Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

So is it closed down then?

EDIT: Facebook has this, posted 21 hours ago
    Hi Guys

So nothing on Thomas Street right now so just going to hold out for the right spot .......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

damn, thomas street would work lovely too actually

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

They don't seem to know how to run a business said Crusies St and Thomas street,they would need to get open somewhere soon
    With Munster match and Riverfest some good business going

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I get the impression the owner sees it more as a hobby than a business.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

bigpink wrote: »
    They don't seem to know how to run a business said Crusies St and Thomas street,they would need to get open somewhere soon
    With Munster match and Riverfest some good business going

Who said that? Is there some committee that says whether a certain business can open somewhere or not? I'm genuinely curious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Obviously the lady doesn't know how to run a business. Was in their before it closed, she was very rude to the person in front of me and the burritos was average at best.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Who said that? Is there some committee that says whether a certain business can open somewhere or not? I'm genuinely curious?

The (former) owner. First she said they were moving to Cruises St. Then when that was nixed she said they would be opening in Thomas St, which has since been nixed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

iguana wrote: »
    The (former) owner. First she said they were moving to Cruises St. Then when that was nixed she said they would be opening in Thomas St, which has since been nixed too.

Yeah, smells like total BS to me!

iguana wrote: »

Ah ok. Gotcha! :D

I honestly can't see them opening up again because there was barely a sinner in there most of the time when other restaurants (even Woking) were jammers, but as someone said, she seems to treat it as a hobby rather than a bonafide business so she may reopen sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

It always looked messy/dirty from the outside what with Xmas lights on the window in Feb. I was never tempted to go in there despite being a lover of Mexican food. The Japanese place however is a roaring success and The Wokking is still going strong!

• Advertisement

Parchment wrote: »
    It always looked messy/dirty from the outside what with Xmas lights on the window in Feb. I was never tempted to go in there despite being a lover of Mexican food. The Japanese place however is a roaring success and The Wokking is still going strong!

The Japanese is fantastic, the Thai place is beautiful and Woking is still the way to do for a treat :D

We are lucky that we have so much choice in that area, and it was always likely that someone would drop by the wayside. Survival of the tastiest and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

The Japanese is fantastic, the Thai place is beautiful and Woking is still the way to do for a treat :D

We are lucky that we have so much choice in that area, and it was always likely that someone would drop by the wayside. Survival of the tastiest and all that.

I wasnt gone on Kaya at all but The Wokking is an old favourite and the Japanese place is fab!

Boojum is only a spin away in Galway!

Parchment wrote: »
    I wasnt gone on Kaya at all but The Wokking is an old favourite and the Japanese place is fab!

Boojum is only a spin away in Galway!

Burritos and Blues are also open in Cork City so we aren't far from one if we want :) I'm either in Galway, Cork or Dublin twice a month so that satisfies my needs.

The Texas Steakhouse does a mean burrito too :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I got awful cravings last week and made my own burritos at home. Chilli mince, Uncle Ben's Mexican rice, Discovery Mexican re-fried beans, Old El Paso guacamole and hot salsa, Frank's hot sauce. Ended up eating 5 of the things. Unreal. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

An File wrote: »
    I got awful cravings last week and made my own burritos at home. Chilli mince, Uncle Ben's Mexican rice, Discovery Mexican re-fried beans, Old El Paso guacamole and hot salsa, Frank's hot sauce. Ended up eating 5 of the things. Unreal. :pac:

Started doing them myself as well. Mainly use chicken flavoured with herbs and spices. Uncle Bens Mexican rice ( although its easy make some with some tumeric, crushed garlic etc and sometimes a lime rice which is bootifull ). home made guacamole(its so easy), homemade salsa with a shedload of chillies, jalapenos, sour cream, cheddar cheese with habaneros, franks hot sauce, and another I got online which is fab...and some pinto beans,. Planning on some slow cooked pork this weekend for more. Its not rocket science to make them at home.

But its nice to have somewhere to pop into every now and again. I hit Boojum every now and again in Galway, which is decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

So I'm done with the place.

After asking her if she was going to be getting a presser instead of the microwave (after I had ordered a burrito), she got really pissy at me. I even told her that a number of people were asking the same thing and she became very aggressive that she wasn't, and that I (and others) can with buy from her or go somewhere else.

After telling me how Mexico and San Francisco don't use a presser, she decided to insult my grammar, my intelligence and proceeded to say "duh duh duh" after my replies. That was in front of about 5 customers.

I think what has been very confusing is that the owner has been saying one thing and then doing another. I brought up the presser/microwave thing when it first opened, and the owner stated on their facebook that they were ordering a presser. I went in about three months afterwards and they were still using the microwave. Now, they are saying that they have no intention of buying a presser. This is a major turn off for me, not just the use of the microwave, but also just not being told the truth. Even if this opened up again, I wouldn't go in tbh.

More positively, I went into Kaya last weekend. Pad Thai was to die for, and customer service was great. I will definitely be frequenting more often.

panda100 wrote: »
    I think what has been very confusing is that the owner has been saying one thing and then doing another. I brought up the presser/microwave thing when it first opened, and the owner stated on their facebook that they were ordering a presser. I went in about three months afterwards and they were still using the microwave. Now, they are saying that they have no intention of buying a presser. This is a major turn off for me, not just the use of the microwave, but also just not being told the truth. Even if this opened up again, I wouldn't go in tbh.

More positively, I went into Kaya last weekend. Pad Thai was to die for, and customer service was great. I will definitely be frequenting more often.

She has no intention of getting a presser ever because, according to her, they should be done in the microwave and anyone that doesn't like it can go somewhere else.

Apparently that how they do it in San Francisco.

Yeah Kaya have great offers and the food is savage to be fair. Damn I want some now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ozerec

Just stumbled across this thread and I have to say I agree with everything being said, she lied constantly from day 1, making promises to sort this and that and failed to deliver.

I actually know one of the people who worked for her and they said she was a nightmare to work for, they would show up and be told that they only had half of the ingredients/meats for that day and if anyone complained tough. She would also sometimes only give them one hour notice before they had to be in for work, ridiculous, no wonder she was doing most of the hours by herself at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

There's talk over in limerick businesses opening we shall see a return of bad as burritos in Catherine st somewhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭893bet

ian87 wrote: »
    There's talk over in limerick businesses opening we shall see a return of bad as burritos in Catherine st somewhere..

Sher is they have power there that she can plug the microwave in then she is good to go.

• Advertisement

Well my prayers have been answered as the fabulous Casa de Burritos from Ennis are opening up very soon in the city.

These lads are the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Tefral

Well my prayers have been answered as the fabulous Casa de Burritos from Ennis are opening up very soon in the city.

These lads are the business.

Do ya know where?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Was walking down Catherine St yesterday and saw that familiar Badass Burritos insignia on a previously empty shop-lot. The outside has been done up but there's obviously still work to do inside.

It's just across from the Fine Wines off-licence on the corner. Will surely be open in the coming days/weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Tefral

Looks like its open again! Took this picture passing going to work this morning

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They announced on Facebook that they were re-opening yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

cronin_j wrote: »
    Looks like its open again! Took this picture passing going to work this morning

Get a massage and a burrito.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

An File wrote: »
    They announced on Facebook that they were re-opening yesterday.

I'll give it a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

The new burrito place from Ennis has it's signage up! It's opening on High Street!

Can't wait to try it out :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Was that where the wild onion was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

bigpink wrote: »
    Was that where the wild onion was

Yes, same place

Advertisement