Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assetto corsa

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I hear ya but in my humble opinion its far too expensive.
    Ive resubbed since the weekend for 1 month to see whats what and i doubt ill be resubbing after that and ill explain why.

I was one of the very first through the doors of iracing thanks to RSC ie racesim central back in the day where i got an invite.
    I subbed for real back in 2008, since then ive been subbed on and off spent €390 on content alone [here comes the deal breaker for me]

Despite spending a grand total of €390 on content over the years for mostly road series i will have to spend a minimum of €90 just to participate in one class C series [thats the cheapest based on content i have/need for this series]with other class C and D series costing more than that not to mention class B that i was running a few years back when i was really into it.

As always iracing make it so you always have to buy something as they are constantly changing up the tracks included from season to season.
    All rookie series cost me nothing but thats not enough to keep me subbed plus its the worst of the worst racing that the sim has to offer, things omprove dramatically once you get out of rookie so i have no interest racing there again.
    Back to the sim itself its great but physics wise its not an awful lot better thanautomobilista,R3E or AC,same can be said for FFB.
    I have lways found its tyre model a bit suspect and thats still not fixed.

iracing really shines in its online element, its true nothing touches it but with SRS the other sims have gotten closer with safely rating driving racing and top quality servers.
    This is ideal if you dont want to commit to a league and it has regular races all day long, again not as comprehensive as iracing .

Heres a breakdown of what my current class C series and below that im interested in will cost me if i was to pursue them.

V8 supercar series - €130
    Star Mazda - €90
    Skip Barber - €150
    Porsche 911 GT3 Cup - €140

Ofcourse theres maybe 3-5 tracks that overlap and if bought and included in another series can be used but they are very clever, there are very few that crossover if you get me its almost a total different roster of tracks bar the few exceptions.

Remember over the years i have bought content that was needed for these series [€390 thats actually of no use to me now] but as mentioned above the roster is designed in such a way that your practically forced to buy to participate, and at €15 per track its a bit of a joke imo.

I would love to be able to justify paying the above, but even if i ran one series the cost is criminal to me.

Amazing sim, amazing online structure and features, practically endless stream of racing to enjoy but just costs too much in my opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

I agree with all that Dcully. It certainly has its issues with cost. 
    I have 17 and need 13 more of the road-courses at this stage, so that allows me to run about 8 of 12 races for a season. I might need to get a few more tracks soon, but no rush as its expensive. I think I have invested a lot of $$$ so far and in future less investment will be required. I can afford it for now as its my main hobby, guys spend more on cycling or other things.
    I don't get much time to race, with kids, so iracing suits me great as it has a fixed schedule, 15 past every hour for skip barber for instance. Jump upstairs after 8pm and straight into a race is great. No lobby surfing or wreckfests for me. 
    I wonder will the new Assetto Corsa Competitione be any good?

Haha im one of those cyclists too and i can assure its every bit as expensive as simracing if not more,just like simracing you can spend as much as you wish :P

Yeah i have big hopes for ACC, being the official racing simulation of the Blancpain GT Series it will give the users that championship structure that AC is so sorely missing in its current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Just resubbed the other night for 1 month, been off it for a while (Year I think). For years I liked it but prefered the physics and FFB of Rfactor 2 and Assetto so never really got my moneys worth. I was really pleasantly surprised how the cars handle now, they feel much more planted and alive instead of the dead feeling. If it stays like this I can see it being my main sim platform from now on. FYI tried the GRC offroad last night and had an absolute blast, was only testing but was laughing my head off as I dared to powerslide more and more out of corners.

Its taken a decade but I really feel like their decision to do dirt physics has finally put the last piece of the puzzle into the road stuff. The cars now feel like they are supposed to for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

The new AC just looks like the current one. I know its early, but it doesn't look any different during the day in normal weather. Id have hoped for huge graphical improvements and better lighting where it looked real, but it doesn't at all. Tress look as fake as ever.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be released tonight at around 6pm our time for early access purchase.

Available today will be the Lamborghini Huracan Gt3 and the Nurburgring.

Looking forward to giving it a go later, although VR support not coming until October.

24.99 early access price

Go get your credit cards out. Good price, will get on Steam tonight.

AI coming too in this first build i believe.
    I remember when i bought early access for standard AC it didnt even have any AI and took over a year to get any AI at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I was really enjoying Assetto Corsa and bought all the DLC, before suddenly losing interest. I think the basic career mode was too lifeless. Are there any mods that include a decent career setup?

I'd appreciate the feedback if anyone plays the ACC early access. I've read the graphics are the same as the old game, which would be a disappointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I'll wait until the VR is ready.

eyerer wrote: »
    I was really enjoying Assetto Corsa and bought all the DLC, before suddenly losing interest. I think the basic career mode was too lifeless. Are there any mods that include a decent career setup?

I'd appreciate the feedback if anyone plays the ACC early access. I've read the graphics are the same as the old game, which would be a disappointment.

Ive heard the gfx are a step up,described as "a lot more alive,vibrant and believable".

Heres a brand new video of gameplay and it looks very very nice to me even with youtubes` lowering of visual quality.

From the RD early access review

Moving away from weather and on to the overall graphical uplift afforded the title by the move to Unreal 4, I think it is fair to say that ACC is a visual improvement in almost every way over its natural predecessor, Assetto Corsa. The game looks unmistakably like Unreal 4 engine powered title, but with a little bit of Kunos art direction thrown into the mix to help it stand out. Assetto Corsa Competizione is a very pleasing experience on the eye, although for me at least, it currently just lacks that little bit of sharpness to the graphics I've become accustomed to with the original Assetto Corsa game, something that I've noticed with several Unreal 4 powered titles that have been released in recent months. Now I'm certainly not saying this is in any way a negative, but it is worth pointing out that to me at least, UE4 and ACC gives off a softer, more richly presented graphic than was the case with "AC1", and actually I feel this does perhaps go some way to offering a more realistic and true to real life look and feel to the graphics, something that other high performing graphic rich racing games in the marketplace have often fallen short of achieving in the past.

Another thing about the visual representation of the game are the details that Kunos have lavished on the title, really going so much further in the presentation and representation of those trackside scenes and details that was ever hoped to be present in the original AC - all of which further add to the depths of realism in the simulation and are highly welcomed. From the small things like moving flag marshals and post-race fireworks and flares in the grandstands, to moving driver hands when flicking switches for the pit lane speed limiter and the various light options, these are all details that leave me with that warm and fuzzy feeling, safe in the knowledge that Kunos appear to be keen to leave no stone unturned in their quest to produce a very realistic and true to real life representation of one of the finest GT racing series on the planet, much like was the intention when SimBin Studios released GTR2 all those years ago...

I still havent got round to trying it yet myself but will do soon.
    I was waiting for this guys thoughts, well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Doge wrote: »

Anyone use Green Man Gaming before? Or used it to get ACC?

We've used them quite a lot in the PC Gaming forum.

Theyre probably more legit than cdkeys or any of the grey market sellers.

They have a score of 8.9 on trust pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

We've used them quite a lot in the PC Gaming forum.

Theyre probably more legit than cdkeys or any of the grey market sellers.

They have a score of 8.9 on trust pilot.

Thanks for that bud. Ordered! :-)

For the sake of a fiver, would you not just get it on Steam. 
    I downloaded last night, will give it a good going over this evening.

BIGT4464 wrote: »
    For the sake of a fiver, would you not just get it on Steam. 
    I downloaded last night, will give it a good going over this evening.

the ****ing jinx ha? :P

• Advertisement

I played for an hour last night. One car and track is not much content yet, but by next year at release the early access will have been wise move. There are 4 options hotlap hotstint (2) and a race you start from the back and have to finish 10th & single practice mode. 
    The controls took me a while to get right, had to do the logitech profiler thingy, as was the FOV and driving camera setup, I use cockpit view. Would like the option of online races in the next update, as it is at the moment I wont be playing it much until then. Very little options to tinker with so far.
    It plays very nicely compared to iracing gt3 at nurburgring this week, a few differences but seems a solid sim in comparison.

Gave it 90 mins lastnight and very impressed.
    Physic are very nice, gfx excellent,wet weather physics also very good.
    I keep losing my wheel settings, not a major issue if i could redo settings out on track via options but you cant change control settings once you leave the main menu which is very annoying.
    I bought into normal AC early access so i know what to expect, to have working ai this time round is huge.
    Atlast we have decent engine sounds, AC sounds were pretty poor.

I have no doubt this will evolve into a top class sim.
    Runs very well on my old rig i5 2500K GTX970 at 1440.

ACC update tomorrow. new car is the bentley Track is missano. VR is included this time plus more race modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I found the Anti aliasing in AC pretty disappointing, is this improved with the new graphics engine for ACC?

Done a bit of ACC recently, its ok for a bit but doing hotlaps gets a bit tiring, if i select a race i get left behind by the AI. Will play it more once it is fully released. The blue lines at Paul Richard are tough the get looking ok, they hurt to look at.
    New season is coming to iracing this week. New cars F3 & Formula Renault 3.5l , Tsukuba and Charlotte Roval. Looking forward to the F3 myself.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Looking forward to final release. Last few months updates have been very positive. Enjoying online experience now too. Higher safety rating servers are extremely competitive and fun

Very disappointed in the announcement that when they said the sim will have matchmaking they didnt actually mean matchmaking.
    They meant servers with ranks but that system failed with so many previous titles its a big kick in the nuts for sure because we will just have the usual high rank servers empty and the low rank servers full.

I really hoped this would be something to offer a decent online experience, matchmaking players with similar safety rating rank would be great but alas its not happening :(

Looks like for the wait for an affordable top class sim with clean pick up races will continue.

iracing is still the only one to offer this but cost is crazy.

• Advertisement

Quite enjoying offline racing with AI, its not perfect on some tracks but on some the AI are really good.
    Quick vid of final couple of laps fighting the AI for position 95% ai skill 50% aggression,i was trying to be pretty aggressive to see how they responded and they didnt hit me once, few contacts were my doing.

Advertisement