Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your pet did to make you smile today!

Options

Comments

My cat and my terrier are always sneaking off together for some secret canoodling! We're always finding them in the hot press draped across each other or behind the sofa in the living room licking one another. Yesterday they both went missing and I found them in our en suite. They'd even managed to close the door behind them.

When you walk in on them cuddling, one always walks away really fast, like they're ashamed of their same sex, mixed species love.

It's okay guys... This home accepts love in all its forms!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Today I met one of my cousin's new puppy - he's a 4-month-old Labrador cross, with incredibly soft, honey/"pink" fur, very long legs, and he's the happiest, cuddliest thing I've seen in a long time. I got lots of puppy hugs and kisses! The fact that he's the spitting image of the first dog I ever interacted with when I was a toddler nearly had me in tears. He's supposed to keep an eye on the house and to alert the owners of intruders, but I have a feeling that if anyone breaks in they'll be killed with cuddles! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

My cat makes me laugh every day.

This evening I was making dinner and home made chips. I left the chips on the counter and turned my back for a few seconds, only to turn around and find the cat jumping down from the counter with a chip in his mouth. He didn't eat it, he just played with it. Swiped it with his paw around the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

My cat and my terrier are always sneaking off together for some secret canoodling! We're always finding them in the hot press draped across each other or behind the sofa in the living room licking one another. Yesterday they both went missing and I found them in our en suite. They'd even managed to close the door behind them.

When you walk in on them cuddling, one always walks away really fast, like they're ashamed of their same sex, mixed species love.

It's okay guys... This home accepts love in all its forms!

Your post put the biggest smile on my face

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Nico had a bit of a Lassie moment yesterday. She was barking out back, and she hardly ever barks, so I went out to see what was going on. Got out to the patio and she ran down the garden, in behind a bush and barked a couple of times. When I got to where she was I discovered that Milo had somehow managed to get into the neighbours garden and was not able to get back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MadamRazz

I'm so happy that someone has given this thread another kick start.

My beloved kitty Pepper died earlier this month so re-reading all the posts has really cheered me up. Thanks guys!!

On a happier note - the Ripley dog has adopted the habit that when she comes in for the night, after slopping the contents of her water bowl all over the floor and making a trail to the couch, she gives me the biggest wettest lick on my nose. I like it.

Today every time I talk to and even sometimes just look at, my cat Axel, he starts purring like crazy and looking really happy. Which of course is making me smile every time too. Hes always an affectionate and content cat but he seems to be just in an extra great mood today and it's completely adorable! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

In my experience, neutered males are so purry and cuddly, and much less crankier than girls :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    In my experience, neutered males are so purry and cuddly, and much less crankier than girls :P

Are we still talking about cats? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

I only have her two weeks but my kitten likes to snuggle up to me in the mornings :) also enjoys walking on my face :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

A friend came to visit a few days ago. My cat's not very good with anyone other than me so she fled upstairs. When I went to look for her I couldn't find her...a couple of hours later I went to bed and found her on my bed squished into the pillowcase! :D:D:D:D

Myself and my OH have just adopted 3 new kittens, 2 boys and a girl, (well we got them 3 weeks ago) and they are just the most adorable things ever. They strut around like they have balls the size watermelons. They dont seem to realise how small they are! I love the sound of the mini stampede as they run down the hall, heck I even love it when they use my head as a spring board.

Ripley is really gentle with them, but she does get very excited sometimes. The kittens keep trying to cuddle with her and she gets a panicked look on her face as if to say she cant relax in case she rolls over and breaks one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Moose is an endless source of entertainment at the moment. H'es going through a growth spurt so he's all legs and tail at the moment. He runs a circuit around the sitting room starting at the chair near the door, up onto his scratching post, along the back of the couch, up on to the arm of my chair (it's quite alarming seeing him fly at your face at great speed :D ), onto the treadmill behind the chair. Stops to catch his breath and then does it all again in reverse!
    He's very very fussy with his food and tries to bury it if he doesn't like the smell, but will eat anything from your plate including, but not limited to, toast, lettuice, beetroot, eggs, beans, any meat except bacon for some reason, cabbage and spinach.
    He has also discovered how to play fetch but will only do so with a hair bobble in the bathroom :pac:
    There's never a dull moment here with him :D

I slept on my back last night. When my alarm went off this morning my cat was lying on my chest staring me in the face!!:D:D:D

I slept on my back last night. When my alarm went off this morning my cat was lying on my chest staring me in the face!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

MadamRazz wrote: »
    Myself and my OH have just adopted 3 new kittens, 2 boys and a girl, (well we got them 3 weeks ago) and they are just the most adorable things ever. They strut around like they have balls the size watermelons. They dont seem to realise how small they are! I love the sound of the mini stampede as they run down the hall, heck I even love it when they use my head as a spring board.

Ripley is really gentle with them, but she does get very excited sometimes. The kittens keep trying to cuddle with her and she gets a panicked look on her face as if to say she cant relax in case she rolls over and breaks one.

And Ripley is a......??

And Ripley is a......??

Sorry. Ripley is our German Shepherd 5 year old puppy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I have two dwarf hamsters, one of which is hyper and absolutely cracked. Found him this morning hanging by his teeth from a bar.

Later he found a space between the cage bars that was marginally bigger than the other gaps and he was halfway out. He just couldn't get the purchase to finish the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Raven wakes up in the morning so happy, worming her way up to my face on the bed, only delighted to be alive!

Then Ralph stands up with a big tired face as if to say, wtf is all this excitement about!!

<3 them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Cat is being bullied by a neighbours little chiahuahua pup that's about 1/4 her size.
    She sits on the front window-sill, and the pup has taken to coming over and barking at her, she then runs away all terrified climbing over a wall at the end house and making her way home through the backgardens.
    Absolute coward of a cat it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Cat is being bullied by a neighbours little chiahuahua pup that's about 1/4 her size.
    She sits on the front window-sill, and the pup has taken to coming over and barking at her, she then runs away all terrified climbing over a wall at the end house and making her way home through the backgardens.
    Absolute coward of a cat it seems.

The scientific term for this is "wuss puss".
    I know that because we have one, too. Big, massive ginger tom, but he's terrified of so many things. A chihuahua moving in next door might well make him decamp permanently to the top floor of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Had to do a bit of digging last night in the garden. At first the dog didn't care. Why should he! Until i went to a bush in the corner which was overgrown. Then he got interested. Started whinging at me and trying to stop me digging and kept shooting into the little hole everytime I lifted the fork. It seems I upset his treasure trove of bones built up over the years.

One seemed rather fresh, despite being covered in mud, and off he went to another corner to polish it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Watching my two terriers share a bed snuggling and cleaning eachother ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

My dog has started to lie across me when petting him as if to say "don't even think about stopping" but this morning when petting him standing up he's started to put his paw on my foot for the same effect.

We got him three weeks ago from a pound and whilst he has been affectionate from the start his comfort and trust of us is obviously growing all the time which is great. Don't know whether neutering him has helped but it is lovely to see him making himself more at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I went to the shop earlier and was gone maybe 20 mins. When I came back, on a hunch I crept up to the door and looked in the window. My 3 dogs were waiting for me and when I opened the door they greeted me like they hadn't seen me in a month :pac: Dogs are just the best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

Had a bit of a scare last week with our 9 year old black male cat Shadow arriving home with his tongue sticking out of his mouth and unable to eat. It took 2 days for the vet to figure out that it was a broken tooth - removed the tooth, kept him in for the night and sent him home lunchtime the next day. We have been giving him loads of cuddles and giving in every time he stands by his food bowl cause in his mind he is still catching up on the food he missed out on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Our two dogs sleep in the same room but separate beds since we've had both. Never shown any inclination of needing/wanting to be in the same bed etc. However, over the last few weeks when we check the camera the following morning you can see one getting into the others bed during the night. Has started to happen if they're in there during the day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Try to put the border collie in a warm bath and she howls like a banshee :rolleyes:

Go for a walk by the river and she jumps in and swims in mucky freezing cold water and loves it ?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

One of my dogs loves bottles, so when we go to the park he'll go searching for a water bottle to chew on!
    He has now taken it a step further, and walks all the way home with his chosen bottle of the day!!

Its nice to see people smile at him, instead of staring in fear *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I had an amazing bonding moment with Sammy last night. He was lying on the sofa with his back against my leg, I was stroking his chest, and he looked up and just gazed into my eyes with the most contented, loving gaze I have ever seen from a cat. We sat like that for ages. It was beautiful.

Hard to believe this was the scared shy cat that wouldn't sit on my lap two and a half years ago.

Advertisement