Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I hate this weather, my body can't handle it at all. I'll walk around in tshirts during the winter when everyone else is complaining about the cold. Hot weather doesn't suit me at all, seems to be the only time of the year I get sick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

major bill wrote: »
    I love it the only thing i hate about the sun is the way some people go on, for example the face on them when they see ye wearing jeans or not fully naked like they think ye should be...also the guilt factor that you have to be seeing going the beach and coming back raw red....**** off!!! Il enjoy the sun my own way ye thick!!

Good post. There's always a pressure of "having to make the most" of a fine day. Almost makes you welcome a wet day to get back to a normal routine.
    And why is it females wear extra tight clothes when it's hot? Surely they could wear these outfits all year round? Can I take legal action against the woman with the big ass and tiny shorts if I rear-end a car at the lights because of her alluring rear-end?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Dunno... I dislike it anyway. The heat.... I weaken in it, breathing is a little harder, work really really sucks. I go around sticky and sweaty and smelly. Headaches. Sleep is difficult and my appetite suffers. And rather nasty hayfever that doesnt seem to be responding to antihistamines... I dont enjoy this weather because I cant enjoy this weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Investors in fake tan have become millionaires this month!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Pfff, hot weather, come off it. Here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

MadYaker wrote: »
    This is hilarious. Its not hot. Its a bit warm and sunny. Get a grip! Over 30 degrees is hot, we don't get hot weather in this country.

Humidity is a huge factor in hot it feels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Any kinda hot weather generally lands me in the ****in bog with the ould lad and uncle. ****in scorched from head to toe and a severe inability to walk for 4-5 days afterwards. there isnt another country in the world retarded enough to cut turf. theres a special place in hell for whoever came up with the idea.
    As a bogger, I rapidly came up with a rule that me+turf=No. I have applied that rule dilligently ever since the first time some git codded me into "helping with the footing" when I was young and naive. Coal is the cure..

And it's hot. Sun, yep, lovely, but the heavy, stagnating humidity ye can keep. God did not design paddies for heat, he made us for mild and wet. The clue in in the skintones..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Well yeh, it's kinda standard to complain about cold, wet, windy, grey weather!
    Why roll on winter? What about autumn when it's neither too warm nor too cold?

It's 10.20pm ffs - and it's not even pitch dark!

But I love cold, wet, windy and grey weather :P. And winter has snow :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Pfff, hot weather, come off it. Here

You should see the state of my balls in hot weather. Not very fun at all

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Nice breeze out there tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Hmm, trying to get two v young children to sleep in the heat - not fun at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I hate the heat as well. I took the dog for a walk this morning about 9:30am and ended up in the house until 6pm because I was feeling sick, had a headache etc. I keep well hydrated but that happens to me every time. I also have hay fever. This sort of weather is unbearable to me. Roll on winter, bet the people telling us not to whinge about us being too warm will be the first to whinge about them being too cold.

jaysus :pac:, we just had a 6 month winter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I'm 40 weeks pregnant, I'm about to combust!! I'm praying the sun will go away for a week or two as the thoughts of going into that ****ing maternity where they have the flipping heating on full blast day and night is making me want to cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 legrandemac

The humidity is a huge factor, as mentioned before. We always get this humidity in the 80%+ crap when we get weather over 20c, it's not fresh heat like in Spain, it's damp heat, pain in the ass, like rainforest heat...the wrong kind of heat ;)
    ...just like when Polish people complain that our winters are 'damp' cold and theirs are 'dry' cold, we have no where near as cold winters as Eastern European winters in terms of temp, but I've heard many say they can 'feel' worse.

On the heat thing, I don't get these temperature whores at all, the rte weather forecasting team are full of them...."Look 26C today, and may touch 27 effin degC in some areas" ...who cares, they never tell you the humidity will make it feel like shiite. I always call out temp whores, some are even in my family...."But what the fug is so good about sweating every time you have to do any work or anything labour intensive?" "Why would you want it to reach over 30C, what level of tan is that going to achieve above say 20C?" People do love to do the old, "Ya think this is hot, I was in 46C in Seville last summer" ....I'd love to see them get a nice heat stroke to sort them out, change their tune.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭MrPoker

Love the hot weather. Puts everyone else in good humour too. Only problem is on a night like tonight with no air conditioning I am finding it tough to get to sleep. Small price to pay for some sunshine imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The ol' Google machine says it's 11 degrees in Dublin at the moment, I'd need three layers in that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

One of the few nights we don't consider putting the heating on, at some point so what's to hate

Balmy just, balmy. Is saving me a fortune on skin products

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Derpington95

antodeco wrote: »
    In before the heated arguments.

Some people just need to chill out. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Any kinda hot weather generally lands me in the ****in bog with the ould lad and uncle. ****in scorched from head to toe and a severe inability to walk for 4-5 days afterwards. there isnt another country in the world retarded enough to cut turf. theres a special place in hell for whoever came up with the idea.

Just don't do it then? :L

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

We really are a nation of unbelievable moans. Yes it's very warm but it's not even that humid - go to New York in the summer or Florida and you'll see real humidity.

Moan when it rains, moan when it snows, moan when it's windy, moan when it's sunny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

it's better than bloody rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

heat-wave-meme-240x180.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

This is not heat.

Was in Toronto for the year last year, hit 41 degrees one day. Air conditioning was broken on the subway. Imagine being stuck in a metal tube with hundreds of other people when it was 41 degrees outside. The sensation of sweat continously dripping down your crack is not one I'd recommend.

Never again will I complain about the "heat" in Ireland.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The humidity is a huge factor, as mentioned before. We always get this humidity in the 80%+ crap when we get weather over 20c, it's not fresh heat like in Spain, it's damp heat, pain in the ass, like rainforest heat...the wrong kind of heat ;)
    ...just like when Polish people complain that our winters are 'damp' cold and theirs are 'dry' cold, we have no where near as cold winters as Eastern European winters in terms of temp, but I've heard many say they can 'feel' worse.
    Very much this. That said at least we have breezes here. Go to central France or Spain mid summer and it's like an effin furnace beating down on you like a hammer and with not a breath of air.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,062 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I love heat, but yes big difference between 26 degrees in Dublin/Cork and your sunny Islands around Spain/Cyprus etc.,..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I don't mind the sun/heat, it's the humidity I hate more than anything. When I was in Egypt years ago it was warmer but it wasn't humid at all and much more bearable than the warm weather here because of the humidity. If there was cool breeze going with the sun out I would love it but the humidity does nothing to make me feel better about my chronic fatigue and joint pain.

Hayfever seems alot worse on warmer humid day as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

Yeah i find it a lot harder to breathe in hot weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

JupiterKid wrote: »
    We really are a nation of unbelievable moans. Yes it's very warm but it's not even that humid - go to New York in the summer or Florida and you'll see real humidity.

been to both in summer and we get humid weather over here too, it was 95% humidity last night in roscommon and forecast 93% tonight, i run a dehumidifier and it picked up 2 litres of water in the air just last night

in florida especially you have pools, ac, hazers, over here the only option you have is to open the window thus letting in hundreds of wasps, midges, moths and other assorted creatures :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Feeling hot! hot! hot!

Advertisement