Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Bohrio wrote: »
    You mean CoD had

Because since the introduce lag compensation if you have an excellent connection you are pretty much doomed.... this is the reason why I dont play CoD anymore..

Lag comp fukked CoD up big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

You mean CoD had excellent servers

Because since the introduce lag compensation if you have an excellent connection you are pretty much doomed.... this is the reason why I dont play CoD anymore.. well apart from other issues of course

nope, has imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    nope, has imo

I personally think that CoD gaming experience is far from excellent but regarding their servers... at least you would agree that it doesnt favor good connection anymore... in fact its the opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I personally think that CoD gaming experience is far from excellent but regarding their servers... at least you would agree that it doesnt favor good connection anymore... in fact its the opposite

Cod connection has always favoured host. everyone else who connects too that host the better their connection, the better their hit detection, the better their experience.
    but you can't base a good cod experience on people beating you, lag comp is just an excuse used by many people with great connection when they get killed by someone with a poorer connection.

lag comp is only their to help people with poor connection but it doesnt make people with the better connection worse, it trys too level the playing field, it simply helps people with the poorer connection play the game

infact lag comp should be considered a thing most companies should do as it gives the majority a better experience. But it doesnt effect the host or people with the better connection, I don't know why anyone would think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

So now what you're trying to tell me is that either CoD had great servers, was not a FPS or was not played online?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    I am not sure what you are on about at all. Can you explain?

• Advertisement

lag comp is just an excuse used by many people with great connection when they get killed by someone with a poorer connection.

thats bollocks.the only time i check connection strength is when I empty a mag,get hit twice and die. The killcam shows me raising the gun and getting hammered by the other guy.Who's the other guy? Barry in fukking leitrim on dial up.
    lag comp is only their to help people with poor connection but it doesnt make people with the better connection worse
    Yes it does,its penalising people with a decent connection.

infact lag comp should be considered a thing most companies should do as it gives the majority a better experience. But it doesnt effect the host or people with the better connection, I don't know why anyone would think that.
    More rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Cod connection has always favoured host. everyone else who connects too that host the better their connection, the better their hit detection, the better their experience.
    but you can't base a good cod experience on people beating you, lag comp is just an excuse used by many people with great connection when they get killed by someone with a poorer connection.

lag comp is only their to help people with poor connection but it doesnt make people with the better connection worse, it trys too level the playing field, it simply helps people with the poorer connection play the game

Sorry I didnt realize that you probably dont play CoD.

Of course, I empty an entire magazine on someones back, he turns around and kills me with 2 shots but it is me that sucks.

I forgot that's why most CoD fans have stopped playing it... because it wasnt until BO2 and Ghost that hey realized they are actually bad at the game and that lag compensation shows this.

Tell me this though, why on other games where lag compensation is not so bad I still do well?

I mean, even on this game I do decent enough getting 100 points from time to time. Same as in BF3 or 4. Or why when I join a game (either mw2 or 3) halgf way in I can still do well. I am not the host then...

Please dont tell me that it is all in my head and that lag compensation is just an excuse.

Lag compensation was meant to help people with poorer connection and it does, but it ruins it for people with an excellent connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    I am not sure what you are on about at all. Can you explain?

Do you think COD has great servers?

sarumite wrote: »

Its player hosted and needs dedicated servers at this stage. COD Ghosts is still awaiting its promised dedicated servers.

Any decent FPS gamer knows that dedicated servers are the only way to go.

I am finding it difficult to understand your posts, it would help if you can just say what your opinion is on the matter instead of quoting peoples posts with
    So what you are saying is..........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

There are no servers, the cake is a lie.

• Advertisement

There are no servers, the cake is a lie.

Ever try and smell the colour 9?

Its player hosted and needs dedicated servers at this stage. COD Ghosts is still awaiting its promised dedicated servers.

Any decent FPS gamer knows that dedicated servers are the only way to go.

That didn't answer the question. And your point wasn't what decent gamers know but that without great servers you cannot have an online FPS as they are essential.
    I am finding it difficult to understand your posts, it would help if you can just say what your opinion is on the matter instead of quoting peoples posts with

It would help your comprehension of my posts if you just read what I wrote. I didn't think I could be any clearer when I wrote
    Great servers are not essential for an online FPS

That didn't answer the question. And your point wasn't what decent gamers know but that without great servers you cannot have an online FPS as they are essential.

It would help your comprehension of my posts if you just read what I wrote. I didn't think I could be any clearer when I wrote

How about I tell you my point. You seem to be distorting my point post by post. Go back and read my original post.
    Already they get free servers from Microsoft and resources. I'd expect to see Titanfall 2 on PS4 in 2 years although I'd highly doubt Sony could compete with Microsoft's servers. Great servers are essential to online FPS.

My point was that great servers are essential to online FPS.
    Great Servers. I am talking about very high quality servers that facilitate really good lag free gameplay and connectivity.

How about I tell you my point. You seem to be distorting my point post by post. Go back and read my original post.

My point was that great servers are essential to online FPS.
    Great Servers. I am talking about very high quality servers that facilitate really good lag free gameplay and connectivity.

Where is the distortion? If something is essential, then it is absolutely necessary. Your point is that great server are essential for an online FPS. I am saying that there have been online FPS's that have functioned without having great servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Bit early to be judging the quality of their servers imo. Cracks don't normally appear until full release when concerning online games.

People are also usually too wrapped up in freshness of new games to properly analyse it's netcode. Being better than CoD is easy when the install base is probably 20 times smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The lag compensation isn't perfect. It's good but not perfect. There have been a few occasions where I have rounded a corner to flee from somebody only to be "warped" back to where a shot missed me a second ago and die to it....and I have a good ping. You will notice it if you play for a few hours. "That killed me!?? That shot missed me!"

Overall though, I'm hugely impressed by it. I had no intentions of buying this originally but I'm definitely going to pick it up now.

The wallet will cry though. Titanfall, South Park, Dark Souls II, Bioshock DLC, Diablo expansion.....there is a lot of stuff coming up in March. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Played for most of the day, one of my better rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Kirby wrote: »
    The lag compensation isn't perfect. It's good but not perfect. There have been a few occasions where I have rounded a corner to flee from somebody only to be "warped" back to where a shot missed me a second ago and die to it....and I have a good ping. You will notice it if you play for a few hours. "That killed me!?? That shot missed me!"

Overall though, I'm hugely impressed by it. I had no intentions of buying this originally but I'm definitely going to pick it up now.

The wallet will cry though. Titanfall, South Park, Dark Souls II, Bioshock DLC, Diablo expansion.....there is a lot of stuff coming up in March. :p

If you have a job I highly suspect you won't have one after March. Considering all the time you'll need to play all those games!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

irishmover wrote: »
    If you have a job I highly suspect you won't have one after March. Considering all the time you'll need to play all those games!

Meh I buy em and play em eventually.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Played a few hours of this, its quite. Feels fast and responsive, combat is satisfying, movement is good, looks decent and runs pretty much lock solid at 60fps. Promising so far. Will probably pick this up.

Only problem is I've decided to switch to using my right hand for the mouse after years of using my left hand and I'm absolutely crap at the moment. Oh well hopefully it pays off in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its really just a basic arcade shooter with titans and a bit of free running. Its nothing special imo. I've gotten a bit sick of actually piloting the titans now so I usually just leave them on AI control. There are a lot of far better shooters available PC, most of which I already have so I'm not gonna buy this.

They really need improved AI as at the moment its a complete joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Azza wrote: »
    Played a few hours of this, its quite. Feels fast and responsive, combat is satisfying, movement is good, looks decent and runs pretty much lock solid at 60fps. Promising so far. Will probably pick this up.

Only problem is I've decided to switch to using my right hand for the mouse after years of using my left hand and I'm absolutely crap at the moment. Oh well hopefully it pays off in the long run.

Why? Are you ambidextrous?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Titanfall is accessible.

Kotaku nailed it here

http://kotaku.com/the-titanfall-hype-explained-1524388082

Its the Wii of FPS.

I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Thats true actually. even if you're sh!t at FPSs you'll still kills because the bots are so retarded and you still get to stomp around in a titan, its noob friendly.

The free/vertical movement is nothing new though. Its been done before in other games like Team Fortress 2 and planetside. This is an alright game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I may buy the game, but only if they do 32 or 64 player maps, and no bots. Let the consoles have bots, let the PC gamers have real people to game against...!

Where is the distortion? If something is essential, then it is absolutely necessary. Your point is that great server are essential for an online FPS. I am saying that there have been online FPS's that have functioned without having great servers.

Learn to understand context in discussions. We were talking about quality of servers in our posts. :rolleyes:
    Essential
    adjective
    absolutely necessary; extremely important.

Regarding first person shooters I deem it extremely important to have dedicated hosting.

Do you now finally understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Going back off topic again ?

Can you stick to the game and post about the game, rather than you both just having an argument over the and dedi servers in FPS

On topic : Is there any way I can get access to this beta or is it full/finished with signup ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

the_syco wrote: »
    I may buy the game, but only if they do 32 or 64 player maps, and no bots. Let the consoles have bots, let the PC gamers have real people to game against...!

Not a chance of 32 player maps let alone 64 player maps. Leaving aside the resource issue and just talking about gameplay for a moment......You have any idea how large a map would have to be to accommodate 32 titans at once? It would have to be massive....prohibitively big and thus people would spawn and have to run for ages to get into the fight. You end up in a Battlefield situation of giant maps where all the fighting is contained in one small part of it and everyone just spawns and runs/flies there.....to get instagibbed and do it again a few seconds later.

Most people who hear about bots in a competitive online game balk at the idea, myself included. But once you play it, you kind of "get it". I can see perhaps 8v8 working....but no more. What you have to understand is that its 12 players...AND their titans that they can control themselves or let the AI take control of while they stay on foot. It's frantic enough already. 32 players would be a clusterf*ck.
    SeantheMan wrote: »

Can you stick to the game and post about the game, rather than you both just having an argument over the and dedi servers in FPS

On topic : Is there any way I can get access to this beta or is it full/finished with signup ?

Xbox One is in open beta. Download it from the dashboard. Easy as that. PC should be open beta by now too. Only a couple days left though I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

SeantheMan wrote: »

I'm sure you'd see it as a legitimate debate if you were having to endure 200ms against players sub 20ms.

Dedicated servers is just as important as anything else related to Titanfall.

Advertisement