Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

i am deffo gonna try wan out and see what the hype is about :)

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    You must be getting your wraps in Centra or somewhere if you're only paying €3/4

Give this place a try and you'll taste the difference. You don't get that horrible bloated feeling like you do after a kebab! (Although I do love that sometimes aswell :P )

I find they're great value for money, and you can get a beer for €3.50 too!

I see on Facebook that there's some new additions to the menu, so there should be something for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Tried a badass burrito just now. It was gorgeous. I'd highly recommend the pork, got it with pinto beans, rice, hot chipolte, pico callo and jack cheese. Will definitely try the inferno sauce next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Got two over the weekend - Pork and chicken and went halfsies with her indoors

Well impressed I must say - up there with anything you'll get in Pablo's in Dublin.

Will def be going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

gah, im hungry now thinking of it! I'll have to get one later!

What time does it close at?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Just had one there, and I want hotter!!! I had the inferno sauce. Maybe I should have gotten jalapeños...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Reildogg

Had this when they first opened and was not great, has really upped its game since then though; it was a lot nicer today. Having said that, the portions are borderline farcical. People who have said they compare to Pablos or Boojum or one of the other good places in Dublin are deluded- the size of the pork burrito I got was tiny, as much bread as anything else almost. I am aware that as the place is nowhere near as busy it might not be financially viable to give decent portions but if she wants me to go more frequently than 3/4 times a year, size has to be increased by 50% I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭letsdothis

Reildogg wrote: »
    Had this when they first opened and was not great, has really upped its game since then though; it was a lot nicer today. Having said that, the portions are borderline farcical. People who have said they compare to Pablos or Boojum or one of the other good places in Dublin are deluded- the size of the pork burrito I got was tiny, as much bread as anything else almost. I am aware that as the place is nowhere near as busy it might not be financially viable to give decent portions but if she wants me to go more frequently than 3/4 times a year, size has to be increased by 50% I would say.

Have to agree 100% with this. The quality has gone up but the last two times I went here the burrito was comically small. They have also changed the pricing structure so that you get two out sour cream, cheese, guac, jaleapenos and pico de gallo, any additional are 50c extra. Ridiculous. It's like the Ryanair model for burrito. Why not just charge an appropriate price for the burrito and not charge extra for standard fillings? Also, the last time I went there no Jalapenos or Guacamole. I wanted this place to succeed so badly but now I'm wondering if I'll even go again. If I felt that I was getting value for money, I would easily go weekly, if not more frequently. I feel bad for the owner, who seems to really care about the business and for the city, which needs to have a burrito bar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

letsdothis wrote: »
    Have to agree 100% with this. The quality has gone up but the last two times I went here the burrito was comically small. They have also changed the pricing structure so that you get two out sour cream, cheese, guac, jaleapenos and pico de gallo, any additional are 50c extra. Ridiculous. It's like the Ryanair model for burrito. Why not just charge an appropriate price for the burrito and not charge extra for standard fillings? Also, the last time I went there no Jalapenos or Guacamole. I wanted this place to succeed so badly but now I'm wondering if I'll even go again. If I felt that I was getting value for money, I would easily go weekly, if not more frequently. I feel bad for the owner, who seems to really care about the business and for the city, which needs to have a burrito bar!

Totally agree. Was not impressed at the weekend to be told this craic with extra toppings being charged for...especially when that was not the case before. I am a big fan, but will not be going in there too often if they go down this road. 6.50 is enough as it stands tbh. the portions do not warrant 50c for an old sprinkly of cheese or a few jalapenos.

Happy enough to pay 6.50 but not if I have to pay for "extras" that are not really extras. The portions are becoming an issue for me at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I'd be thinking the same as previous posters. For €6.50 I want to be leaving the place relatively full, but you'd be hungry for more after the portion size there. You can get a main course dinner for €8 at lunch time around town, which represents much better value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I agree. I was a fan of the place when it first opened but the portions sizes have gone down ALLOT since then. Won't be going back anytime soon unless they make sure I am full when I leave.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ask for extra. :P

FutureGuy wrote: »

And pay 50c ?

They've changed the system on this one too where burrito orders are taken and the main filling (meat or veg) is added in the kitchen and the other fillings (2 free, 50c for any additional) are added in front of you. On a previous recent visit, the whole thing was prepared by the kitchen.

Went here again the other night and ordered a veggie burrito. The burrito was as small as is now the norm but this time came with almost raw vegetables including huge slices of white onions. If it wasn't for the fact that I saw the girl swirling them around in a pan for a few seconds, I'd swear the were actually raw. I'm officially done with this place now, unfortunately. Only think that will bring me back is a few outstanding reviews and assurances of decent sized burritos. Terrible pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Haven't really been impressed by this place either. I had the chicken but the burrito was pretty small and the hot sauce wasn't hot at all. I ended up adding Franks Hot Sauce to it myself. Next time I went for the steak with inferno sauce but I had to throw it in the bin. The steak was rank, tasted like cubed meat from a can. The inferno sauce wasn't hot at all. Franks Hot Sauce is hotter and even that is pretty mild.

They need to vastly improve - especially on the portions, the hot sauce and the steak.

They've changed the system on this one too where burrito orders are taken and then prepared away from the customer in a kitchen. I've ordered by asking for lots of this or lots of that and it makes no difference.

Went here again the other night and ordered a veggie burrito. The burrito was as small as is now the norm but this time came with almost raw vegetables including huge slices of white onions. If it wasn't for the fact that I saw the girl swirling them around in a pan for a few seconds, I'd swear the were actually raw. I'm officially done with this place now, unfortunately. Only think that will bring me back is a few outstanding reviews and assurances of decent sized burritos. Terrible pity.

Really? Ah that's a big no-no for any burrito place tbf. Really disappointing :( You need to see how much of everything is being put in there. I like less cheese, more rice etc.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

When did they start doing that? I was in there last Sunday week and it was put together in front of me.

Really? Ah that's a big no-no for any burrito place tbf. Really disappointing :( You need to see how much of everything is being put in there. I like less cheese, more rice etc.

Actually, no, not really. I should clarify and will amend my original post also because I don't want to misrepresent what happened. The second last time I was there, it was all prepared in the kitchen. This must have been an interim measure because their equipment appears to have changed and when I went there earlier this week, the system was that meat and veg (i.e. the main fillings) were looked after by the kitchen and the extras (the ones you get 2 free, 50c for additional) were done in front of you. Still far from ideal.

Actually, no, not really. I should clarify and will amend my original post also because I don't want to misrepresent what happened. The second last time I was there, it was all prepared in the kitchen. This must have been an interim measure because their equipment appears to have changed and when I went there earlier this week, the system was that meat and veg (i.e. the main fillings) were looked after by the kitchen and the extras (the ones you get 2 free, 50c for additional) were done in front of you. Still far from ideal.

Ok, I was wondering about it tbh. I was in there last Thursday and got a huge burrito made in front of me.

Ok, I was wondering about it tbh. I was in there last Thursday and got a huge burrito made in front of me.

What's your secret???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

What's your secret???

positive reviews ?

positive reviews ?

....won't make this particular business successful

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

I have been a regular visitor here and the lady who runs it is lovely , always happy with the food but tonight when I ordered on just eat.ie I was disappointed.
    Took over an hour for delivery, they were out of pork so I ordered mince, it was disgusting.
    A bit of digging around revealed it to be like a big quarter pounder cut up into large grey chunks, no sour cream as ordered.
    Husband ordered Guacamole sauce on his burrito he got slices of avocado ????? food was freezing cold., wanted this place to do really well but this is shocking bad. .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Reildogg

Just back from lunch in Badass and have to admit it has seriously upped its game. Size, while still slightly small, is much improved- the amount of meat improved accordingly. I went in with "this is its last chance" thoughts and I was impressed. Still room for improvements, but the trajectory is definitely positive. It also tasted a good bit nicer. Will now definitely head back at some point.

Just back from lunch in Badass and have to admit it has seriously upped its game. Size, while still slightly small, is much improved- the amount of meat improved accordingly. I went in with "this is its last chance" thoughts and I was impressed. Still room for improvements, but the trajectory is definitely positive. It also tasted a good bit nicer. Will now definitely head back at some point.

TBH I havent seen any major improvements at all. They are still heating the wrap in the microwave and i really have an issue paying for more than 2 toppings.

Went to Casa de burritos in Ennis and it is far better. Much bigger burritos. Whatever you want on it plus a can for €6. They also do fajitas, quesadillas etc and is a far more professional place. Different level altogether and no paying for extras. No microwaves here either Only issue is it is in ennis.

Badass need to up their game in a big way imo...and I was a regular when they opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Was back in there recently to give it another go and agree the portion size was a big improvement. Still though, the place seems to be lacking something.

Yeah unfortunately I stopped going in there too. I haven't been in there for about 3 weeks. Asked for a little extra meat and just the usual rice (nothing else in there).

7.50. that would be 9 euro including a can of mineral.

That's too expensive tbh. Bar Buritos will get you a burrito and drink for less.

The fact that they are restaurant specialing in burritos and they have yet to get the proper appliance to heat the burritos (and the wrong wraps) is pretty unforgivable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What are the correct wraps?and heating appliance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

bigpink wrote: »

Dunno about what the correct wraps are but they are not meant to be microwaved at all.

Whenever I use tortillas I usually warm them up in a dry skillet on a medium flame for about 30 seconds on each side. The tortillas have to be fresh for this though.

Another way is to heat them in an oven. I am sure there is better ways for a restaurant to do it though. A microwave is pretty much the complete wrong way to do it.

• Advertisement

bigpink wrote: »

Dunno what you call it but anywhere else i've had burritos its a hinged hot plate, like a George foreman without the ridges on the plate. A microwave is just so wrong.

Boojum in Dublin and Galway do the whole thing very well.. although the meat is nicer in Badass imo.

Advertisement