Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Gandolfini dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Ah balls. :(

RIP

Great actor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

RIP Bigboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

Terrible news - such a shock.

He could be just like Tony Soprano in real life! Watch him put manners on this guy:

I only got round to watching the sopranos in its entirety last year. Couldn't believe
    I had left it so long. What a show!

RIP James, a true legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The Sopranos, for me, remains the greatest series ever produced for television. Gandolfini was the central axis to what carried the vision of the brilliant writing team.

I am genuinely saddened at this news. He was a terrific actor and an all round nice guy.

If his legacy is to be 'The Sopranos', then what a legacy he leaves. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mobby

Ah Dear RIP indeed. Great Show, Great Actor. The Soprano's was my favorite show of all time. me sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Now hold your horses, is this a net hoax or what?

Mind you I did meet him for an autograph outside a play he was doing off broadway and he's monstrous big.

Wow! Did you really?? How cool is that.....you actually met Tony Soprano:). I'd be telling everybody.

The oh and me were very saddened to hear the news this morning. We always had hopes that they'd make a follow up to the series as a movie or something as the ending didn't make it impossible. RIP James.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Clegg wrote: »
    The actor who played Tony Soprano.

51 is too damn young.

True. Guessing his weight didn't help.

When the Sopranos started he actually was quite trim, just on a big frame. But he ballooned throughout the show. (whilst still sleeping with smokin' hot wimminz :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭AnarchistKen

Cant believe he's passed away. Such a great actor.

Just re-watched the entire series for the umpteenth time only a short while ago.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

A friend of mine is in italy and literally saw him on the street a few hours previously, but decided against annoying him for an autograph/photograph. that must have been surreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Sad to hear. He made the show, I'd say more people would know who you are talking about if you said Tony Soprano. I loved the show but have never watched the final episode. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I thought he was brilliant in The Last Castle, though all the critics hated it. Never seen a Sopranos episode in my life, must be the only one.:o

He was too typecast as Tony Soprano. I kept expecting him to simply beat the living sh*t out of Robert Redford and take back the prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

First time in my life I've actually shed tears at the death of a celebrity. Loved him. True Romance is my favourite movie and The Sopranos is the best TV show ever. Truly gutted. RIP :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Sad news, was hoping they'd do another series sometime. What a legend.

RIP.

• Site Banned Posts: 59 ✭✭Lams

As someone who only began watching the Sopranos last year I'd like to go back and smack my "1999-2007 self" across the face for not watching it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

When he suffocated Chris. I think it's the most moving bit of TV I've ever seen. I loved Chris :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Absolutely devastated. Incredible actor, gone way too soon. RIP Big T

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Lams wrote: »
    As someone who only began watching the Sopranos last year I'd like to go back and smack my "1999-2007 self" across the face for not watching it.

I watched all the seasons back to tback, more or less, recently.

The only way to watch a show. Although they would refer to something four years ago and I'd be, wha? I just watched that a couple of weeks ago. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

JD DABA wrote: »
    F.uck it anyway.

F.uck it.
    F.uck it.
    F.uck it.

Now all my fond sopranos memories = Denied.

Why?

Anyway, R.I.P.

He leaves us with a lot of great films, dont forget "The Man Who Wasn't There".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I don't think I ever got invested in any fictional character across any medium (film, books, TV) to the extent I did with Tony Soprano.

James Gandolfini was an absolutely fantastic actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Rip Big T,he was one of the greatest actors in Sopranos,not to mention that episodes started 15 years ago and its still best series from HBO that all of us watch over again,even if you're bored any episode will always tell some story of daily runaround in Sopranos world :).
    This short episode sums it up for Sopranos well i guess :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

sad news, a great actor and a husband and father gone, RIP.
    hard to believe he was only 37 when the sopranos started!

A friend of mine is in italy and literally saw him on the street a few hours previously, but decided against annoying him for an autograph/photograph. that must have been surreal.

That's crazy, imagine he was dead a mere few hours later. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

He was brilliant in In The Loop and of course in the Sopranos. Gone too soon.

Lams wrote: »

Better late than never. Just enjoy! I only started watching in 2010, doesn't bother me!

And the Sopranos stands up to repeat viewing anyway. The episodes are so layered, you're constantly picking up on things, even after a few time rewatching.

This scene always makes me laugh. Tony's wtf? face in it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just watched the last episode Made in America a few minutes ago, the scene with Uncle Junior in the psych ward is so good. RIP James.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I really really hoped that they would start making episodes again.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

RIP James

• Site Banned Posts: 59 ✭✭Lams

scamalert wrote: »
    Rip Big T,he was one of the greatest actors in Sopranos,not to mention that episodes started 15 years ago and its still best series from HBO that all of us watch over again,even if you're bored any episode will always tell some story of daily runaround in Sopranos world :).
    This short episode sums it up for Sopranos well i guess :cool:

I think the pilot aired first in 1997, then te series started properly in 1999. If you look back at that first episode you can tell that he tweaked his character quite a bit in the intervening two years to make him more gangster and abrasive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Shockingly sad new, RIP James Gandolfini you ****ing legend!

Advertisement