Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your pet did to make you smile today!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

kylith wrote: »
    I'll smile later if T hasn't dug my rose bush up again. She showed no interest for months, but saw me weeding last week and somehow got it into her head that it was ok to start digging holes all over the place.

She hadn't dug up my roses :), but she had decided to sleep in the big pot. My heucharia and hydrangia are flattened :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sohsoh

When I was weeding the garden the other day my Collie/GSD x was removing the weeds from the bucket I was putting them in with his mouth and dropping them back onto the ground :rolleyes:

Don't you just love it when they help with the gardening? Every time I do a spot of weeding they 'help' by filling one of their beds with partially chewed up worms.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

My dog made me laugh this morning! He sleeps on the landing and I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, I was gone no more than 2 mins and when I came back, he was on my side, with my boyfriend spooning him :eek:, I can only hope my boyfriend thought it was me in his sleep :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. I got some nice photo evidence too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Sharpy's escapades continue, moving on from annoying the missus to annoying me.
    Woke me up at 4am, sneezing on my leg, then miaowing and kicking his water bowl. Which I dutifully filled with nice fresh water. he took one look at it (didnt drink) yawned and went back to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

My pup has now figured out how to let my two hob ferrets out so she can play with them. She knows how to turn the handle on the hutch the little b!tch
    But she has fun with them so not complaining too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I've been sleeping with my window open a crack because it's so warm. I also have the window sill blocked off with an old wire shelf because Swanson Cat likes to go through the blinds to look out the window and he was destroying them.

This morning, he was determined to go outside for his morning constitutional, the litter box was not good enough.
    He went over the barrier at the windowsill, through the blinds and shoved the window open enough for him.
    I got up to see what the noise was in time to see his furry behind disappear off around the corner.

I had to laugh a bit at his epic escape. And at least he wasn't meowing like someone with three broken legs any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sohsoh

kylith wrote: »
    Don't you just love it when they help with the gardening? Every time I do a spot of weeding they 'help' by filling one of their beds with partially chewed up worms.

I'd wish they help me dig the ground on command 'cause I certainly know they have the required skills. When I'm not looking they can dig like miners :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Sharpy's escapades continue, moving on from annoying the missus to annoying me.
    Woke me up at 4am, sneezing on my leg, then miaowing and kicking his water bowl. Which I dutifully filled with nice fresh water. he took one look at it (didnt drink) yawned and went back to bed.

This is my cat Cinnamon to a T. She'll make all the noise and fuss in the world (usually at 4am) for food, so one of us will ramble downstairs and either fill her bowl, only for her to glance and walk away, or find it completely full.and she's delighted we're up too :rollseyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

This is my cat Cinnamon to a T. She'll make all the noise and fuss in the world (usually at 4am) for food, so one of us will ramble downstairs and either fill her bowl, only for her to glance and walk away, or find it completely full.and she's delighted we're up too :rollseyes:

he's normally pretty good for not waking us up that early, usually its around 6-7am.
    I was worried he may be sick as he was sneezing on me to wake me up.
    but ive since concluded it from the water he'd sniffed at.
    looks like he went for a drink, that bowl was empty (he does have 2 bowls in different rooms) sniffed at the water drops. came to me to get some more sneezing on the way.

He was probably thinking:
    " oh ffs, im getting a cold, best get some fluids into me, ill get that greatiam fella to get me some of the good stuff or ill be in bed for a week."

then he'd stopped sneezing when i filled the bowl

"oh, seems to have cleared up on its own. ah well best get some sleep, early day tomorrow, if I dont get up to stare at the wall all day who will? and those new curtains won't scratch the crap out of them selves.*yawn* greatiam fella what you doing up at this time? shouldnt be up this late, you got work tomorrow. night night."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Terrierist

My yorkie is currently racing around the garden (evading capture) with a bright orange ronseal 'go faster stripe' painted on his side! I'm afraid to chase after him in case he rubs off the fence again... I hope it washes off!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We're watching a scary film, not paying too much attention to the dogs who are asleep on the other couch. All of a sudden Phoe jumped up over the side of the couch and landed on my knee with a big snort/grumble. Fright of my life. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

One of my Toms robbed a whole chicken breast off my dinner plate...the cheek of him, but it looked sort of cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

My lab did that thing when they squirm around on their back - made some hilarious noises too while he was at it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Parcel came yesterday, the box is a nice size, I wanted it for work, but no, no, no, kitties have claimed it.
    It must have some magical power, one after another they have got in, rolled about purring, got out, walked around and pounced back in!
    3 cats all did exactly the same, none saw, or was even in the house, when the other did it.
    Made me laugh every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We have/had a foot long canvas catnip filled toy fish, one of the best cat toys ever. This morning Toby managed to disembowel it. I've never known a cat to love catnip the way that chap does. I love to sit on the floor beside him while he kicks it to bits and dribbles all over it. He doesn't know whether to kill it or eat it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My 2 boy cats have been following me everywhere today, when I'm in the kitchen they weave around my feet, when I'm upstairs playing playstation I have one behind my legs and the other on my ribs, when I'm on the internet they try climb on my laptop.. I think they are a bit obsessed! But it's lovely :)

sohsoh wrote: »
    I'd wish they help me dig the ground on command 'cause I certainly know they have the required skills. When I'm not looking they can dig like miners :D

I managed to get Tegan to dig. The hard part is getting them to stop, and to not do it when they're alone.

Came home from town before and Poppy wasn't waiting at the front door window like usual, so I snuck around to the lounge window to peak in to see what was happening and her and Cinnamon were spooning on the pillow pet. So adorable!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Buffy spent a long time trying to get at a bumble bee that had become trapped in the conservatory ... not unusual you might say, but this was from the outside :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Played Xbox last night with my dog Molly snoozing on my lap. Was nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Dude was meowing like crazy at the back door to get out for a while, I opened the door, he took one look at the rain outside, all his back shivered and he ran back into the sitting room :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭jimmer123

Was watching springwatch on the BBC yesterday and there was footage of birds in a nest and my cat was watching the TV from the armchair and it was driving her mad...she got up and went down to the TV looking to get a bird. She was so confused it was gas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

The cat wanted to get outside so I opened the door for him. He went out the front door, it was raining and he jumped through an open window straight away to get back in. He wasn't staying out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

My dog was limping a couple of weeks ago and the vet said to have her on strict rest, which would have been difficult has the dog normally had the run of the house most days and she would be jumping up and down on beds and the couch.

Off I went and bought a crate. She took to it very well, maybe because I had the crate in the bedroom and the dog could still sleep in the room but just not on the bed.

After 3 weeks of use and last night the dog was whining at 5 in the morning. I thought she would need the toilet, so fool here put on my pants and shoes to take her out. The second she was out of her crate, she jumped straight into my bed. I was too tired to argue with her so I got in beside her and let her stay.

I was stirfrying chicken for dinner and I turned to get something off the island counter and there, sitting on the dining room table staring over at the oven was both cat and dog. Couldnt tell them off through the laugher. Monkeys!

Laughing at poor old Jake, he's getting on a bit, but Mouse has livened him up a bit again.
    They were playing round the tv cupboard, Mouse got inside and jake was keeping guard not letting her out. Jake got into the dog bed (about a foot away from the cupboard) and while his back was turned, Mouse sneaked out!
    He's there watching, waiting to pounce for near ten minutes, I think he's nodding off! :D
    Kitties are funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

my long haired cat Morticia has come in for the 3rd time tonight absolutely soaking wet. She jumps up on to my lap, wets my keyboard, shakes herself and then allows me to rub her dry, only to go out again. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Have been trying to get the kitten to sleep in her basket and not on top of me in the bed, eventually got her to settle down after she woke me up about 6 this morning. Went back to sleep and when I woke up about an hour later she was snuggled in beside me on the bed :pac: I was too wrecked and she looked so peaceful I just let her stay

• Advertisement

my long haired cat Morticia has come in for the 3rd time tonight absolutely soaking wet. She jumps up on to my lap, wets my keyboard, shakes herself and then allows me to rub her dry, only to go out again. :confused:

Toby has come in twice soaking wet and rubbed all over me. Wet tail up the nose, soggy paws on the lap, I feel like I've been out in the rain too.
    He's not this loving on a dry day :(

Advertisement