Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mackerel on the east coast (Mega mackerel merge!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 patgmail

sorry shameen but paddy you have a nerve complaining about off topic. you have taken every entry you made off topic. this was politely pointed out to you by at least 3 people apart from moderators so the thread could stay on topic but you ignored it and just got worse. mods have tried to pull you back but to no effect.

sorry mods-suspend me if you must but it has to be said that this deliberate pulling off topic has been allowed far too much leeway.

not camera date by the way paddy! CSI found you out!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Oh for the love of god.........:pac::pac::(

Anyway Im going off to Arklow tomorrow,or might even head for the West Coast.

I,ll take some pics (who knows,might even have the right date,or maybe it will say 1989 just to give some people something more to go off topic about and whinge even more about...:pac::pac::P)

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 patgmail

paddy147 wrote: »
    Oh for the love of god.........:pac::pac::(

Anyway Im going off to Arklow tomorrow night.

I,ll take some pics (who knows,might even have the right date,or maybe it will say 1989 just to give some people something more to whinge about...:pac::D)

I will post a report on site conditions,catches and techniques to successfully catch.

Regards.

you can save the condescending technique lessons and the pictures, just report on any mackerel caught from shore at the marks on the day, or their absences . not that you'd admit to none but will cover by mentioning the other species landed. that would do nicely.

patgmail wrote: »
    you can save the condescending technique lessons and the pictures, just report on any mackerel caught from shore at the marks on the day, or their absences . not that you'd admit to none but will cover by mentioning the other species landed. that would do nicely.

Oh look,I edited my last post....(let to complaining commence....:pac::pac:)

As posted above in my last post...I might now even hit the West Coast instead of Arklow.

I will see if I fancy a leisurely mid afternoon roadtrip.:D

Maybe you could post some pics too,of your recent fishing trips and catches from this thread.

I allready did ask you,but Im still waiting to see the pics of yours.
    But you have avoided me on that request.Its kinda funny that.:pac:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Is there any been caught on east of west pier in dun laoghrie?
    Herself isn't in work till late tomoro night and she wants to go on a walk so I'm gonna suggest it to her. She can go on a walk and I can fish.
    Not just macks either folks. Anything at all?

• Advertisement

Is there any been caught on east of west pier in dun laoghrie?
    Herself isn't in work till late tomoro night and she wants to go on a walk so I'm gonna suggest it to her. She can go on a walk and I can fish.
    Not just macks either folks. Anything at all?

Theres a few being caught down the very end of the West Pier.

Mate of mine was down there and he bagged a couple of them.

Had to cast a good distance out (150+ yards) to hit the shoal.Mackerel hit the feathers afater about 15 yards of him starting to reel back in.

He also had some issues with 2 small sailing boats purposely comming within 20 yards of the pierside,shouting at the anglers and giving the anglers the 2 fingered salute.:eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

locked to give everyone a chance to cool down. fishing is meant to be a relaxing sport lads!:)

we'll review it and decide how to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Mod: Reopened. A number of posters have been banned by admin for flaming. The original mod warnings stand.

Happy Mackerel Hunting everybody :)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

cool delighted to see the thread back opened it makes it handy for those not so near to coast was in slade last week albeit on a low tide couple of Pollack no mackerel though anyone being down there this week

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mystickey

A big shoal was there today morning at ballycotton (6-8) 5 guys including me caught loads of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Not a jot this evening. At Clogga Bay Wicklow. Good conditions just nothing happening :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

mystickey wrote: »
    A big shoal was there today morning at ballycotton (6-8) 5 guys including me caught loads of it

Ballycotton? Cork? East coast?

Ballycotton? Cork? East coast?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Yes

South Coast. I live 10 mins from there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

SeaFields wrote: »
    Mod: Reopened. A number of posters have been banned by admin for flaming. The original mod warnings stand.

Happy Mackerel Hunting everybody :)

What does "flaming"mean?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Yes

And it's in the EAST COAST thread?

Since when did Cork move to the East Coast?

And it's in the EAST COAST thread?

Since when did Cork move to the East Coast?

I just wanted others to know where some macks. Could be caught if it is off topic the mods can delete them, happy?:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Maudi wrote: »
    What does "flaming"mean?

Cooking their mackerel on a bbq. The mods round here are committed fry cooks you see. :)

Only joking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_(Internet)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 recalled

I prefer other forms of fishing g but always look forward to mack season to build up the reserves of bait and have some fun. I have never seen the east coastal slow.

• Advertisement

Just back from mackerel and conger eel fishing in Clifden..in a mere 4 feet of water.:)

My mate hammered the mackerel out of it earlier today at The Lions Head in Howth....(20 in under an hour).

Mackerel then suddenly dropped off and nothing for the next 2 hours.

He went with only 1 rod,1 reel and a very small backpack with some feathers and weights.

Lions Head is a very steep decent down to a small cliff face.Its needs some time and some guts to get down to,so if you are going to try it,then travel as light as you possibly can.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Is anybody catching them at all around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Arrived at Howth 8.30am left 2pm.

Fished all around Balscadden in two kayaks, used feather,float,bait and all we got was 2 small joeys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jimy1971

Anything being caught around Hook Head/ Fethard on Sea ?
    Heading down Saturday for 2 weeks and hoping to do a bit of fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

Anymore cuught around Poolbeg or the Half Moon ??

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gumpy2

gumbo1 wrote: »
    Is anybody catching them at all around Dublin?

was out yesterday catching them from the rocks at howth, not crazy numbers of them but came home with 6 in a short period of fishing

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

gumpy2 wrote: »
    was out yesterday catching them from the rocks at howth, not crazy numbers of them but came home with 6 in a short period of fishing

Was that at the west pier ?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gumpy2

exador wrote: »
    Was that at the west pier ?

no just up over the east pier, the road goes up a hill to the right hand side, just over the wall there,

i saw 1 mackerel caught from the west pier and there was a good few people fishing there

gumpy2 wrote: »
    no just up over the east pier, the road goes up a hill to the right hand side, just over the wall there,

i saw 1 mackerel caught from the west pier and there was a good few people fishing there

West Pier is too crowded,people who dont have a clue how to cast and they cross your line,tourists in your face every second.

Kids runninhg everywhere and nearly getting hooked in the feathers.

Then add in all the pleasure craft and jet skis whizzing in and out close to the harbour and its an even worse place to try and fish from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Macks in on the west coast...people leaving the pier in enniscrone on Friday with bags full...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement