Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Benjani

padma wrote: »
    Little bit suspicious two first time posters, posting bad reviews.

I would certainly return in the future in hope that it has improved. It must be said that it's locally owned and the women seem like they're only feeling themselves into the business. It's not as if it's a chain that has been opened.

They need time to develop themselves and I hope that they do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

Quick question for those who have eaten there... are the tortilla's home made, or are they the usual stuff you'd be given if you bought a wrap at a deli? This makes a huge difference!

They're from a packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Hi All Just wanted to address some of the reviews on Boards.ie ... Yes the Salsa's need to be hotter and they will be !!! the microwave your right I 've ordered a grill to heat up the tortillas and yes ,yes ,yes the beans need more depth .... and I'm delighted with the feedback ...... No were not a chain and I'm a local Born and Bread Limerick Girl...... Please give us a chance were only open a week today !!!! Thanks Mags PS I will post this on boards as soon as I set up an account

she posted this on FB. Fair enough i think, won massive respect from me anyway, and I havent eaten there yet. Great to see feedback taken on board. Hope the palce does well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Born and "bread". :D Wasn't there a thread here a few years ago about sodacakes in Thomondgate?

But kudos for the quick turnaround in responding to customer feedback. That's impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

I mentioned this thread when i was back in there last night so its great to see that. Also rumour of Californian burrito in the future :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

They ran out of food earlier :)

Yeah I saw that happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Fintc wrote: »
    Went there the other day bit of a weird set up tables and chairs are like something that were pulled out of an old club house! The food was ok, pork was nice , microwaved wraps (right in front of you) , beans were undercooked an hard.

I really wanted this place to be nice , limerick was in need for a burrito place. Hopefully they'll improve , but first impression wasn't great!

I take your point on the decor, its not flash..but to my mind you can see this is something that is just starting out, probably on a shoestring budget...but to me it felt like something that was being done from the heart. There was one table near the couner, which just has a rug thing on it and no seats which seemed totally pointless..but they were only open a couple of days

The lady behind the counter is superb....anyone who hadnt a clue what they were ordering was walked through the menu and that is to be commended. Might take a bit longer but worth it I thought.

The microwave was a little bit of a stcking point for me too, but a small one. Just not a fan of micro waves..but if i hadnt seen it, I probably wouldnt have noticed. My beans were fine. Had the pinto beans

Delighted they are taking on board the comments..especially regarding the chilli sauce. The "intense" one was ..well.. not very intense but I can see why the may not want to burn the mouth off people when just open. Allowing people to try the sauces is a good move..so they could probably afford to be a bit more adventurous in that regard

I wish them well anyway and if they make changes based on feedback, they will do well. Hope they start to open later at the weekend too. They should do very well in the after pub/ club trade...beats the usual places hand down.

Whatever happens, I hope they don't lose the personal touch of the place. The staff are really excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Excellent service and good to see they are taking customer feedback on board. Food was very good too!

Only advice I would have is to give the place a more Mexican feel in terms of decoration. But I'm guessing that will come with time.

There was also a smell coming from the toilets too but again hopefully this can be addressed :)

Like most people in this thread, would love to see this business thrive and succeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

was in there today and it was pretty fecking good! i'm no burrito expert but it was probably as good as pablo's/boojum in dublin. the pork carnita was delicious. only thing is i'd like some cremosa sauce like pablo. good value at 6.50. will definitely be going back anytime i'm in limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Fintc

padma wrote: »
    Little bit suspicious two first time posters, posting bad reviews.

Why would this be suspicious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Because two people, in a row joined boards.ie simply to give a bad review of a new restaurant in the city centre. That's why it's suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

Generally when first time posters come on and give a terrible review, they're usually from a competitor or someone with an interest in the business failing.

A glowing review, they're usually from the business or are friends with the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fintc

source wrote: »
    Generally when first time posters come on and give a terrible review, they're usually from a competitor or someone with an interest in the business failing.

A glowing review, they're usually from the business or are friends with the owner.

Just wanted to share with I thought! Couldn't be a competitor since only burrito bar in limerick! Can't speak for the other person!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Benjani

Just wanted to share with I thought! Couldn't be a competitor since only burrito bar in limerick! Can't speak for the other person!

Came on to share my experience of it when I found the thread after a google search. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Right so 2 new users appear and do nothing on boards but give the place negative feedback while pretty much everyone else is happy with the food. Seems like some competitor is worried about the place :D

Had the pork burrito today. One of the nicest burritos I have ever had. Will be getting the same tomorrow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I introduced one of the lads to this place today. Both of us had chicken, pinto beans and the inferno salsa, I had guacamole and my friend had cheese.

The new salsa is soooo much hotter than the previous "hot" option! :D But that's still there too. Also, the menu is a lot clearer than it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

Can anyone make a recommendation for a first time burrito. Not a fan of any beans

I hate the beans so just get extra rice

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Reildogg

jonski wrote: »
    Wiki must be lying again

No, not lieing-just badly referenced!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

great they are open on a sunday now too.. new salsa nice and hot.
    Call in any time i'm in the city centre now..love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

sioda wrote: »
    I hate the beans so just get extra rice

Tries one with pinto beans. Didn't mind eating them. Then I saw them and I started not to enjoy them haha. Jack cheese was very creamy I thought. It was very tasty tho

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Haven't been there before, might during the week, love a bit of Mexican food and the reviews seem to be very positive.

Question- how long does it take to get served generally? And would you say it's good value?

I've been in there 3 times now, I think. It was quiet all of those times so I got served straight away. Lunch hour and the post-school rush would likely be the times you'd be waiting longer.

€6.50 is great value for the burrito. The sting is in the price of the drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I've been in there 3 times now, I think. It was quiet all of those times so I got served straight away. Lunch hour and the post-school rush would likely be the times you'd be waiting longer.

Cheers!

Definitely going to pop in there sometime this week so, my expectations have been suitably raised :D and I don't mind about the drinks, don't often get a drink if I'm in a hurry anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

So its basically just a wrap?.....sure sundry kebab joints offer wraps with any mixture of meat and veg, so how is a burrito different??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

6.50 seems a huge amount of money for something that appears to be akin to a chicken or kebab wrap....which sell for 3-4 Euro.

Is there more then burrito?....like a plate with chips or salad?....how big are these things, whats on it?

So its basically just a wrap?.....sure sundry kebab joints offer wraps with any mixture of meat and veg, so how is a burrito different??

The kebab shops tend to use halal meat. The spices, salsas, veg and other toppings are different too, as is the wrap itself. There's no harm in a bit of variety, I'm sure you'll agree.
    6.50 seems a huge amount of money for something that appears to be akin to a chicken or kebab wrap....which sell for 3-4 Euro.

Where do you buy your kebabs? :confused: Kebabish, the Kashmir House and Turkuaz would all be more expensive than three or four quid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Is there more then burrito?....like a plate with chips or salad?....how big are these things, whats on it?

The burrito is much more filling then a wrap from a kebab house. You get rice, beans, cheese, salsa and ofcourse the meet and maybe some other bits. The ingrediants are fresher and better aswell (other than the microwave wraps) Also much much much tastier!
    Where do you buy your kebabs? :confused: Kebabish, the Kashmir House and Turkuaz would all be more expensive than three or four quid!

A wrap is usually about 4 euro while a kebab with nann bread would be a few euro more. Havent had a kebab in a few years but usually about 7 euro arent they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

You must be getting your wraps in Centra or somewhere if you're only paying €3/4

Give this place a try and you'll taste the difference. You don't get that horrible bloated feeling like you do after a kebab! (Although I do love that sometimes aswell :P )

I find they're great value for money, and you can get a beer for €3.50 too!

I see on Facebook that there's some new additions to the menu, so there should be something for everyone.

Advertisement