Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Gandolfini dead

Options

Comments

1630 wrote: »
    Joke fail!

Not so sure.... I hope there's a few jokes at my expense when I expire.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

RIP James.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Mac 3

Genuinely saddened by this news, loved the Sopranos from the start and still watching it on Sky Atlantic.

RIP James, Thank you for the hundreds of hours of truly amazing television.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Best actor in a TV show ever ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Terrible news :(

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

True Romance my favourite film ever, RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Sky currently have the entire series of the Sapranos on demand for download. I've been watching it for something like the 5th time as it's such a brilliant show. I had got tot he episode last night where Chris says to him "You'll be dead from a heart attack at 50 the way you eat" - my diet starts today!

Real shame - this guy was amazing to watch. I thought he was fantastic in 'In the Loop'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Such sad news. He was great in The Sopranos and lots of good movies too. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Holstens, the restaurant that featured in the final scenes of The Sopranos left their own tribute :(

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/20/restaurant-where-tony-soprano-enjoyed-final-meal-leaves-touching-tribute-to-james-gandolfini-3849164/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I heard about his death on RTE News this morning. It is a great shock to hear about it today.

I had watched a few episodes of Gandolfini in The Sopranos years ago. I thought he was a great actor with a great talent.

May he RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

not a mention of it on the news at one on RTE radio:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

fryup wrote: »
    not a mention of it on the news at one on RTE radio:(

I don't worry - after they come
    Back from Lunch & start doing their " research" from boards; they'll get around to mentioning it in the " news" by the end of the day. Only about 20 hours late

Incredible Actor. Sad news.
    R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Was gutted to hear this last night. Every now and then there is a celeb death that hits you much more than the majority of others (Ayrton Senna was another significant one). Gandolfini is certainly one of those for me. Even more so the fact that I've recently started watching The Sopranos again, introducing the gf to it, and we were halfway through the 2nd series. She's gutted as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Nice piece written about Gandolfini:

http://www.vulture.com/2013/06/james-gandolfini-obit-matt-zoller-seitz.html

Also, my favourite line from Tony Soprano:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Nice tribute at the restaurant where the last scene of The Sopranos was shot.

http://media.joe.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Gandolfini-tribute-1-good.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

:( that is so sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

He was a fantastic actor but one of my fav roles was him as the gay hitman in 'The Mexican'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Sky Atlantic are said to be holding a special Sopranos tribute tomorrow in respect of James Gandolfini's untimely passing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

My fav Sopranos scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

gidget wrote: »
    Sky Atlantic are said to be holding a special Sopranos tribute tomorrow in respect of James Gandolfini's untimely passing!

Yeah they're showing 4 classic episodes, but not Pine Barrens sadly. Think that one is my favourite - "I'll leave you here, you one-shoe c*******er!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Yeah they're showing 4 classic episodes, but not Pine Barrens sadly. Think that one is my favourite - "I'll leave you here, you one-shoe c*******er!!"

The episode that got me into "the gangster show my dad watches"

One of only 3 celebrity deaths that really hit home with me. Ayrton Senna and Joe Strummer being the other too, all before their time.

RIP

I loved the scene where Christopher is on heroin, it's really beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Been waiting for an excuse to get the sopranos dvds out again.

RIP James Gandolfini you legend.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I visited that place on a Soprano's Tour in NYC.. it's surreal, they give you a portion of onion rings to eat and have your picture taken in the booth.. the walls are covered with candid photos taken by the staff of the filming of the final scenes in 2007. It's almost like a shrine.

I strongly recommend the tour to any fans who are planning a trip to NY, although I'd say it will be fairly booked out for the next while.

I'm deeply saddened by his passing.. he was a true legend :( RIP James

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

RIP James

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Very sad news - a damn fine actor.

Had some great moments in 'In The Loop'.

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

"I wipe my ass with your feelings!"

"Take that setee and cram it up your ass!"

"Mother of Christ, is this a woman thing or what?! You asked how I felt; I told you. Now you're using it against me!"

"Why don't you get the fúck outta here before I cram your quotations book up your fat fúckin' ass!"

"You don't love me? Well that breaks my heart. But you don't gotta love me. But you will respect me!"

"What the fúck?! I can't catch a fúckin' break!"

"You're entitled to shít!"

"Free to sit back and fiddle with the air conditioning for twenty fúckin' years!"

"If she were here right now I'd be bouncin' her fúckin' head off the wall!"

"Motherfúckin' FÚCK!"

"Predicated on my ass, what's the difference?"

"She was a beautiful innocent creature! What did she ever do to you?!"

"I see they still haven't found a cure for fúckfaceitis."

"You gotta be fúckin' kidding me."

"Oh, poor you."

"Fúckin' free-spirit Janice who left me here with our basket case of a mother while you were off dropping acid and blowing roadies!"

"You twisted fúckin' bitch! That's my mother you're talking about, not some fúck up in Attica who'd stab you in the shower!"

"Every day is a gift... but does it have to be a pair of socks?"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

"Not for nothin'.. but what the fúck"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

PropJoe10 wrote: »

pine barrens= best episode of the best series ever made imo

"guy killed sixteen Czechoslovakians; used to be an interior decorator"

Advertisement