Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberry PI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Myrddin wrote: »
    True that. The enlightened use Radionics Radioisotopes

FYP. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

MrVestek wrote: »
    He... didn't actually shop there though. Go stir your shíte stirring spoon on someone else's cornflakes. :P

Damn, rumbled :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Note to self, never eat cornflakes in Myrddin's house...

OK, I found a 2A charger, but it buzzes when I plug it in.

The internet is generally on the fence between "Ah it's grand" to "Send it back before it burns your house down".

Will I get a new plug or will it make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Mr E wrote: »
    OK, I found a 2A charger, but it buzzes when I plug it in.

The internet is generally on the fence between "Ah it's grand" to "Send it back before it burns your house down".

Will I get a new plug or will it make a difference?

You might get lucky and have no problems.
    It sounds like just the hum from the transformer to me personally as a sparkie i hear the coils of relays and contactors in induster noising all day long.

But you never can be too sure.
    If you are in any doubht just throw it in the bin
    My sister had a cheap lead for an iphone catch fire on her pillow:( luckily it was while she was cleaning in the room.

Ill have a root around in morning think i have a used samsung one if you want it just let me know not doing anything here pm me if you like

• Advertisement

Thanks cd, appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

You'll be fine
    article-0-1B7B3C15000005DC-634_638x399.jpg
    House.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

@Mr E found that Samsung charger if you want it just pm me and ill pop it in the post for you

@MrVestek keep up the good work love your videos always a laughh watching them!!!!!

Thanks Crasy, glad you like them! :-) Sometimes I think I'm the only one that thinks that I'm funny... and I know most of the boardsies here would agree with me!

Now that I have more free time I'll be getting back into the game soon enough.

I actually started production on Episode 4 back in March and have some of it filmed already but I'll have to start from scratch at this stage for continuity reasons.

Life kinda got in the way for a while but yeah the less said about that the better!

I've also started paying more attention to my website now too which is at http://www.mrvestek.com

Might be a good idea to read my recent blog post on there for some clarity.

</self pimpage>

• Advertisement

OK next question. Joypad controls for SNES and Megadrive just work automatically, but not for MAME.

I can play with the keyboard, but there is some funky mapping (6 to insert coin, for example).

From a bit of googling, I see that I can edit some config files by hand, but I just wanted to know if there is an easier way?

Is anyone using PiPlay / PiMAME instead of RetroPie/EmulationStation?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭kkontour

When in mame press TAB on keyboard and define the inputs there.
    I think that should work, but I dont have it in front of me.

Cheers, kkontour. I'll try that tonight.

Mame is a funny one, seems to take it's input config from the main menu config as opposed to the separate config files for DGen and the likes.

What's suggested above will work fine or you can delete the es_input.cfg file in order to invoke the config wizard when you restart the Pi.

If none of that makes sense then I need another coffee...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Jaysus christ,

Didn't check this thread in a while and lets just say reading the last 3 pages of derailed madness was interesting.... :p

Anyone who's using the PS3 controller, just remember it can only be paired to one device at a time.

If you want to use it with your the PS3 after the Pi you'll need to wire it to the PS3 to it and it will pair with it automatically.

If you want to use it with a device like the Pi again, you will need to pair it again manually.

On android there's a free app called Six Axis Compatibility Checker that will allow you to pair your device with any bluetooth address, so it makes for a nice portable way of pairing your PS3 controller with devices.

I bought that 3.5mm extension cable in dealz and its decent, their audio cables are pretty strong, its only the skinner usb -> lightning cable that broke on me, but I replaced it with another one in Dealz which has stronger connectors for the same price.

As for Maplins 22 euro charger, sweet jesus, you could buy this Anker beast almost for that money:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Family-Sized-Desktop-Charger-Technology-External/dp/B00GYNW1TA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407419709&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+usb

Glad that post wasn't in "doge-speak" :)

Thanks for that. I haven't turned on my PS3 for a year, so it's safe enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Glad that post wasn't in "doge-speak" :)

Thanks for that. I haven't turned on my PS3 for a year, so it's safe enough!

I tend to keep the Doge speak in here.

You're famous btw! ;)

Mr E wrote:
    Oh god what have I done?

So we have you to blame for this?

.....ttttthhhhhhanksssssssss.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

OK next question. Joypad controls for SNES and Megadrive just work automatically, but not for MAME.

I can play with the keyboard, but there is some funky mapping (6 to insert coin, for example).

From a bit of googling, I see that I can edit some config files by hand, but I just wanted to know if there is an easier way?

Is anyone using PiPlay / PiMAME instead of RetroPie/EmulationStation?

So which are you using? I tried RetroPie and PiMame, can't remember which was worse !

eddhorse wrote: »
    So which are you using? I tried RetroPie and PiMame, can't remember which was worse !

RetroPie can be fiddly but to be fair to the developer Florian (lovely guy) he's trying his best to mesh loads of different systems together and tying it all together with custom scripts that he's written for Emulation Station and beyond.

Really I think the guy should be commended... he is only one person after all. If he had a team of people working on it I'm sure the UI and experience would be a lot more streamlined.

• Advertisement

I'm on RetroPie/Emulationstation .... I didn't get a chance to try fixing mame controls last night - hopefully this evening.

I'm on RetroPie/Emulationstation .... I didn't get a chance to try fixing mame controls last night - hopefully this evening.

PM me if you need anything, I have a bunch of IMming options available too. I'll be home tonight after 6 or so if you need a hand.

Thanks, appreciate it. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doge wrote: »
    I tend to keep the Doge speak in here.

You're famous btw! ;)

Keep it up and we'll send you here!
    dogs_trust_london.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Thats a bloody awful image. Poor dogs. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Make it go away please Ciderman. :(
    Don't like seeing animals mistreated. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

If you want to see mistreated dogs I unfortunately have way to many photos from the animal charities I volunteer with here in Ireland.
    It's a terrible problem here in Ireland :0(

Steve SI wrote: »
    If you want to see mistreated dogs I unfortunately have way to many photos from the animal charities I volunteer with here in Ireland.

Now thats a scary thought poor :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Myrddin wrote: »
    True that. The enlightened use Radionics

Is that another electronics shop here?
    http://www.irelandlookup.com/1679217/Electronic_Components/Dublin/RS_-_Radionics/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Steve SI wrote: »

Fair play to you. Respect for that. A girl I work with does volunteer work. I wouldn't have the stomach for it from some of the stories she has told.

Bad enough knowing my dog (a rescue dog) had a bad start in life.

Advertisement