Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Well, the aul lads aren't shriveled in from the cold. So...

Happy Days :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm pondering taking off in the afternoon and going home to sit out with a box of Corana.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

An almost-naked woman just walked past my window. No complaints here.... Well, she could do with losing 10 stone but beggars can't be choosers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I wonder is a lot of it psychological. When you get on a plane and spend a week or two in some furnace of a country, you cope pretty well with it. After a day or two, you expect it so you become acclimatized. Whereas here, people are bitching because its so unusual for Ireland.

Its a welcome change in my book. The winter is plenty long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,062 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Agricola wrote: »
    I wonder is a lot of it psychological. When you get on a plane and spend a week or two in some furnace of a country, you cope pretty well with it. After a day or two, you expect it so you become acclimatized. Whereas here, people are bitching because its so unusual for Ireland.

Its a welcome change in my book. The winter is plenty long enough.

No don't think so.

I love heat and love this weather, but 38 degrees in Miami is more tolerable then 25 degrees in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I don't do too well in the heat, I have dark hair which attracts the sun so sunstroke is something I have to be careful with, it can happen before i know it.I am also the whitest person who has ever lived, I am very careful though and never haven't been burnt since I was a child even though I don't wear sunscreen. Despite all that I still enjoy the sun, I'm not one for sunbathing or anything but it cheers me up and makes me lazy. I know as the week goes on I will be grumpier and grumpier though due to the crappy quality of sleep I will be getting, hate trying to sleep when it is too warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

JonSnuuu wrote: »
    Was in Toronto for the year last year, hit 41 degrees one day. Air conditioning was broken on the subway. Imagine being stuck in a metal tube with hundreds of other people when it was 41 degrees outside. The sensation of sweat continously dripping down your crack is not one I'd recommend.

Never again will I complain about the "heat" in Ireland.
    Well yeh but that doesn't change that it's hot here too, it's just not as ridiculously hot as above.
    Would the people who keep saying it's not hot here and go on about their trips abroad which they expect everyone to relate to, say it's not cold here if it were -2 degrees celsius just because it can go down to -20 in Canada? -2 is still cold.
    No don't think so.

I love heat and love this weather, but 38 degrees in Miami is more tolerable then 25 degrees in Ireland
    Ah here... Wouldn't Miami be really humid too?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Relative humidity is hovering around 75% at the moment, relatively low for Ireland in this weather. However it's set to jump to over 95% tomorrow onwards so the heat will be that bit more unbearable then (if you consider nice weather like this unbearable.)

Humidity in Miami is a little lower, you'd normally never see it over 80%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I'm loving it, except I'm back to work today after almost 3 weeks off, I came home for lunch so I could sit out the garden.

Best tan I've had in years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

makes me need to take a dump

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A nice gale force wind now be the right job. Hate this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Was pretty warm last night, opening the windows didn't help... no wind - and the damn neighbour's cat helped himself in, found it sleeping at the foot of the bed -.-;

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

It's 21C, that's not heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

michellie wrote: »
    Best tan I've had in years :)

They say the tan you get in Ireland lasts longer than all other tans :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Of course I had to wear a black shirt and black jeans today. I might as well have just wrapped myself up in tin foil.

We don't know how to act around the heat we're that out of practice. Seen a fella picked up by Ambulance yesterday after collasping and he had a wooly jumper and a winter coat on him. :eek: Young enough lad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I'm so tired of people passing me saying "wonderful weather", "glorious", "great weather we're having" "lovely sun"

To each and everyone one of them, "No, no it's not...bring back the rain!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Plazaman wrote: »
    Of course I had to wear a black shirt and blck jeans today. I might as well have just wrapped myself up in tin foil.

We don't know how to act around the heat we're that out of practice. Seen a fella picked up by Ambulance yesterday after collasping and he had a wooly jumper and a winter coat on him. :eek: Young enough lad too.

what? a wooly jumper - he must be mad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Was pretty warm last night, opening the windows didn't help... no wind - and the damn neighbour's cat helped himself in, found it sleeping at the foot of the bed -.-;

lol, cats...make themselves at home anywhere XD..

but yeah..windows doesn't help much ):

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

its now 30 degrees where i am in cork.Ive given up and im drinking cold cider.May as well.Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

viota wrote: »
    its now 30 degrees where i am in cork.Ive given up and im drinking cold cider.May as well.Cheers!

It's 30 outside??

Ah here. Thank god there is some form of AC in the office!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Good man yourself trout, keep her lit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Now that's more like heat. Good plan too, keep them fluids pouring into ya.

Girl* :D will do .Was getting fed up of warm tap water :P Yes it 30 outside and i have no a/c

Girl* :D will do .Was getting fed up of warm tap water :P Yes it 30 outside and i have no a/c

We'll want hourly updates of how drunk you are getting!

Can't beat Monday Club in the sun :D

yes :Dyou will get plenty of updates :D

yes :Dyou will get plenty of updates :D

If you happen to get the cider shítes, we don't really need to know about that, we just want the good updates...... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

It's ok if you are off work and have a cold beer in your hand and you're not stuck in a stifling city somewhere. Though I do love the post work beer :D

That said, give me a cold evening where its dark at 5 any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Vic_08

If the heat bothers you that much then why don't you go and get yourself an A/C unit?

knipex wrote: »
    its hot enough in Limerick today to make a Singaporean complain.

There's something you don't read every day

• Advertisement

Vic_08 wrote: »
    If the heat bothers you that much then why don't you go and get yourself an A/C unit?

Getting an a/c unit is not nearly as much fun as getting hammered on cider!!!

Advertisement