Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

unkel wrote: »
    Probably not. There must be money in buying cars like this, exporting them to the UK and claiming the VRT rebate

People are already doing this but not on yokes that are worth nothing here or in the UK. There is a dealer near me that loaded about 5 Irish Range Rovers 2006-2008 onto a UK registered transporter obviously for export. It costs big money to run a business/transport things/resell things and no one is going to do it for peanuts when so many people are taking from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

rocky wrote: »
    minus 500 admin charge

That's already minus the 500 admin charge

OMSP 4799 * VRT 36% = 1727

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Speaking of A8s...

View2-22777687.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a8-quattro-3-7/5602437

No mention of NCT, and can't check since the reg is hidden. But then it's a lot of car for €2,990.

View2-22865836.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/02-745li-limusine/5620273

Proper limo as it's the Li model. No NCT on it, but looks clean enough, so shouldn't be a problem. And it's a good "why don't you lower the price" factor :)

View2-22641586.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-xjr-new-nct/5574270

A lot of Jaaaaaaag :D for not a lot of money, especially since it's the XJR. Freshly NCT'd as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Less than 10 year old S500 for €2,950 :eek:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-s-500-2004/5331628

Full?id=23004663

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Less than 10 year old S500 for €2,950

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...0-2004/5331628
    thats is actually laughably cheap! only in Ireland! Only thing Id say is, the 7 series of that era (the 02+ version) look a lot more current internally than the S class there, which was a good few years into that model I assume...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

That shape s class was launched in 99 and didn't really change during its life,first car to have indicators in the mirrors I believe.

The Father waited in 04 to get his Indicators in the mirrors in his Passat.

Anywho, probably dated enough but very "Merc" of the era.

Less than 10 year old S500 for €2,950 :eek:

Incredible stuff :eek:

Only in Ireland that a 9 year old S500 is worth a lot less than a 9 year old boggo C180...

Hilarious really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

That S class is a facelift model aswell, with a load of revisions which help reliability. Serious bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Gorgeous S Class only 2 owners. How much was it new in 2004?

Well over 100k anyway.

Today's money with VRT etc I would imagine it would be well north of 150k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Gorgeous S Class only 2 owners. How much was it new in 2004?

About 120k

It's just crazy how the luxobarges drop in value, compared to say a similarly priced 911 of the same vintage, which would still be 35-40k'ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

The bodywork is a bit ropey, but that interior looks fantastic, individualised too by the looks of it. €2-3k for a suspension refresh, AMG wheels, service items and some bodywork and you'd have a cracker of a bargain.

The bodywork is a bit ropey, but that interior looks fantastic, individualised too by the looks of it. €2-3k for a suspension refresh, AMG wheels, service items and some bodywork and you'd have a cracker of a bargain.

Your 7-series needs a big brother, go on buy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

When I get my house finished, i'll be availing of the value here, don't you worry!

Is it silver or that horrible Lavender colour?

Is it silver or that horrible Lavender colour?

Aha, I thought I was going colour blind, TBH I am not sure, still at that money?:)

Aha, I thought I was going colour blind, TBH I am not sure, still at that money?:)

It would appear to ne silver alright. Body work looks fine , minor mark on front bumper

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

daRobot wrote: »
    About 120k

It's just crazy how the luxobarges drop in value, compared to say a similarly priced 911 of the same vintage, which would still be 35-40k'ish.

General public would see it as a liability. Big fuel guzzler, cant really keep up with the Jones in a 8 year old car, big road tax, fear of big parts bills after all the parts are based on a hundred grand car. This all applies also in the UK so its not just an Irish thing. 911 has rarity and looks/power on its side but even the prices of those haven fallen away in the last while. Still a great car though..

• Advertisement

lomb wrote: »
    General public would see it as a liability. Big fuel guzzler, cant really keep up with the Jones in a 8 year old car, big road tax, fear of big parts bills after all the parts are based on a hundred grand car.

Pretty much what the general public think. They're wrong though :)

There will be no big parts bills on a well built, low mileage, big engined, carefully checked out petrol automatic car. There just won't.

Tax (guts of 2k) is high but depreciation is zero. The depreciation in the first year of a new very basic family car is about 6k, you never get that back with cheaper tax :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Even with a years tax that it still a bargain considering how much they were to begin with....
    I was looking at the 320 petrol version of that a few weeks ago - pure luxury

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Is this overpriced then?
    2002 lwb S500 2750

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-s500-lwb-02/5650257

View2-23017095.jpeg
    NCT 05-2014 tax 09-13

Black heated leather with cooling memory and massage functions

Dual zone climate control

Soft close doors with double glazed windows

Keyless entry and start

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The one I looked at had the TV screen in the middle and heated rear seats but it was about 1.5k more.... Depends how well the car has been maintained in my opinion.

Only overpriced if youre a reg snob. Saw it yesterday, looks wayy nicer. But not the facelift? As someone mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Wow....that's some bargin, surely the parts have got to be worth way more then 3k if it were to be broken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Tax (guts of 2k) is high but depreciation is zero. The depreciation in the first year of a new very basic family car is about 6k, you never get that back with cheaper tax
    true and at that price, there isnt likely a loan to to boot, i.e. no interest... I reckon wqith the car, the colour is knocking at least 1k off it, I'm sure if it was black, it would be up at minimum 4k...

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-cl-500/5667512

Incredible to believe a car like this can cost so little............. If enough numbers come up in the Lotto on saturday..... its mine!!!!!

Have to say i think they're one of the uglier Merc. Looks like someone that's really tired and has their eyes held open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

islanderre wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-cl-500/5667512

Incredible to believe a car like this can cost so little............. If enough numbers come up in the Lotto on saturday..... its mine!!!!!

Seems a bit shmokey..? Or was it just a cold morning?

Or just an eighteen year old Merc?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement