Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assetto corsa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

ScumLord wrote: »
    Apparently Kunos simulation has been sold to digital bros, the parent company of 505 who distributed AC on consoles.

It was in the Italian press, there's no real confirmation from Marco or Stefano but apparently they're going to stay on at the company.

Marco Massarutto said:
    Ok, let's clarify this before it becomes the bigger flame of the year.

By today, Kunos Simulazioni is part of Digital Bros Family, and me and Stefano by today are shareholders of Digital Bros. That's it. We are still the founders of Kunos, we are still IN, also keeping our respective positions and responsabilities, with just few exceptions: the budget we'll manage by now doesn't come anymore from our personal profits, but from Digital Bros, our bigger AC fan. Keeping the same policy, strategies, DNA, development team, goals. So, if this news would not been made public, you couldn't realize that something is changed, because - by a gamer/simracer point of view - nothing is going to change.

The reason why this news comes like a bombshell is because Digital Bros is a listed company, therefore this kind of operation must a) kept confidential until the negotiation is over, b) go public when is done. That's it.

For whom are afraid that today a piece of their simracing world has gone, let me remind them that Digital Bros has published - under its label 505Games - the console version of Assetto Corsa, and it doesn't seem to me that AC on PS4/XB1 is an arcade game: definetely it isn't. Therefore, before to scream in any direction that "Kunos has been bought, The World is Over", please sit down, breath and think. Because the only news you should be interested is that by today, we have more resources, time and power to do our job, even better than before.

So: think easier, live better, stay strong. The Future is Bright.

Have a nice weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

With The Kunos boys getting a stake in the parent company it should allow Kunos to keep AC the way they want it.

Now all the talk is about what will happen with the big cash injection, €4.5 million apparently. They may begin work on AC2.

Pictures of the new fantasy track to be released in february.

It's a track based in Scotland and will have multiple layouts. Looks good so far.

assetto-corsa-highlands-track-3-jpg.170350

assetto-corsa-highlands-track-2-jpg.170349

assetto-corsa-highlands-track-jpg.170351

Video
    https://www.facebook.com/marco.massarutto.1/videos/10208177103219259/

Marco also semi-confirmed they're working on Assetto Corsa 2.

Update 1.12 just got released along with the free highlands fantasy track and the Audi Quattro S1 E2.

All cars are now update to V10 tyres.
    Brake fade on classic cars.
    Timed races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

Dcully wrote: »
    Not normally into modern GT cars and their electronics but the porsche GT3 in the third porsche DLC pack is a joy to drive.
    The 911 Cup and the 911 GT3 R are unbelievable, i think the stock setup is a bit stiff, the front bounces so much but when you are on it those things are so wicked fast.

I put in 2 min lap around the Nurburgring GT layout, could probably shave a second off of it with a good setup.

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HBTJPglt7c [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Turns out the Season Pass for PS4 does include all DLC!

Tonight was my first time playing since buying the Season Pass a few months ago and I was able to download everything including all 3 Porsche packs!

Fairly happy with that. :)

When private lobbies come in the next update - 1.14, us PS4 heads should get on and start racing!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looks like a great mod this.

Another PC patch drops today. There's some content included but I'm not sure how it's shared out. The 2017 Porsche 911 RSR (basically they're new GT3 car, the race series not their own GT3 car), the Mazda 787B originally mod content that's gone official and the Mazda MX5, it's an older one, not sure of year.

As far as I know the 911 RSR is part of one of the Porsche DLCs it just couldn't be included because Porsche hadn't finished building the car in the real world.

I assume the other two are free to all.

They've also included vive support, mandatory pit stops, pit stop strategy, and I think they've added more support for wheels so that dpads and the like can be used and reverse grids for online racing.

They've also begun the process of enabling driver swaps for online races. As I understand it it's not fully able to do that yet but it's coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone made their own handbrake could do with one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone made their own handbrake could do with one?

Still havent started mine but came across a new option for an analog handbrake yesterday:

How to mount it to a table:

A simpler digital version here:

And if you want to go all out Hydraulic with brake fluid and lines theres the DSD Hydraulic Handbrake Project:

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/10762-dsd-hydraulic-handbrake-diy-project/

Very interesting video for every simracer regardless of talent or experience experience, highly recommended!

There's a guy on youtube "the extra mile", who does some good tutorial videos as well. They're a bit more advanced.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqW6p5dhUKF6UAlSzmmHScg/videos

Another video from Aris, this time on how to read the power graph on the cars tech specs and how to use it to know when the best time to change gear is.

Interesting video, there's often no need to let the engine redline as you're actually losing power a lot of the time.

Huge update inbound for the console version. Happy days.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/console-update-v-1-14-news.45066/

The Mazda MX5 NA is in that pack, that cars a hoot. It doesn't have enough power to break rear traction but it still loves to go sideways.

ScumLord wrote: »
    The Mazda MX5 NA is in that pack, that cars a hoot. It doesn't have enough power to break rear traction but it still loves to go sideways.

I can't wait to get into the 787B. That noise.

Biggest issue for me with AC ever since I played the first build and early access was the AI, they have improved a lot since having NO AI at all previously but they are not perfect far from it infact, they are very reluctant to overtake at times, especially on a straight, just pull over on the side of the track either side and watch the ai stop behind you, its just silly, I really hope this update improves things.

They look pretty racey in that video, at least the faster cars know they should over take now.

• Advertisement

Agreed looking very good to be honest.

AI looks fantastic, haven't tried it yet but the majority of users are reporting very human like ai, this audi tt cup video certainly seems to demonstrates it.
    Also watch for the number 13 ai hitting push to pass :) watch for the flashing number when he engages push to pass.

Cant believe its so quiet in this thread after what I personally consider to be the best update to AC ever.
    The AI has gone from being poor AI to really really good believable AI.
    For me it has totally transformed the sim especially as my sim racing 100% consists of offline racing these days,i just don't have the time to commit to league racing anymore so top class AI is essential to me and at last ! at loooong last AC has some excellent AI :)

We've been playing the sim.. :P

They're definitely much better to race against. They seem faster over all. They're more sloppy now too. I did the special event at zandvoort and nearly every car spun off at the second to last corner, one of them was catching me again towards the end.

Pro tip. set fast cars to 75% ai aggression and stick slower ai cars at 90-100%.

The ai make too many mistakes with 100% aggression in the fast cars.

I decided to buy that Formula Hybrid 2017 mod I linked a vid to in the last page to compliment the new ai and OMFG its awesome.
    I wouldn't normally buy mods but this one is exceptional, totally worth the €4 asking price.
    Id go as far as to say its probably the best series for AC available and yes that includes the official content, really needs to be experienced to appreciate it.

AC just might have taken over Automobilista as my favourite sim since the new AI update, it really has transformed the sim for me.

I cannot recommend the formula hybrid mod enough guys,if nothing else it will teach you delicate throttle control :)

Heres that vid again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Thanks , but its showing up for me anyways not for you ?

I'm still waiting to have a good go at it. Stuff keeps coming up.

• Advertisement

Got to spend an hour or so with them today, they're definitely way more aggressive, they put up a proper fight now. I tried one of the challenges using the McLaren 650 GT3 car. Those 5 lap races aren't much good anymore, the AI put up to much of a fight to better them over the course of 5 laps.

I'll try a full race weekend over the weekend, I have the feeling I won't be able to beat them on 100% anymore. It used to be a bit of a waste of time before, even at 100% I'd be a second or two faster than them, qualify first and just end up hot lapping.

They seem to make more mistakes now too, really shakes things up.

Advertisement