Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Gandolfini dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

fussyonion wrote: »
    why do people need to tell everyone the minute they know?!

Other people would like to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Scylla wrote: »
    Seriously, its one thread down!!

Mustn't have known him by his real name.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Shit... not often I'd be upset by a celebrity death but I loved that guy, and Sopranos is my all time favourite show. Always hoped it'd somehow be turned into a film to tie up loose ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Skid X wrote: »
    It wasn't funny earlier in the thread, it wasn't funny this time either.

It was, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He was holidaying in Italy, a suspected heart attack from the report I read.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I really enjoyed his acting. It's a sad loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Gilbert Grape

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-x5uO2NyWOQ?feature=player_embedded&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

shrewdness wrote: »
    Just heard James Gandolfini has been found dead at the age of 51!

RIP.

F.uck it anyway.

F.uck it.
    F.uck it.
    F.uck it.

Now all my fond sopranos memories = Denied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 belly 369

rip

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Justa Guy wrote: »
    Me neither as that would mean he was just 29'ish when filming (what I think was his greatest scene) in True Romance with Patricia Arquette.

Also loved him in Killing Them Softly recently.

R.I.P.

Never knew that was him.

Very good actor. Can't help but think his obesity played a factor when you consider the Sopranos was in his late 30's/early 40's.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Riddle101

In one of the article that I read about this, it said his character died at the end of The Sopranos. I guess that covers the whole mystery behind the ending.

RIP James.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I think even James Gandolfini would have a little chuckle to himself if he were able to read this.

Lots of grief vampires here getting all self righteously indignant in a failed attempt to appear morally superior.

He probably would, but morally superior, self righteous and grief vampires? I doubt it.

Mod:

Do not post in this thread again.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

As a fan of The Sopranos, i'm at a loss for words right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

RIP, one of my favourite actors. Dead at 51, so young. Always hoped that one day that the sopranos would be back for a saeson or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,894 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

In our day and age 51 is too young for anyone to pass away.

RIP James Gandolfini and thank you for some of the best television of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

RIP, should have had another 30+ years ahead of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

RIP.... Shocking news! Died too young! Went on a youtube binge of clips of him!

Watched this aswell! Just shows what a true gent and committed actor he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I only just watched an episode of the Sopranos with my girlfriend at around 11 pm before going to bed. I got up to get a drink there and only just read the awful news.

My girlfriend got us tickets for the Sopranos tour when we were on holidays in NY last month. We sat in Tony's booth in Holsten's diner in New Jersey. We even had a drink in the real Bada Bing.

RIP James Gandolfini, you gave me some great tv moments over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Seriously talented actor. Sad to hear the news about him.
    Definitely think Sopranos is one of the best shows and he made it brilliant.

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

51 is way too young to go, was an underrated actor in many ways, portrayed Tony Soprano perfectly, but was not limited to that character even though it is what he will be remembered by most naturally.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Always enjoyed watching him, he had a presence that made you pay attention to him no matter what he was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

apollo8 wrote: »
    Thats bad-A-bing

Thats actually quite good lol

(Just add I loved him as an actor R.I.P)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

So sad. Such a great actor. I even get hard to watch the last castle cause Im always annoyed by the end after rooting for his character!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Just heard the news now. I honestly cannot believe it. One of the greatest television actors of all time. His interpretation of Tony Soprano is completely immortal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

"Focus on the good times....try to remember the times that were good"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Can't believe it. RIP.

I actually met him once, 2009 in NYC. Nice guy

Advertisement