Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your pet did to make you smile today!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

My two frolicked at the beach today, literally loving life!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭LCD

Away for the weekend with Mrs LCD & left Sooty with my brother. What did he do?? Definitely didn't make me smile

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

My fella pissed(well made his mark) on the bed last night:mad:
    Why? he is often on the bed and has no problem with it and is spotlessly clean as a rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

LCD wrote: »
    Away for the weekend with Mrs LCD & left Sooty with my brother. What did he do?? Definitely didn't make me smile

oh dear :( thats pretty bad

Why? he is often on the bed and has no problem with it and is spotlessly clean as a rule.

Are there bangers/fireworks going off?
    He could be stressed/worried/scared
    Was there a "different" smell on the bed - anyone spill something, someone sat on the bed, with a smell on their clothes?! Grasping at straws but if he does something out of character there IS a reason...
    Had he been in need of getting out to pee?
    Could he be unwell/infection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

our two 13 week old kittens have taken up residence in a drawer box filled with blankets in the bottom of a unit in our room and , very cute seeing the two of them head back in there after their breakfast this morning for snuggles we popped their furry hotwater bottle in there too to keep them toasty for the day while were out

our two 13 week old kittens have taken up residence in a drawer box filled with blankets in the bottom of a unit in our room and , very cute seeing the two of them head back in there after their breakfast this morning for snuggles we popped their furry hotwater bottle in there too to keep them toasty for the day while were out

Pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Pic?

we were leging it out the door so didnt have time to snap one , 2 little all black kittens though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

My cat likes the bottom of the hot press in winter, in amongst the sheets and towels, which displeases the allergic visitors and she has been accidentally shut in there on occasion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

LCD wrote: »

Oh dear. Only doing what comes naturally if he wasn't reared with chickens. I'd love hens but my terrier would love them too for wholly different reasons!

I suppose that's his last sleepover at their house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

One of mine did this a couple weeks ago too, totally out of the blue. Never had any such problem with them before. No idea why.

I've been keeping the bedroom door closed since, unless I'm in bed at the time. So far they haven't peed anywhere else they shouldn't so fingers crossed it was a one-off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I was out walking the dogs last night and passed 3 little boys and their mum. I smiled and said hi but the smallest boy was just staring at my black hairy GSDx... we got a few feet away and i heard him saying to his mum, "look at the WOLF!!!"

I think i should have dressed up as Red Riding Hood to walk them this week. I love Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

My OH had both our dogs out for a walk this evening in town and they were pulled over by the guards. The two guards got out of the car to come over and pet. Very proud of our JRTx who can be choosey about who he allows near him but he was happy enough to be petted by the gardaí tonight. No speeding tickets or penalty points for either of them!

Bells21 wrote: »
    My OH had both our dogs out for a walk this evening in town and they were pulled over by the guards. The two guards got out of the car to come over and pet. Very proud of our JRTx who can be choosey about who he allows near him but he was happy enough to be petted by the gardaí tonight. No speeding tickets or penalty points for either of them!

Omg that's so cute! I would absolutely do that if I was a guard!...

'Scuse me ma'am, I'm gonna need you to step over here for a moment.... so I can cuddle your puppies!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

'Scuse me ma'am, I'm gonna need you to step over here for a moment.... so I can cuddle your puppies!!!!

It would be the best job in the world!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

we had a pawwwteee :)

oh did we laugh !!!

IMG_20161116_120857_zpsnnzmcrby.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Omg that's so cute! I would absolutely do that if I was a guard!...

'Scuse me ma'am, I'm gonna need you to step over here for a moment.... so I can cuddle your puppies!!!! :D:D

Am I the only one who finds that sentence a little Donald Trump?

Shenshen wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds that sentence a little Donald Trump?

That's after giving me a great laugh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Finn was very good at his first vet appointment today. Had to get him his full whack of vaccinations, including kennel cough, and he took it like a champ. Now he's whinging if I touch his neck though :D I know how he feels, I had to get vaccines myself today (though thankfully not for kennel cough) and I'm a bit sore too. We got a good laugh out of him sitting down the second the vet removed the thermometer with a look on his face like he was saying 'well, you won't be doing that again'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Our house cat here likes to play with tampons. He likes to bat them around the place and roll them around and looses them. I found loads of them under the press in the hall. God, if anyone else found them, I don't know what they would think.

But this morning i dropped the box of tampons on the floor. The cats eyes lit up and ran over and went crazy around the room batting them all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

We were in St Anns Park today.

Little Georgie ( Westie ) seen a Squirrel and chased it.Didn't catch it

We were over the moon with him.

He got a bad infection in one of his Eyes and we had to get it removed.

We got him home and with half of his face shaved looked like the phantom of the opera :P

A day after the operation another infection set in, He couldn't even stand up straight, so he had to stay two nights in our vets on a drip feeding him antibiotics.

The poor little feller also has Diabetes, so they have to be careful when getting antibiotics.

When we got him home again there were many sleepless nights for us all but we all stuck it out for the little guy.

Today( two weeks after operation ) is the first day he seems normal again, a Cool Little Dude with the heart of a Lion.

He is the last of a set of Three Westies we had at the one time.

Should be around Christmas when his Hair on his face is back to normal.

To see him on the brink of passing( even the vets didn't think he would make it ) is the best Christmas present we could have wished for.

Cheers all :D

Socks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Latatian

My dog is being put to sleep tomorrow and today, just for a little while, while we were at a friend's house, she acted like her old self again. She just had her old relaxed-face on, no worry, no pain.

I bought a packet of M&Ms - as a treat :P
    The dog is sitting beside me, eating every 6th M&M - what the hell, its a treat!!! - but his have to be licked by the cat before he gets them :D - I now have conclusive proof that my dog can count - well to 6 anyway :D:D:D

(and yes, I know a dog or cat should NOT be eating chocolate)

I posted last week that my cat loves tampons, clean ones obviously before anyone thinks any different. He goes cracked playing with them. I don't know if he thinks they're mice or something. I think he tried bringing me a gift during the week, i woke up one morning to find one in my shoe. I'm glad it was that instead of a mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

This didn't make me smile but I had to get it off my chest. My dog got sick on the couch. I went to get some paper towels to clean it up and when I got back the other two dogs were eating it. I nearly vomited on the couch myself. Why on earth do dogs do this? *vomit smilie* :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    This didn't make me smile but I had to get it off my chest. My dog got sick on the couch. I went to get some paper towels to clean it up and when I got back the other two dogs were eating it. I nearly vomited on the couch myself. Why on earth do dogs do this? *vomit smilie* :(

I laughed so hard reading this, I scared one of my cats off my lap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Our greedy ginger cat does this too when the little tortie gets sick. It's very handy!

So whenever the cat annoys me in my room, he will often hide under the bed. He knows I'm gonna get him but he wants to stay. So i open the door and throw a tampon into the hallway and he will chase it. I will then leg it out and catch the tampon and take it back and lock him out of the room. It works every time. Except today. He caught it in the hallway and just ran with it as fast as he could down the stairs. He was so cute running so fast, so i let him have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Latatian

Heating wasn't working. So the cat decided that he should sleep on top of me. Fair enough, I can just not roll over for the night. Then he realized that he was entitled to petting and petting would keep him warm. So whenever I drifted off to sleep a paw would be placed gently-but-insistently on my cheek or eye, until I woke up. Then a cold nose would be pushed against my hand. I'd pet them, drift off to sleep, and the cycle would repeat.

For the entire night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

This thread always makes me smile. A little bit sad reading it today though as my lovely dog died unexpectedly last weekend. :( Some very cute stories though :)

My own cat sometimes sleeps on my bed, I'm always afraid of annoying her if I move but the other night she stayed the whole night and then woke me by nudging me as she walked by my face. She then knocked my alarm clock but very cute :)

Advertisement