Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

People cooking fried eggs on car bonnets.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I cooked a rock on a rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I wouldn't call today hot. It was normal and what summers were like 6-7 years ago. It's just we have not had a proper summer weather since 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Milk would've been a bad choice, had you chosen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I wouldn't call today hot. It was normal and what summers were like 6-7 years ago. It's just we have not had a proper summer weather since 2007.

Aw jesus... LET US WHINGE WILL YA!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Lots and lots of burnty bits.
    Suncream people!
    No one likes the rasher look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

It's 22:45 right now and it's 18 C so it looks like it's going to be a right warm one to sleep in tonight, sweat rolling off me here, not used to this humidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears... in rain. Time to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

That was some day, I could live with this kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

That tears it. I'm bringin the matress outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,070 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Where the **** were you living?!!

The Sahara desert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

It's hot. Damn hot! Real hot! Hottest things is my shorts. I could cook things in it. A little crotch pot cooking.
    Well, can you tell me what it feels like.
    Fool, it's hot! I told you again! Were you born on the sun? It's damn hot! I saw - It's so damn hot, I saw little guys, their orange robes burst into flames. It's that hot! Do you know what I'm talking about.
    What do you think it's going to be like tonight?
    It's gonna be hot and wet! That's nice if you're with a lady, but it ain't no good if you're in the jungle.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

People are never happy about the weather here.

:(

Aw jesus... LET US WHINGE WILL YA!?

It really wasn't that hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I opened my tub of coconut oil and it was totally liquified. Now it just looks like a tub of water. Heard my neighbour singing in the shower earlier, haven't heard him do that before, he must've gotten lucky this evening, *shudders at thought of him*. Just saw a guy piddling through a fence, while being stalked by his cat:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

You sure you don't mean 2006

The summer of 1995, now that was hot. I remember the skin peeling off my back in chunks, couldn't sleep for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

That tears it. I'm bringin the matress outside.

Good idea, i might sleep out the back garden tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

pebbles21 wrote: »
    I seen people buying Mc Donalds coffee and thowing it over themselves just to cool down..

What did you see?

Futurama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I hate the heat, it's oppressive during the day and uncomfortable at night. My house is like a furnace and it's worse upstairs. My skin feels itchy and my hair looks awful from the humidity. It's all fun and games in the sun now folks but give it a couple of days of restless nights and people will be ripping shreds off each other out of sheer cranky exhaustion.

• Advertisement

It must have got close to 30 degrees today, A few days in 05 and 06 were the same. 1995 is famous on these shores because of the prolonged run of hot weather.

We've had a real bad run of summers recently but today has to be above average for any typical Irish Summer day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

I didn't feel like a pint of Harp so it couldn't have been that hot.

It must have got close to 30 degrees today, A few days in 05 and 06 were the same. 1995 is famous on these shores because of the prolonged run of hot weather.

Not a hope of 30 where I was today. A nice strong sea breeze kept everything in the low 20s in real feel terms. Still pasty white with not a drop of sun screen on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

It was so hot today, half the population of Ireland came onto boards and made threads about the weather.

True story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

The summer of 1995, now that was hot. I remember the skin peeling off my back in chunks, couldn't sleep for a week.

I went for a piss once that summer and it came out like half-set jelly.

True story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

It was normal and what summers were like 6-7 years ago.

No they weren't.

We've had a terrible string of summers but weather like this still wasn't all that common. We hit the high 20s today. You might get a few days of that an average Irish summers, maybe, but usually low 20s is about the norm, with many high teens days. 30 degrees is a once in a decade kind of occurence (Met Eireann's own words) There's a gulf between this kind of weather and the weather of the last six summers.

The gulf is where a normal Irish summer usually lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

You were so hot today OP!! :mad:

Sorry its just all too much!

Not a hope of 30 where I was today. A nice strong sea breeze kept everything in the low 20s in real feel terms. Still pasty white with not a drop of sun screen on me.

Where I was inland in Tipperary I think it got close if not over, that said I say where you were by the coast was more comfortable. Still it's nice to get an oul blast of heat now and then without having to step on a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

In 30 years time kids of today will look back and say "Remember how the summers in our childhood were great" and forget about the crap we've had for last 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

It was in the high twenties where I was today, was 29.5 at one point. The humidity was pretty high as well according to google which would explain why it felt much hotter, today was the hottest day in recent memory for me anyway, real dead heat, I even got burnt which hasn't happened since I was a child.

Advertisement