Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Gandolfini dead

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I rarely get upset over a celebrity death, but this one hits me a bit more than others; The Sopranos is my all-time favourite TV show and I tracked down everything that James Gandolfini appeared in to watch. He was an incredible actor and screen presence.

The good ones really are taken all too early.

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I thought he was brilliant in The Last Castle, though all the critics hated it. Never seen a Sopranos episode in my life, must be the only one.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

I thought he was brilliant in The Last Castle, though all the critics hated it. Never seen a Sopranos episode in my life, must be the only one.:o

Need to give it a go, absolutely mesmerizing viewing. Entire cast was sterling, yet Gandolfini stole the show regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Gutted.

The Sopranos, to me is the greatest TV show of all time.

RIP T.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hello there folks

Wonderful as tony soprano, I always enjoyed when he'd pop up in films such as in the loop :( 51 is nothing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Only watched Zero Dark Thirty last night. Was thinking he had gotten very heavy. More so than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I couldn't believe he was only 51. Terrible news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Raise your sambuccas.

Terrific actor and 51 is no age to go. R.I.P James

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

1630 wrote: »
    Joke fail!

I only figured out the joke after you said this

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Whos confirming this? None of the news or entertainment sites inc the New York news affiliates have a single word on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Here's to you, Tony. I might drive around for a bit tomorrow with this on, slowly and quietly, but badass nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,150 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Awful news.

Just did the sopranos tour in NYC, by all accounts a very humble and decent guy who looked after his co-workers.

Very sad stuff -RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Saw the headline and instantly thought of heart attack. Maybe it was the heavy breathing in The Sopranos coupled with his size.

Absolutely great actor and its so sad to see a guy pass away at the age of just 51.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Whos confirming this? None of the news or entertainment sites inc the New York news affiliates have a single word on it
    HBO now

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2013/06/19/james-gandolfini-dead-at-51/2439895/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22980414

Its on every major news site!

RIP, loved the sopranos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

It's live on CNN right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Gilbert Grape

Did James Gandolfini really die? Or did it just cut to black?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/james-gandolfini-dead-51-article-1.1377435

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Did James Gandolfini really die? Or did it just cut to black?

It wasn't funny earlier in the thread, it wasn't funny this time either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Best actor in a brilliant show.

Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Justa Guy

Jev/N wrote: »
    I couldn't believe he was only 51. Terrible news

Me neither as that would mean he was just 29'ish when filming (what I think was his greatest scene) in True Romance with Patricia Arquette.

Also loved him in Killing Them Softly recently.

R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭Tsipras

RIP

What a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

It was on the NY Daily News half an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Irks me to see death announcements on here...don't know why. Just does.

Watch the news, listen to it on the radio, wait til tomorrow..why do people need to tell everyone the minute they know?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Sad news only got married in 2008 and had his first child last year. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

very sad news, amazing actor and the sopranos is the best programme out there. rip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Fantastic actor
    Rip :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

board1357 wrote: »
    i wonder did the screen just go blank for him in mid conversati...

I think even James Gandolfini would have a little chuckle to himself if he were able to read this.

Lots of grief vampires here getting all self righteously indignant in a failed attempt to appear morally superior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Yes. Deadly serious.

Advertisement