Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hit (RTE)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

To be fair Leah, I wouldnt expect you to be as good at the music as me.. As I've said before, I graduated from Bressie's School For Musicality And Singing From The Right Place..

LOL....spaaare me! :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Loved Dukes version of the song hope it does really well and I think I fell in love with yer louise one who didn't get through, so if anyone knows her could they put in a good word for me, thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Didnt really enjoy tonights show, my own fault, not paying full attention, but, I was completely blown away (last week) with how anyone (the producer) could have made such a great song from Ryan's choice.

To me they were all mad-strumming-guitar/half-able singers, basically busking.

But that's the whole premise, and Ryan won it.

The song would stand up internationally if properly promoted etc, just goes to show that there is still great talent out there, whether it's writers, singers or, especially, good producers.

Hope it does really well for those involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Didnt really enjoy tonights show, my own fault, not paying full attention, but, I was completely blown away (last week) with how anyone (the producer) could have made such a great song from Ryan's choice.

To me they were all mad-strumming-guitar/half-able singers, basically busking.

But that's the whole premise, and Ryan won it.

The song would stand up internationally if properly promoted etc, just goes to show that there is still great talent out there, whether it's writers, singers or, especially, good producers.

Hope it does really well for those involved.

Agree good song last week. This week , Duke Special could sing the phone book and I'd listen. Johnny Logan made his choice sound better but what's with the miming to track production on the show? It all sounds too studio to my ears anyway - also they could do without 2fm's input - a good idea made a bit too cringey -

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I am almost certain Ryan O'Shaughnessy produced his song himself. I agree, the finished version sounded much better than the demo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 charlie88

Hi ,

Would you by any chance know where i could submit a song for this show?.

Kind regards

Nicky Byrne is to be one of the two hosts of RTE summer music show The Hit.
    Already used to playing in vast arenas, the 34-year-old will join co-presenter Aidan Power live on-stage at the O2 in July when established names perform the songs of unknown songwriters.

Running in the Friday night slot of the Late Late Show, The Hit will be one of the biggest talent shows ever aired by RTE.
    Insiders have revealed they needed a presenter used to appearing on big stages to anchor performances during the six-week run at the O2.
    "Not only has Nicky performed with Westlife at the O2, but he has also co-hosted the Cheerio's Childline Concert a number of times in the same venue for organiser Caroline Downey Desmond.
    "Except this time Nicky will be co-hosting a television show," said a show insider.
    The Nicky Byrne/Aidan Power team replaces MTV's Laura Whitmore, who presented the original pilot of The Hit, which aired last year as part of RTE's Format Farm.
    Producer Philip Kampf said: "It's going to be much bigger and better than the pilot and for that reason we need two presenters, not one."
    Beginning on Friday July 26, each week two well-known singers will cherry-pick songs from unknown songwriters, who will only discover if their song has been selected when the acts take to the stage.
    At the end of the competition, two songs will go head to head and be available to download on iTunes, with the winner being whoever gets the most downloads.
    Ratings for rival RTE talent show The Voice Of Ireland had been strong, but winner Keith Hanley only managed to reach no 37 in the Irish charts.
    But The Hit insiders are more optimistic.
    Sidelines, the winning track performed by Royseven from their show pilot last year, topped the Irish iTunes chart, with runner-up Invisible by Brian McFadden reaching number 3, with demand crashing Irish iTunes after the final last September.
    U2 producer Steve Lillywhite will again assist in the selection of songs, which songwriters can submit through applications available on the RTE and IMRO website.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 18 charlie88

Hi ,

Kind regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

charlie88 wrote: »
    Hi ,

Kind regards

Your about 3 or 4 months too late to submit. If it goes ahead next year im sure it will be in the likes of Hotpress or in papers saying that they are taking submissions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Remember Eoghan Quigg anyone!

Where is he now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's only a matter of time before Nicky Byrne gets signed up for that toothpaste commercial that will revive his career...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭Alderwould

Samantha's looking well. I always liked her no nonsense, easy going manner. A bit of a lady...:)

She killing that song on that keyboard...:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Samantha is still so hawt :o

And I used (still do) love her song body2body etc

But shes up against strong competition with the republic of loose...

Is that sergeant Lewis on guitar..?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I sooooooo like this song.

Really does have a great travelling wilburys vibe.

****e song from the duet. Right up the Loose's alley...

Ye man from Republic Of Loose has fairly shrunk since his wrestling days..

macho_man_randy_savage_photo_01_0013_Layer_3_full.jpg

I don't really like that Georgia song :confused:

I liked the travelling wilburys vibe song or I think that blonde girls song would have been better for Samantha.

These 2FM twits are getting paid for this..?

Who are these two hipsters??

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    Who are these two hipsters??

I'm still wondering why there are two guys presenting, Power and Nicky Seacrest.. Was there an announcement at the start of the show to say that Kathryn Thomas was on holidays?

Did Mick Pyro set fire to all his sunday clothes and bathroom apparatus.. ?

I'm still wondering why there are two guys presenting, Power and Nicky Seacrest.. Was there an announcement at the start of the show to say that Kathryn Thomas was on holidays?

I think rte are seeing them as the Irish "ant and dec"

Which of course they are nothing like at all :mad:

Goddamnit Nicky Byrne's hawt all the same :pac:

Take the beard of your man from loose and he could be Colin Farrell's brother...

JonAnon - what's your expert opinion on this song/version?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I don't mind Aidan, and he and Nicky are both lovely to look at, but you can hear Nicky reading his lines--like you just know his little pauses are exactly where the pauses appear on the autocue while the operator scrolls along. He's woeful. Truly.

amdublin wrote: »
    JonAnon - what's your expert opinion on this song/version?

I think (in general) the band/singer seems to just take the rough outline of the song and make it sound like one of their own.. I mean when the songwriters cant identify if it's their own song or not after fifteen seconds !!!!

Is it just me (being not cool :o) or was there something a bit crazy about that performance??

• Advertisement

I think (in general) the band/singer seems to just take the rough outline of the song and make it sound like one of their own.. I mean when the songwriters cant identify if it's their own song or not after fifteen seconds !!!!

JA...so wise, for one so young

Advertisement