Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

It's like 26 degrees there FFS. That's not, in any way shape or form, approaching hot

viota wrote: »
    obviously every window and the balcony door are open

Great idea, let the warm air in. That'll cool you down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

COYVB wrote: »
    It's like 26 degrees there FFS. That's not, in any way shape or form, approaching hot

For them it is. They're used to being cold.

I got sunburnt in 75 weather walking to the supermarket. Probably no one but an Irish person would believe that is possible. Paddy genes.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

yes Im used to cold weather as its normally always cold here. 26c is boiling.

For them it is. They're used to being cold.

I got sunburnt in 75 weather walking to the supermarket. Probably no one but an Irish person would believe that is possible. Paddy genes.

Ireland isn't particularly cold either though. It's got an exceptionally narrow range of temperatures, incredibly mild on both sides of the spectrum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

It is hot, I'm here in my room with my windows open fully, topless, wearing nothing but shorts, with a desk fan blasting at me and I'm sweating!

Its lovely!! I love every minute of it, and I hope it never goes away.

The cold, wind, rain, frost, and dullness is literally depressing, as in, I suffer from depression and all horrible weather makes me feel worse. So I'm gladly enjoying the small amount of heat we get.

Cold is painful and I hate it so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We've every door and window in the house open, black out blind and black out curtains on the bedroom window. Don't know how Mr P is going to cope with the heat next week on nightshift:( The sun is on the back of our house from afternoon until sunset and it's like a furnace upstairs. I hate the heat. It's all fine and dandy for a couple of days until people start losing sleep due to the humidity, then everyone gets ars*y.

We'll all swelter next week and there'll still be the die hards who'll complain that we got no summer:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Ireland isn't particularly cold either though. It's got an exceptionally narrow range of temperatures, incredibly mild on both sides of the spectrum

Yes but because the houses are also very cold, I never warm up in Ireland.

We've every door and window in the house open

That's your problem right there. CLOSE THE WINDOWS AND DOORS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I'm ou in da garden with a bottle of tanning oil catching rays. Jk. But I like heat but I hate when it's humid and your trousers are glued to your thights

• Advertisement

Yes but because the houses are also very cold, I never warm up in Ireland.

Having lived in Ireland for 25 years of my life, I know what the weather is like. It's rarely cold, and almost never hot

closing the windows will only make the inside even hotter.I despise humidity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

There's humidity into the mix. Those who say it's not hot are just being disingenuous. They know it is. Comparing Ireland to really hot countries is pointless; it's about what you're used to.

last winter the temps were down to-10c even -17 in places.

closing the windows will only make the inside even hotter.I despise humidity

No it won't. Leaving the doors and windows open lets the heated air in, and the temperature is equalized with the outside. When it's hot out, you close your windows and doors and keep the heat out. Same with driving a car. You open the windows over here at 35 degrees and you'll be sweating. Close them and keep them closed and it's lovely and cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Shockingly enticing as I sit here in the garden of barbecues and flowing beer with it's ice cold watering defrosting down the side of the pint glass, it's an image to behold.

Fantastic weather, and i could never handle the heat/humidity but today was just a 10 out of 10.

As my lips are slightly touching this ice cold glass....the coolness and warmness of both sun and beer just melds together astonishingly well.

All i can say is... Fantastic performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Moannnnnnnn, too hot! Sweaty, itchy, red and blotchy!!

It's not nice heat though, it's awful heavy, humid, draining heat.

But long as it drops 10 degrees by the time I'm going to bed (so about 3 hours then), I'll forgive everything.

There's humidity into the mix. Those who say it's not hot are just being disingenuous. They know it is. Comparing Ireland to really hot countries is pointless; it's about what you're used to.

with humidity it feels like 24 in dublin at the moment (http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/ireland/dublin-city-cathair-atha-cliath/dublin)

i'm in canada and people are going around with light jackets on right now with the weather feeling like 32 (http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/canada/ontario/oshawa)

humidity definitely plays a part, but christ you lot aren't on the surface of venus or anything. it's mild there. that's all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Whinge, whinge, whinge. Good God, it isn't boiling hot. It won't last forever. You can't change it either so get over it. You'd think it was 40+ degrees the way some people are carrying on.

Whinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggge.

How ever did you manage

• Advertisement

a hoody did me grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I have to say...today in swords co. Dublin was just excellent. Not too humid but just nice...like the goldilocks zone :)

But as I said, it's about what you're used to. I far prefer this weather to rain/cold/wind/grey, but I'm not going to lie and say it's not uncomfortable at times due to the sticky heaviness. There isn't much air-conditioning here either (which is fair enough given there's so little need for it).

When I stepped outside late morning/early afternoon today, the heavy, warm air reminded me of being in Majorca. It is very warm. People saying "But it's not warm :confused:" are gas. :pac:

We have 0 a/c here the heavy air is the thing that really bugs me.We are used to cold rainy weather.Mild for us is 12 degrees.Not 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

That's your problem right there. CLOSE THE WINDOWS AND DOORS

Not necessarily, I found the open windows works better as youre in the shade which is cooler, there is an airflow and the air brought in is cooled in the shade. Its the sun that makes the heat the air doesn't really carry it. Hence shade, even outside, is cooler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

That was nearly 3 years ago. Have you been in a coma or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ILikeFriday

It's worth any heat to have the brightness of the sun instead of the grey that dominates the other 360 days of the year.

actually that was the temp where i was .Pipes froze and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Uñcomfortable, being out of your element isn't it

Its glorious out. Get over it -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Also its hotter in other parts of the country. In parts of the southeast it nearly reached 27 earlier, with no wind and lots of humidity.

I hear further up towards dublin and the coasts are a lot cooler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just wait for Friday. looks like a cooker for everyone (even the SE corner which usually has a breeze)

Advertisement