Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mackerel on the east coast (Mega mackerel merge!)

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

Hi Robbie67,
    Yes, although they are thinning out now there are still a few shoals left knocking about. I was still catching a nice few around Killiney direction (Silver and Pink feathers were doing the trick) , not sure about Malahide, but I would say that they are still knocking around there too as mates of mine were still catching up at Drogheda last week.
    Best of luck buddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

Thanks for the reply as far as i know we are going out to the kish lighthouse but we usually try to catch a few mackerel for bait and with a bit of luck a few for later

Hi lads,
    I went out on Friday afternoon with a friend to Dalkey and I knew we were in trouble when a Red and White Coastguard Helicopter was circling the area as the sea was very rough!! We only stayed for about 2 hours, got drenched to the skin, no mackerel and a solitary baby cod on feathers, which was returned to fight again of course, to show for our efforts:D.

Did anyone have success over the weekend on the Mack front?? :confused:
    I went back down for a drive on Saturday afternoon and a few lads were fishing but also no luck as the area was very weedy due to the heavy seas.

Hi lads, I think that the game is up for the Mack's! I went out today to Dalkey and only caught a few small cod (all returned),about 5 anglers only hit 2 mackerel in about 4 hours. I heard that herring were now in at Dun Laoghaire, can anyone confirm, as I am told that they can be good crack to fish for too??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Mod: It seems the mackerel are gone for another year so we'll lock this up and those wanting to cast a line over the winter can post their adventures here

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement