different I can't argue

I'm no expert myself, I was just going by what I've heard. Happy days if it works man.
    It's the first time I've heard of anyone not being blown away by the physics and ffb though, they're the two things everyone seems to be praising online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭Doge

Im tempted to get it when it goes cheap as I already own it on an aging PC run on lowish settings.

Same with Dirt Rally!

• Advertisement

Doge wrote: »
    Im tempted to get it when it goes cheap as I already own it on an aging PC run on lowish settings.

Same with Dirt Rally!

Its currently 35 in Argos which is great value.

Advertisement