Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LUXOBARGE (sub5k) of the week/day

Options
1327328329330331333»

Comments

Can't be too snobby when the things are half w@nked sh1tboxes more often than not, despite what the spec is.
    There's been things posted here that are in rag order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Augeo wrote: »
    Can't be too snobby when the things are half w@nked sh1tboxes more often than not, despite what the spec is.
    There's been things posted here that are in rag order.

One mans trash is another mans treasure

And vice versa :D:D:D

Indeed, when an example in decent condition comes along within budget though the chat about the spec is a bit OTT IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

I agree that features should be relevant to the time of the car. Watching done deal lately there seems to be an increase in prices of the tidy examples with the parts / possible fixer upper at the 1.5 - 2k bracket.

The suggestion of original price and the target market of the car new is a good criteria. I saw a nice lwb jag on DD today but didn't post it as the price was above 5k. My w221 isn't relevent to this thread either to be fair and my Singapore spec W220 S280 is about as basic an S class as you can get. It does score well on the wafty barge side though.

I wonder if we have hit the bottom of the barge bucket at this stage and prices will hold of rise going forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Has much post 08 stuff cropped up here yet?

Will a 500 euro tax car with reasonably economical diesel engine that will do up towards 40mpg drop to the same prices as a pre 08 with 1500 euro + price tag for a disc in the window every year that will struggle to do 25mpg driving like miss daisy is in the back?

That said, I'd imagine sales of flagship stuff fell off a cliff in 08 due to financial crash and there's less around than there would have been if Celtic tiger kept roaring

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

First thing I do when I see an E65 7 series is look at the lower bumper grilles for lenses:

51024585358_c04beb3dbf_o.png

The one on the left is for adaptive cruise, and the one on the right is for night vision.

On the inside, the first sign of a well spec'd car is the amount of seat control buttons to the left of the driver:

51025417077_f9b5a59f9d.jpg

How often does something like this come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How often does something like this come up?

Very very rarely will an Irish car with all of those options appear on Donedeal. I think the one that did was a 06-LK 760Li, former JP McManus car, about two years ago.

One of my old 7 series' is on DoneDeal at the minute, it has night vision which you can just make out in the second picture. I'm fairly sure its the only one on DoneDeal at the minute with it

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-7-series-e66-lwb-high-spec-12-21-nct-05-tax/27304302

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Used to be weekly a few years ago

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Very very rarely will an Irish car with all of those options appear on Donedeal. I think the one that did was a 06-LK 760Li, former JP McManus car, about two years ago.

One of my old 7 series' is on DoneDeal at the minute, it has night vision which you can just make out in the second picture. I'm fairly sure its the only one on DoneDeal at the minute with it

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-7-series-e66-lwb-high-spec-12-21-nct-05-tax/27304302

That is one beautiful machine.
    Have to decide if it would be worth changing the F10 for one of those!

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I’d agree that 5k is too low now. Reckon it could be upped by a few grand easily.

A few years ago this thread was ripe with great examples but now it seems a bit unrealistic to find a good one under 5k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

traco wrote: »
    I agree that features should be relevant to the time of the car. Watching done deal lately there seems to be an increase in prices of the tidy examples with the parts / possible fixer upper at the 1.5 - 2k bracket.

The suggestion of original price and the target market of the car new is a good criteria. I saw a nice lwb jag on DD today but didn't post it as the price was above 5k. My w221 isn't relevent to this thread either to be fair and my Singapore spec W220 S280 is about as basic an S class as you can get. It does score well on the wafty barge side though.

I wonder if we have hit the bottom of the barge bucket at this stage and prices will hold of rise going forward?

Not many Irish W220 had a electric rear blind though!

I Was VB wrote: »
    Not many Irish W220 had a electric rear blind though!

It was obvioulsy the default option as opposed to a sunroof in Singapore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Diesels ain't barges IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

m17 wrote: »

I really hate the taxi age regs as I still think that would make a class taxi, for personal fun ownership though its spec is poor sadly, that was definitely a company car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Rear seats are in an awful state for 110k miles!

Great looking car for the money though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,960 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

look at the tread from time to time, but after 8 years it's nearly at its 10000 post !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

I really hate the taxi age regs as I still think that would make a class taxi, for personal fun ownership though its spec is poor sadly, that was definitely a company car.

Believe me I’d love to have a barge as my taxi!

Rear seats are in an awful state for 110k miles!

Great looking car for the money though.

Steering wheel leather is also worn and peeling. 100k miles on the interior of these is nothing so surpirsed at the steering and rear seats. Of course if may have been someone that didn't care. Alloys have been painted as the AMG face should be diamond cut so refurbed a while back. Spec is standard enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

traco wrote: »
    Steering wheel leather is also worn and peeling. 100k miles on the interior of these is nothing so surpirsed at the steering and rear seats. Of course if may have been someone that didn't care. Alloys have been painted as the AMG face should be diamond cut so refurbed a while back. Spec is standard enough.

The top of the armrest is looking very rough too.
    Nice looking machine, but it hasn't had an easy life.
    If it's been treated that badly on the inside, I doubt there was much mechanical sympathy for the oily bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭pcardin

Lurching wrote: »
    The top of the armrest is looking very rough too.
    Nice looking machine, but it hasn't had an easy life.
    If it's been treated that badly on the inside, I doubt there was much mechanical sympathy for the oily bits.

100k miles on second round. Clocked most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

http://www.adverts.ie/22969187

Nice seven series.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement