Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

banie01 wrote: »
    A perfect case in point would be the sauces, no change in intensity or quality despite acknowledging it as an issue in July.
    The owner agreed the sauces were an issue, undertook to actually do something about it, and did???
    S.F.A....

That's being a bit unfair to her. They did introduce a hotter salsa. I noticed the difference the first time I tried it. They just don't give you enough of it, and if you get hotter stuff elsewhere then it's obviously still going to be milder in contrast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yep, that's right. Nail on the head. I have nothing better to do than post false reviews on the eateries I frequent.

Thankfully, I don't care what you think. I vote with my feet. She has had months to make basic changes to the place. Nope, showing movies seems to be more important than getting rid of the microwave and get proper wraps.

Looking at the way it's run, it makes me very confident about my prospects if I ever opened a business.

Well why don't you open up your own burrito place then? Or you could always go to the other ones which are plentiful throughout Limerick...

How long is the place open? She's probably still finding her feet. No wonder places like this end up closing in Limerick with such harsh criticism. Fair enough I understand that it's not 100% but give it time! The pizza company that was in there was very nice and that closed down too. Limerick needs more shops and variety about the town and if people are expecting everything to be hunky dory within a few months then it won't ever happen.

There you go, gears grinded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    Well why don't you open up your own burrito place then? Or you could always go to the other ones which are plentiful throughout Limerick...

How long is the place open? She's probably still finding her feet. No wonder places like this end up closing in Limerick with such harsh criticism. Fair enough I understand that it's not 100% but give it time! The pizza company that was in there was very nice and that closed down too. Limerick needs more shops and variety about the town and if people are expecting everything to be hunky dory within a few months then it won't ever happen.

It should 100% be hunkey dory within a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

It shouldn't take months to make your "inferno sauce" hotter than ketchup.

It's not like the issues raised haven't been made known to the owner. They have, weeks ago. Nothing was done, despite promises.

Pointing out the silly business moves like closing for two weeks to go on holidays or setting up a mini cinema when you still don't do the wraps right is hardly the customers fault.

Nor is it the customers fault for expecting them to have staples like guacamole when you order a burrito.

I'm sorry but they've been given enough time to get the most basic things right.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

You're obviously an authority on the place. Speaking as someone who has eaten there a number of times, it's bang average and it's been open months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

vkid wrote: »
    Was in the place in ennis again and it puts this place to shame. There was obviously a new guy there and he was being shown the right way to construct the burrito so that you get a bit of everything in each bite. Its not just lumping everything into the middle like they do in badass. Was interesting to watch. Only disadvantage is they dont do pork just chicken or beef. They do quesadillas. Tacos. Fajitas and more though so worth a visit if in ennis. 6.50 for everything and a can if coke is good value. No charging for extras and no microwaves either

Was in the place in Ennis today and got an (amazing) burrito and can for €5! Great value and really good!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Because I have the common sense that I know nothing about running a restaurant and therefore I won't open a place.

It does not take months to change the sauce or replace the microwave or change the lighting to make it look, you know, open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Have eaten here a few time recently and the quality has improved! Seams a good bit busier too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I haven't read this thread from the beginning - and not intending to - just posting my humble opinion. Was in there last Saturday im shamed to say for the first time. If im being honest I went to the Sushi place first - but it was packed out.

The Burritos place was empty when i went in so service was super fast. The lady was very nice and I got what I consider to be an excellent made Burrito with pork and all the trimmings. It reminded me of a great spot i frequented back in college. Fun fact, it was called Burrito madness, and it was actually Dave from Daves Insanity sauce, he eventually moved to California and made a mint.

I hope that the Burrito place survives - and that more people give it a go. I will deffo go back this week next time im in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Tefral

Was in there yesterday at lunch time, ordered a Burrito to take away, havent been in there since about a week after it opened mainly due to this thread.

Well i got the burrito and to say its increased in size is an understatement, it was thicker than a can of coke. I love spicy food and the inferno sauce even with the Jalapenos didnt do anything for me. I wonder if they put the sauce on first and then built the rest of it would it make a difference? So that your first taste would be the sauce and then the filling...

Anyway, it was actually nice and its much better value for money. Still Nuking the wrap though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭banie01

cronin_j wrote: »
    Was in there yesterday at lunch time, ordered a Burrito to take away, havent been in there since about a week after it opened mainly due to this thread.

Well i got the burrito and to say its increased in size is an understatement, it was thicker than a can of coke. I love spicy food and the inferno sauce even with the Jalapenos didnt do anything for me. I wonder if they put the sauce on first and then built the rest of it would it make a difference? So that your first taste would be the sauce and then the filling...

Anyway, it was actually nice and its much better value for money. Still Nuking the wrap though :(

I was just about to post similar re: the portion sizes :)
    Was in there the other day and it is improving in that regard.
    Nice to see some improvements, and hopefully the sauce's will pick up too.
    As I said even when I was critiquing the place portion size and sauces would go a huge way towards improving their offering.
    I'm glad to see its going the right way!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I popped into Boojum in Dublin yesterday. The pico di gallo (50c) and the guacamole (75c) are listed among the optional extras, with extra meat and one or two other things. Sour cream and grated cheese don't cost extra.

Just posting that for anyone who was giving out about having to pay "extra" in Badass. ;)

So I'm done with the place.

After asking her if she was going to be getting a presser instead of the microwave (after I had ordered a burrito), she got really pissy at me. I even told her that a number of people were asking the same thing and she became very aggressive that she wasn't, and that I (and others) can with buy from her or go somewhere else.

After telling me how Mexico and San Francisco don't use a presser, she decided to insult my grammar, my intelligence and proceeded to say "duh duh duh" after my replies. That was in front of about 5 customers.

I'd be hilarious if it weren't true.

Not a cent will she be getting from me. The single most ignorant human being that I have ever come across. She is living in a fantasy world where she alone is right.

When it closes, and it will I'm sure, I will be outside laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

So I'm done with the place.

After asking her if she was going to be getting a presser instead of the microwave (after I had ordered a burrito), she got really pissy at me. I even told her that a number of people were asking the same thing and she became very aggressive that she wasn't, and that I (and others) can with buy from her or go somewhere else.

After telling me how Mexico and San Francisco don't use a presser, she decided to insult my grammar, my intelligence and proceeded to say "duh duh duh" after my replies. That was in front of about 5 customers.

I'd be hilarious if it weren't true.

Not a cent will she be getting from me. The single most ignorant human being that I have ever come across. She is living in a fantasy world where she alone is right.

I walked in during that and you came across as a bit of a prick tbh, even if she was rude to you. She asked you to leave so she could serve and you were there getting aggressive and ranting. All you had to do was just leave the place and don't come back but you were clearly hankering for an argument. I had to walk out without getting my food because of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Much preferred your original post Futureguy for the lolz tbhtbf :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

PWNED!

magma69 wrote: »
    I walked in during that and you came across as a bit of a prick tbh, even if she was rude to you. She asked you to leave so she could serve and you were there getting aggressive and ranting. All you had to do was just leave the place and don't come back but you were clearly hankering for an argument. I had to walk out without getting my food because of you.

You walked in during it? Would you have remained calm if she was insulting your grammar and going "dur dur dur" when you are trying to make a point? Would you walk out when you are being insulted and mocked? She was serving me at the time and then started to ignore me.

I gave her some friendly advice by asking a question. The advice that many people would give her. I got ****ed out of it. Remember I was in there getting a burrito myself and I asked a simple question. She started insulting me. She told me she was a veteran of 30 years and was tired of being told what to do.

If you think that im going to walk away from that type of abuse, you're wrong.

Yes I was angry. I dare anyone not to be in that situation. I'm sorry you didn't get a burrito but no way I'm taking that sort of abuse.

Last week she embarrassed the living day lights out of a well dressed woman because she had the audacity to go to the bathroom before ordering. Again, in front of others. I actually walked out when she did that to her. The woman was almost in tears outside.

In fairness she promised months ago to get one. It is a very shoddy operation.

In fairness she promised months ago to get one. It is a very shoddy operation.

Well as I found out today, she has no intention of getting one. I was basically told tough and that "people like you" can take your money and go elsewhere.

I already have, not to worry. Just had a lovely beef burrito that I made myself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Ivan_itch

Ah well, at least she is not overcharging by €200 :pac:
    Amirite Future?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The single most ignorant human being that I have ever come across.

Sounds like she's not the only ignorant one:

osarusan wrote: »
    Sounds like she's not the only ignorant one:

Get off your high horse dude. Unless you would take that type of abuse and simply walk out, then of course you are a far better person that I am. Clearly.

And yes, if I hear that a store owner is being that rude to customers, then I do feel they deserve to shut. Hopefully someone with a bit of manners will open up a burritos place instead.

Anyways I'm done with it. More important things in the world than to stay annoyed by her actions. I won't be going in there. Many of my friends won't be going in there. A few boardsies who PM ed won't be going in there.

You reap what you sow.

they were open last night until 2am according to their facebook. In the middle of the worst storm in 16 years. Must have done a roaring trade lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Windows covered in papers, sign taken down. It would appear badass burritos is no more. Anybody know anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Would they put newspaper on the windows and take down the sign for plumbing issues?! I had dealings with a business that was in that building before and the if they are experiencing the same problems, it's not just a leaky pipe. Still I hope they open elsewhere. It's a nice alternative to chipper etc

ian87 wrote: »
    Would they put newspaper on the windows and take down the sign for plumbing issues?! I had dealings with a business that was in that building before and the if they are experiencing the same problems, it's not just a leaky pipe. Still I hope they open elsewhere. It's a nice alternative to chipper etc

Read the comments under that. They're looking at moving to Cruise's Street:
    Can't say yet as its not signed yet but it going to be on Cruises Street !!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

What a terrible time for that type of business to be closed. I'd say that they'd have done a month's worth of business today, tomorrow and Monday if they were open. Burritos are perfect 6 nations win celebrating/parade watching/post parade/soakage during a day of drinking food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

anyone any clue when we can expect a burrito return

Advertisement