Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Thanks for letting us know. :confused:

I guess I meant to say sitting out in the sun rather than full on power-tanning in a pair of speedos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I spent all winter (from last September to June) being freezing, wearing big jumpers, jackets and caps even in the house. I even used a hot water bottle last week.

This is great. Hope it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Mason Storm

The great thing about cold weather is that you can pretty much make yourself as warm as you like, but when it's this hot there's not much you can do to make yourself much colder, save for temporary measures like cold showers. This is especially important when trying to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

I even used a hot water bottle last week.
    Why do so many Irish women go on with the above utter weirdness? I reckon a lot of the "cold" they feel is all in the head. Last week wasn't as warm as this week but it was still mild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭a posse ad esse

I wish I was in Ireland experiencing that heat. Where I am at the humidex and heat is registering the other day as high as 40 C! I miss Irish summers.

• Advertisement

The great thing about cold weather is that you can pretty much make yourself as warm as you like, but when it's this hot there's not much you can do to make yourself much colder, save for temporary measures like cold showers. This is especially important when trying to sleep.

yes to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Dublinpato

Fun Fact when you look at the sun you're really looking back in time because it take's 8 minutes for the sun to reach earth so when you're looking up at it you're really looking at what the sun looked like 8 minutes ago.

BTW i hate the heat it make's me talk s*ite

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Cuck you cuckers. Today was glorious. Sitting on the roof drinking white wine and ginger beer. Impromptu bbq on the balcony. A pleasant cycle home. Feeling like I'm about to explode due to sausage and burger consumption. Buckets of chilled sparkling water. Washing the sweat off in a long shower. I would kill to have this weather for the whole summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I disagree. I hate having to put on loads of layers of clothes, and then still ending up absolutely freezing or getting hit in the face with bitter wind.

Your feet still end up cold when you're at home, you're still freezing in the morning times when you get out of bed, or when you get out of the shower. Heating costs a bomb, and we cant all heat every room to a nice temp.

If you want to go outside for less a few minutes you have to spend 5 minutes getting on adequate layers of clothing, or else just sla pa quick jacket on and bear the freezing air.

When you're warm, you can wear very light clothing or go topless/wear shorts at home. The cold is painfully bitter, the heat is at least nice on your skin.

tldr: I despise cold, and hate when people say great, because I'm sick to the stomach of how cold this country is all year around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

my granny used to say only mad dogs and irish men go out in the midday sun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

People in Ireland don't have domestic air conditioners for the most part, so when it does get hot here there is no escape unless you want to hang around the freezer aisle of your local supermarket all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Why wouldn't you want evenings like this.

Have they overstayed their welcome; have they threatened to continue on into the next week, let alone winter.... I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I hate the heat as well. I took the dog for a walk this morning about 9:30am and ended up in the house until 6pm because I was feeling sick, had a headache etc. I keep well hydrated but that happens to me every time. I also have hay fever. This sort of weather is unbearable to me. Roll on winter, bet the people telling us not to whinge about us being too warm will be the first to whinge about them being too cold.

Love all seasons, equally.

Now if only all seasons would reflect themselves equally.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I hate the heat as well. I took the dog for a walk this morning about 9:30am and ended up in the house until 6pm because I was feeling sick, had a headache etc. I keep well hydrated but that happens to me every time. I also have hay fever. This sort of weather is unbearable to me. Roll on winter, bet the people telling us not to whinge about us being too warm will be the first to whinge about them being too cold.

You can be damn sure I will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Its great.

**** becomes sweatier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I welcome our new heat/sun overlords.

It makes a lovely change from the never ending winter we endured.

Long may this age of blue skies, high temps and short clothing last!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭blingrhino

BBQ over , outside fire burning nicely and telling stories to the kids as MasterCard say - priceless .

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Carnegie

theres a sh1te aul stretch in the evenings now, its dark already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Any kinda hot weather generally lands me in the ****in bog with the ould lad and uncle. ****in scorched from head to toe and a severe inability to walk for 4-5 days afterwards. there isnt another country in the world retarded enough to cut turf. theres a special place in hell for whoever came up with the idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

This sort of weather is unbearable to me. Roll on winter, bet the people telling us not to whinge about us being too warm will be the first to whinge about them being too cold.
    Well yeh, it's kinda standard to complain about cold, wet, windy, grey weather!
    Why roll on winter? What about autumn when it's neither too warm nor too cold?
    Carnegie wrote: »
    theres a sh1te aul stretch in the evenings now, its dark already
    It's 10.20pm ffs - and it's not even pitch dark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

COYVB wrote: »
    It's like 26 degrees there FFS. That's not, in any way shape or form, approaching hot

If it feels hot to a person... then it's hot to that person. :confused:

Sultry. Arabian nights...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Seriously, we dont get weather like this during summer (or at all) in this country very much so even if your not mad on it just stay in the shade where possable, try to enjoy it, and make the most of it being like a proper summer! Sure we know it wont last all that long! :(
    This morning/afternoon was uncomfortably humid/sweaty but with no sun which wasnt great, but yesterday and this evening was gorgeous!
    Warm sunny weather like this makes you feel alive imho! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

If you want to rid of your hay fever, smoke cannabis. Seriously, it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Bless this wonderful gift of heat and general lassitude. I feel like Im living in the Bayou. Its a frame of mind thing I guess. I can just picture something sultry happening. Such sexy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

PMSL at all this bitching about the "heat".

I love it. Bring it on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

T-Maxx wrote: »
    PMSL at all this bitching about the "heat".

I love it. Bring it on!!!

I love heat during the day, not so much at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

I hate the heat as well. But in midlands that's the first hot weather in months really. So I am looking forward to some nice, sunny weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This is hilarious. Its not hot. Its a bit warm and sunny. Get a grip! Over 30 degrees is hot, we don't get hot weather in this country.

Advertisement