Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberry PI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thankee Ciderdude! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Fair play to you. Respect for that. A girl I work with does volunteer work. I wouldn't have the stomach for it from some of the stories she has told.

Bad enough knowing my dog (a rescue dog) had a bad start in life.

Thanks, I do very little compared to some of the people I know who really go above and beyond.
    Most recent dealing I had was with a small dog that was fecked out the window of a moving car in Kildare. Lovely dog, nice personality, looks to have led a life of suffering. Some people :mad: Anyway, its life will improve from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Jesus :(

I find it very troubling that this is so common - it takes such a huge lack of empathy for living creatures to do such a thing. Some people are monsters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have to say, I hate to see any creature being mistreated, but I know, via the job, of some family backgrounds that aren't so dissimilar to the types of mistreatment of dogs you speak of here.
    Honestly, the next time I hear some right winger giving it socks about people in jail or on hard times being lazy or scum, I might relate a few tales to them, and ask them how do they imagine they'd survive if raised in such an environment, truly appalling stuff.

So, the Raspberry Pi then.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

o1s1n wrote: »
    Jesus :(

I find it very troubling that this is so common - it takes such a huge lack of empathy for living creatures to do such a thing. Some people are monsters.

Agreed. Just beggars belief that anyone out there could even contemplate, let alone proceed to go through with some of the vile crap that's been reported over recent times.

Makes me sick to the stomach just to think of it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Can everybody stop changing nicknames please? I have no idea who anybody is anymore...

I got a couple of Raspberry Pi B+ boards in the post the other day. Nice and tidy boards they are and a much better fit for a couple projects I'm messing around with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

MrVestek wrote: »
    Can everybody stop changing nicknames please? I have no idea who anybody is anymore...

No prob Achilles

Myrddin wrote: »
    No prob Achilles

I was waiting for that. :P

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    No prob Achilles

yeeaaaahh.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No worries, I'll be Ciderman till the day I die of old age...
    Should be any day now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I'm off home to give my dog the raspberry-pi it deserves
    chemistry-dog-no-idea2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

DogPie.jpeg

53413529.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

pumpkin-pie-dog.jpg

Everybody remembers this thing right?

RaspberryPi.jpg

Just checking...

Out of curiosity, how well does the Pi work with Mame? Talking 80's / early 90's arcade games.
    Is it possible to hook one up to an iPac, or to arcade controls in another manner?
    Is there much benefit in going B+ over B or the older version?

I played a few games on Wednesday night (with a keyboard)

Ghosts 'n Goblins - Seemed perfect.
    Side Arms - Seemed perfect.
    1942 - Seemed perfect.
    Raiden - A bit flickery at the top, but normal speed and playable.

I had a few others lined up to try, but I had incomplete sets (Blues Journey, Puzzle Bobble, Tumble Pop, Shinobi) - hope to get them working tonight.

Also, make sure your raspberry Pi is overclocked to get better emu performance. You want it running at about 900mhz-1ghz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Steve SI wrote: »
    Also, make sure your raspberry Pi is overclocked to get better emu performance. You want it running at about 900mhz-1ghz.

How does one o/c a Pi? is it difficult or dodgy to do?

I'll admit to not owning one yet but I've found looking at that Pimoroni site dangerous to the well-being of my bank account (and being a company based in the city I work gives me a fuzzy feeling).

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Quick question, I have my pi set up with raspbmc to watch movies/tv shows from my hard drive. Can I just buy another SD card and set that one up as a retro gaming machine and switch back and forth between them to have a multi-functioning pi? :P

Yep, absolutely. The OS and everything related is on the SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Mr E wrote: »
    Yep, absolutely. The OS and everything related is on the SD card.

Was thinking that alright, may go in and buy a new SD card tomorrow and set myself up a retro gaming rig :)

Star Lord wrote: »
    Is it possible to hook one up to an iPac, or to arcade controls in another manner?
    It would appear so
    http://arcadeforge.net/PiJamma/PiJamma-Raspberry-Pi-Arcade-and-Retro-Gaming-Interface::106.html?MODsid=78ea44246179a07c85c5af735f2e226f

Was thinking that alright, may go in and buy a new SD card tomorrow and set myself up a retro gaming rig :)

You could also use berryboot to set up a dual boot on the same sd card.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Found this too, using a proper iPac:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/MAME-gaming-table-with-Raspberry-Pi/step2/null/

Mine only has the PS2 sockets... Wonder if it'll work with PS2-USB adapters...

Cough LCD Cough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I've got a Raspberry Pi at home running OpenVPN. I reckon I may get another couple of them to do a few other things. e.g XMBC Media Player for my NAS

It's pretty sweet for the price

• Advertisement

Cough LCD Cough

The Pi has HDMI out doesn't it?

Advertisement