Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Seeing as the NCT isnt a test of the engine I was more refering to perishable and wearable components which im sure are far from cheap on a big girl like that.

Plus its green.

I have to agree

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

'03 BMW 745i 63k miles €3,999

No tax / test obviously at that price :)

View2-20453538.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

unkel wrote: »

View2-20453538.jpeg

Second time in an ad in this thread I've seen the line 'Ideal for export' - are they referring to the fact that the car is worth more overseas or a buyer can get the VRT rebate if you export it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

View2-21694565.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-735i-m-sport-sale-swap/5382685

Oooh, E38 with V8 powaaaah :) All yours for less than 3k. And it's got a decent amount of test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

View2-20453538.jpeg

Thats a really nice bus, but it's the strangest advert I've seen in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Its just Del boys eastern European cousin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Second time in an ad in this thread I've seen the line 'Ideal for export' - are they referring to the fact that the car is worth more overseas or a buyer can get the VRT rebate if you export it?

The buyer doesnt get a VRT Rebate, the seller does as the car is no longer registered here in their name and they are marking it as exported. Obviously someone could sell a car here to someone else (who registers it in their own name in Ireland) that is going to export the car to some other country later, but thats a different arrangement.

The point of the VRT rebate was to allow Irish cars to be sold for export, previously the VRT component made our cars sometimes unexportable due to overpricing.

Thats a really nice bus, but it's the strangest advert I've seen in a while.

He didn't sell it yet, so the price is now....

...upped to €4,250 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

He didn't sell it yet, so the price is now....

...upped to €4,250 :rolleyes:

That's what I mean. It's just strange. Maybe he's had a flurry of calls, and think's it's worth more. Or is he collecting mobile numbers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭useless

Whats this VRT rebate?

https://www.ros.ie/evrt-enquiry/vrtenquiry.html?execution=e1s2

If you export a car from Ireland to the UK or wherever, you can get a refund of some of the VRT paid on the car when it was first registered.

Funny how the VRT chargeable on an import is a lot higher than the refund calculated on the same car for export...

useless wrote: »
    https://www.ros.ie/evrt-enquiry/vrtenquiry.html?execution=e1s2

If you export a car from Ireland to the UK or wherever, you can get a refund of some of the VRT paid on the car when it was first registered.

The VRT originally paid on the actual car? Or just based on the OMSP the car has now?
    Funny how the VRT chargeable on an import is a lot higher than the refund calculated on the same car for export...

The calculator uses the same VRT amount, but it deducts €500 as an Export Admin Fee (I've tried it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

And the car had to have an open market selling price over 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭useless

The VRT originally paid on the actual car? Or just based on the OMSP the car has now?

The calculator uses the same VRT amount, but it deducts €500 as an Export Admin Fee (I've tried it)

VRT is paid at registration, and it's only registered once, so it's semantics really. The VRT rebate is as you say, calculated as a % of the Revenue-determined OMSP -which may or may not be in the realm of reality, but that's another issue.

Didn't know about the admin fee being the difference - thx for that

VRT is paid at registration, and it's only registered once, so it's semantics really.

Not in my case!

The previous owner of my car paid VRT when he imported it from the UK. But he paid far less than what he should have paid. I got a quote in an email from the VRO looking for double the amount of VRT!

My car is not on the calculator, so the quotes are very much hit and miss...

If I got a rebate based on the VRT on the current OMSP of my car, I'd consider exporting it. If it was based on what the previous owner paid, I won't bother...

VRT is paid at registration, and it's only registered once, so it's semantics really. The VRT rebate is as you say, calculated as a % of the Revenue-determined OMSP -which may or may not be in the realm of reality, but that's another issue.
    Well its not really, the value is based on the OMSP. During the past 5year period, OMSP could have been higher or lower for that actual initial VRT import charge. If people go around thinking its something to do with what was "actually paid" then they are in for nasty surprises.

VRT import and export is based on Revenue's OMSP, which is to say its based on wind direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,055 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Scortho wrote: »
    And the car had to have an open market selling price over 2000
    When charging VRT, the minimum OMSP they will apply to any car is €2000.

I can't see how it is fair (or transparent) for them to allocate a lesser OMSP to a car for which a VRT refund is being sought.

I know - who said they were fair? But it should be transparent.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Looks ok but no mention of NCT
    Full-22414644.jpeg
    2003 BMW 735i

NCT until March 2014 on that 735i.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Would you find a cheaper 7 series of that miles and year with test anywhere else in the world? If only it wasn't so hideous.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't call that shape hideous, a nice set of wheels and it would be a nice motor.

Would you find a cheaper 7 series of that miles and year with test anywhere else in the world?

Probably not. There must be money in buying cars like this, exporting them to the UK and claiming the VRT rebate

Probably not. There must be money in buying cars like this, exporting them to the UK and claiming the VRT rebate

VRT rebate is €1227, stat code: 41285212, OMSP: €4799

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Matt Simis wrote: »

Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Export them to Poland or other Eastern European countries and you will get even more money

bear1 wrote: »
    Export them to Poland or other Eastern European countries and you will get even more money

False. RHD cars aren't that desirable in Poland. Conversion to LHD for this would cost about €3,000 (on proper parts) + the registration cost (18.6% of the value on the receipt). Not good enough.

And of course there's a 10% value decrease since the car was originally RHD. Decent option for someone going back to Poland, not good enough to sell from here.

If the person was to sell the car here, the potential buyer would have to spend 23k PLN on the car + taxes + transport. Then comes the conversion for around 10-12k which means it's going to be about 33-35k. You can get these for 31k already in Poland in the 745 form.

http://allegro.pl/bmw-735i-gaz-sekwencja-logic7-okazja-i3496532169.html - Here's a 2002 735i with 110k miles and an LPG conversion. Less than 30k.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I wouldn't call that shape hideous, a nice set of wheels and it would be a nice motor.

The shape no, but the details like the face of the rear end and those headlights disgust me, '05 the facelift is worlds apart in my eyes.

Like most facelifts to be fair

(Bar the 95 with the chrome sunglasses)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Sobanek wrote: »
    False. RHD cars aren't that desirable in Poland. Conversion to LHD for this would cost about €3,000 (on proper parts) + the registration cost (18.6% of the value on the receipt). Not good enough.

And of course there's a 10% value decrease since the car was originally RHD. Decent option for someone going back to Poland, not good enough to sell from here.

If the person was to sell the car here, the potential buyer would have to spend 23k PLN on the car + taxes + transport. Then comes the conversion for around 10-12k which means it's going to be about 33-35k. You can get these for 31k already in Poland in the 745 form.

http://allegro.pl/bmw-735i-gaz-sekwencja-logic7-okazja-i3496532169.html - Here's a 2002 735i with 110k miles and an LPG conversion. Less than 30k.

I heard that the law is to be change as it impedes free-trade. So once they cange the law then it becomes a different story :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Matt Simis wrote: »

minus 500 admin charge

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement