Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your pet did to make you smile today!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,405 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

My little French bulldog came running out from back garden this morning with an antler (he bites on them for his teeth) sticking out at front of his mouth looking like a baby rhino charging at me!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

shakencat wrote: »
    One of my dogs loves bottles, so when we go to the park he'll go searching for a water bottle to chew on!
    He has now taken it a step further, and walks all the way home with his chosen bottle of the day!!

Its nice to see people smile at him, instead of staring in fear *sigh*

Breed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

ED E wrote:
    Breed?

Big scary Rottweiler

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Big scary Rottweiler

:D

ED E wrote: »
    :D

Dosent help that he walks beside the friendliest labrador every day :rolleyes::o

She wants to say hello to everything and he wants to immediately play with everything, which dosent always go down well with other dogs!

large dog pouncing with joy vs calm dog thinking wtf is this beast doing!

actually normally the dogs are fine, its the owner panicking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

I have a spaniel mix - King Charles and Springer.

I was off sick yesterday and he came and sat with his head on my knee!!!

It may or may not have been partly due to the bag of Galaxy Counters I had but I chose to believe it was love!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

It may or may not have been partly due to the bag of Galaxy Counters I had but I chose to believe it was love!!!!

Seriously?!?!? :D:D:D:D:D

aonb wrote: »

Seriously?!?!? :D:D:D:D:D

Nah not really!!!!! I adore the little dude but he's all about the treats!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

I stupidly let our black cat Mini out for a pee at 8pm last night thinking she'd be back in 5 minutes. Wee skither disappeared for 4 hours with us going to front and back door every 10-15 minutes shouting for her over the wind (in Co Monaghan). At midnight I was about to go back upstairs when I heard her shouting at the front door so we were over the moon that she didn't spend the night outside. Only her belly was wet so we're convinced she fell asleep under the car! Picture attached with one of our younger cats Twinkie.

we brought the dogs out last night when the storm calmed a bit, just to the park with a ball, in the dark - not our smartest moment.

Anyway - Lost the ball.

Just back from walkies now and we walked by the same park so i let them have a run,

Ralph comes back with the ball!

Success!!

• Advertisement

we brought the dogs out last night when the storm calmed a bit, just to the park with a ball, in the dark - not our smartest moment.

Anyway - Lost the ball.

Just back from walkies now and we walked by the same park so i let them have a run,

Ralph comes back with the ball!

Success!!

Is there no end to RALPHS talents :D

gmisk wrote: »
    My little French bulldog came running out from back garden this morning with an antler (he bites on them for his teeth) sticking out at front of his mouth looking like a baby rhino charging at me!

You had me at "French bulldog" there!!!!

Adorable little guys!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,405 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

You had me at "French bulldog" there!!!!

Adorable little guys!!!!
    He is a character alright!
    I have a little camera setup to look at him when I am out.
    If I pan it (to have a look around - it makes a wee noise) he walks right up to it and sits down.

His favourite thing to do at the minute is barking at dogs on tele, I think lot of dogs do this though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Being the "no fun parent", I try to stop her from sitting on the couch but when she looks at my wife with her cute face, she crumbles and then this happens.

IMG-20171017-WA0002.jpg

Being the "no fun parent", I try to stop her from sitting on the couch but when she looks at my wife with her cute face, she crumbles and then this happens.

IMG-20171017-WA0002.jpg

I bought a sofa just so the baby could sit by me. Good job I don't have human kids am such a pushover!!!!

IMG-20171017-WA0002.jpg

I bought a sofa just so the baby could sit by me. Good job I don't have human kids am such a pushover!!!!

A wreck of a feral cat arrived in our yard early June. She was skeletal and had serious health issues . Feeding her x3/day, wormed, deflea'd and eventually trapped her. Had her neutered, tumour removed from her face, broken teeth removed, wounds on her back stitched, and she also, incredibly, had 8 kittens on board :eek:

Roll forward 4 months. Cat looking great, has a cosy kennel outside, fed x2/day, loves my dogs, eats with me sitting beside her (but cant touch her). Storm today, I enticed her into a shed to eat. She finally came in, ate her food. I set up a bed for her in there, and same routine at lunchtime. Left her in there with the door propped open. Went back just now, shes in the bed :D closed the door, and propped the window open. shes gone back to bed :D:D:D:D:D

Shes about 3-4 the vets reckon, I dont suppose I'll ever tame her, but at least shes got a warm dry bed that she can come and go to. More importantly when we're away, we can leave her, and get the neighbour to put her food in there too. Delighted!! :):):)

aonb wrote: »
    A wreck of a feral cat arrived in our yard early June. She was skeletal and had serious health issues . Feeding her x3/day, wormed, deflea'd and eventually trapped her. Had her neutered, tumour removed from her face, broken teeth removed, wounds on her back stitched, and she also, incredibly, had 8 kittens on board :eek:

Roll forward 4 months. Cat looking great, has a cosy kennel outside, fed x2/day, loves my dogs, eats with me sitting beside her (but cant touch her). Storm today, I enticed her into a shed to eat. She finally came in, ate her food. I set up a bed for her in there, and same routine at lunchtime. Left her in there with the door propped open. Went back just now, shes in the bed :D closed the door, and propped the window open. shes gone back to bed :D:D:D:D:D

Shes about 3-4 the vets reckon, I dont suppose I'll ever tame her, but at least shes got a warm dry bed that she can come and go to. More importantly when we're away, we can leave her, and get the neighbour to put her food in there too. Delighted!! :):):)

I've just gone all melty inside!!!!!!! Well done you!!!

I've just gone all melty inside!!!!!!! Well done you!!!

If you're melty just think how I feel :D How anything so skeletal and wrecked could have survived, never mind be pregnant makes her an absolute survivor and a real trooper. I just hope I can get her indoors and somewhat tamed some day, but happy that shes warm and dry and well fed for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Hoops had a bit of fun with a pumpkin earlier, hid some treats Inside for him and he rolled it around the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

I turned my back on my hat for just a couple of mins ....

431436.jpeg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I'm sick this week and I've had to ask the big dog and our foster dog for a bit of space on the bed ONCE this evening. They're happy chilling out now in beds on the floor.

I've asked my terrier to get off the bed four times in the past 30 mins. He's properly irritated that i don't want company. Every time he hops up and i ask him to get down he practically rolls his eyes, trots off to check the rest of the rooms, then comes back to repeat it all. I'm trying to keep a straight face but totally not succeeding...

Choc Chip wrote: »
    I'm sick this week and I've had to ask the big dog and our foster dog for a bit of space on the bed ONCE this evening. They're happy chilling out now in beds on the floor.

I've asked my terrier to get off the bed four times in the past 30 mins. He's properly irritated that i don't want company. Every time he hops up and i ask him to get down he practically rolls his eyes, trots off to check the rest of the rooms, then comes back to repeat it all. I'm trying to keep a straight face but totally not succeeding...

Mentioned before I bought a sofa so pooch can sit by me. He's now taken to deciding he wants the whole sofa!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

he went out the back a golden dog and came in a black dog .I was going to scold him but he looked so funny I let him off .bath tonight ...he wont like that but he made his muddy bed now he has to ly in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'm trying to work out how to broach with the LL that I'd quite like the new sofa to be a 3 seater because me, the BF, and the dog won't all fit on a 2 seater. Especially since the dog likes to stretch.

kylith wrote: »

I'm trying to work out how to broach with the LL that I'd quite like the new sofa to be a 3 seater because me, the BF, and the dog won't all fit on a 2 seater. Especially since the dog likes to stretch.

Good luck!!! A dog allowed to stretch is a happy dog!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Collected Charlie my Cavalier king Charles from the groomers today and when she opened the crate he was in i gave a small whistle, he cam flying out and while i knelt down he got up on hind legs and placed the front paws either side of my neck and near enough hugged me.. kinda, "please dont leave me here again....." could not help but laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Bella was making work a little less worky and a bit more fun this evening :-)

3. 30 am.. dogs bark weirdly

Other half jumps up - checks outside, nothing..

Dogs continue to bark so he goes downstairs to look..

There was a Man in porch!!

Turns out he was just a drunk foreign student lost!
    Dogs did well in alerting us!!

One thing.. my other half opened the front door and my Rottweiler starting wagging his tail!

Let's hope under different circumstances that a waggy tail would not be present!

Protection training is next on the list!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

Today my jack russell picked up a crust that fell on the floor. She wanted to go outside and bury this crust to eat at a later date but I was having none of that. She wasn't going out with the crust. So she would come up to me and sort of whine and make noises to tell me she wanted out and I stood my ground told her she wasn't go out with the crust.

She comes in again a few minutes later after looking at the door some more and same thing. Then she goes back to use the force on the door.

Next time she comes in however she has no crust so I get off the couch and go out to the door and she is looking at me and I'm looking at her and I swear she can read my mind. So I ask her, where did you put the crust? I have a look around see if it's there around the place but it's not so I let her out, she just walks out where normally she will sprint out and I look around the door and she looks again up at me.

Anyway, I go back to the sitting room and I hear her sneaking back in, I peep around the door and there she is picking the crust up from behind a pot and straight back out the door. Unreal.

Advertisement