Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

Options
  • 13-05-2013 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Mr Ring, a regular face on Australia's Channel Seven, said the Irish public could finally expect some rays of sunshine this summer.
    He is recommending people take their summer holidays in Ireland in the first half of July or the second half of August.
    But he is also listing April 16 to April 25, May 12 to May 19 and June 17 to 25 as optimum times for booking a week in the sun in Ireland.

Just a small extract of Mr Ken Rings forcast for 2013. Now in the best time of May 12 to 19, bikini ready and sure i'd get a nice colour this week... purple that is, 8 degrees with hail today,more or less same all week.

Do you genuinely enjoy this weather? 345 votes

I love it, I feel so much more human.
    0% 0 votes
    F***ing hate it, intolerable bollocks.
    100% 345 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

He's talking out of his arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

It seems so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

He's sending them to their watery, dull and cloudy with frequent spots of showery graves. The monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It seems so.

You're just a Donegal Postman shill :p

ssshhhhhhhhh don't tell a soul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Good man Ken, we need turf and hay weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Nothing a few decades of the rosary can't sort OP. In your bikini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

In other news, Jean Byrne, the Irish weatherperson, has announced that the Zonda Wind will be particularly severe this year, with risks of avalanche in the Andes notably increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Did he give a time?

well if jean says it tis as good as gospel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

well if jean says it tis as good as gospel.

All I read was "well if jean says tits as good as gospel"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Mr Ring, a regular face on Australia's Channel Seven, said the Irish public could finally expect some rays of sunshine this summer.
    He is recommending people take their summer holidays in Ireland in the first half of July or the second half of August.
    But he is also listing April 16 to April 25, May 12 to May 19 and June 17 to 25 as optimum times for booking a week in the sun in Ireland.

Just a small extract of Mr Ken Rings forcast for 2013. Now in the best time of May 12 to 19, bikini ready and sure i'd get a nice colour this week... purple that is, 8 degrees with hail today,more or less same all week.

http://www.independent.ie/weather/weather-guru-ken-ring-says-were-in-for-a-summer-scorcher-28953806.html

He might be right, the weather has been really good so far in June. Hasn't been like that for many years.

But, he also had his Skeptics back in Jan 2013. Who'll end up being right?

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irelands-official-weather-service-dismisses-claims-of-a-long-hot-summer-185521982.html

i always have, i always will

though cold shower easy the pain :)

even as a kid i hated the heat i prefer the cold

how long is it gonna bloody last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

And I walk around in the Summer time saying 'How about this heat?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Until September hopefully:)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

In before the heated arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

432,546 seconds +/- 5,600 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Not a huge fan of heat either but I love the sun, and this level of heat is far, far preferable to the last couple of ludicrously cold summers. Just stay in the shade and keep hydrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I hate when irish people whinge and moan about a few days of nice weather. You'd swear we were in the Sahara.

It's Ireland. It pisses rain for most of the year. Everyone's always depressed. We get a few days of sun and people complain.

Just sit tight and enjoy it while it lasts. You can have your drab, grey depressing weather back soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

I love the heat, the more the merrier. I was in Africa, 52 degrees, bloody great. :D

Turn it up, baby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

its way too hot.Im covered in a heat rash and im overheating.I dont like this one bit.I will be having a cold shower soon.Even worse when you are in the centre of a town in a oven of a flat.twice as hot inside.I love rain btw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I was just thinking of starting a thread like this!:D I too can't stand it.. Once it passes 20 degrees ill drink 3+ ltrs a day, work more poorly, almost buy shade and sweat in volumes that would make Lee Evans recoil in horror! Ill take -10 any day!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

I was just thinking of starting a thread like this!:D I too can't stand it.. Once it passes 20 degrees ill drink 3+ ltrs a day, work more poorly, almost buy shade and sweat in volumes that would make Lee Evans recoil in horror! Ill take -10 any day!

Same here !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I love it the only thing i hate about the sun is the way some people go on, for example the face on them when they see ye wearing jeans or not fully naked like they think ye should be...also the guilt factor that you have to be seeing going the beach and coming back raw red....**** off!!! Il enjoy the sun my own way ye thick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

But it isn't hot?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

If we were lucky, and had this heat on a constant basis, we would be used to it.

But we don't, so we are not.

But what are you gonna do, lets make hay while the sun shines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

But it isn't hot?:confused:

+1

Its nice.....the weather we should be getting not the weather that would warrant a hose ban

Until September hopefully:)

I don't like you :mad: lol jk

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I hate when irish people whinge and moan about a few days of nice weather. You'd swear we were in the Sahara.

It's Ireland. It pisses rain for most of the year. Everyone's always depressed. We get a few days of sun and people complain.

Just sit tight and enjoy it while it lasts. You can have your drab, grey depressing weather back soon enough.

im not one of them I love the cold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

If you hate it that much you should just move to Ireland!

Advertisement