Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hit (RTE)

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,428 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Finbarr win so?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Finbarr win so?
    Yes !!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Finbarr win so?

He did. He's won a recording contract with Simon Cowell :pac:

Always thought Finbarr had the X factor and was a born pop star :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Have you been at the Green Room stash too? You're very giddy this evening lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Really surprised at this show, I thought we were in for the usual reality music manufactured crap, instead we end up with a very good original Irish song with accompanying traditional Irish folk music and pipes... Well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Really surprised at this show, I thought we were in for the usual reality music manufactured crap, instead we end up with a very good original Irish song with accompanying traditional Irish folk music and pipes... Well done

True. I actually enjoyed this show. And I am not a fan of reality TV and talent competitions (I hate most with a passion!) but here we had a well thought out concept and a great song won. Finbarr Furey was around long before the manufactured boyband crap was made and he has shown he will be around long afterwards. This is proper contemporary Irish music and should be promoted more on our TV, radio and given a chance to go to the Eurovision.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,141 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I always thought Samantha Mumba should have competed against her brother Omero.

They could have called it 'Mumbarumble'!

*takes a bow*

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

True. I actually enjoyed this show. And I am not a fan of reality TV and talent competitions (I hate most with a passion!) but here we had a well thought out concept and a great song won. Finbarr Furey was around long before the manufactured boyband crap was made and he has shown he will be around long afterwards. This is proper contemporary Irish music and should be promoted more on our TV, radio and given a chance to go to the Eurovision.

This is actually what I thought about after watching some of the songs that came out of this. If RTE are able to make a show with semi interesting songs like this, why is our Eurovision preselection always full of rather trite uninspiring songs like our entry this year? This show proved RTE has the resources to find stuff like this, and yet they'd never transfer it to Eurovision.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's 2013, why do People still care about the Eurovision. That contest died when it became about geographical voting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭eoinkoenig

charlie88 wrote: »
    Hi ,

The Nicky Byrne/Aidan Power team replaces MTV's Laura Whitmore, who presented the original pilot of The Hit, which aired last year as part of RTE's Format Farm.
    [/QUOTE]

She's much more suited to UK television.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I see 'The Hit' has been sold abroad - a Dutch version will be aired in 2014 and the Format has also been sold to Russia, China and Ukraine.

That's a good result for a programme which started life as part of the 'Format Farm' series. It might inspire RTE to roll the dice again and try out more new formats.

http://www.iftn.ie/news/?act1=record&only=1&aid=73&rid=4286646&tpl=archnews&force=1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Your post has served to remind me of my girl crush on Samantha Mumba singing her song

amdublin wrote: »
    Your post has served to remind me of my girl crush on Samantha Mumba singing her song

Ah, you have excellent taste, amdublin. She looked amazing, and sang great.

It's a pity she didn't get her hands on more songs of that quality after her big hit, maybe she would have had a longer spell at the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Bump!

Doesn't look like it's going to be on this summer:

http://www.rte.ie/about/en/press-office/press-releases/2014/0603/621343-rte-television-promises-to-entertain-this-summer/

So have RTE quietly axed it after just one series?

I can't see the Voice of Ireland going away any time soon - and, despite regular suggestion of the idea here on Boards, I can't see the folks at Montrose using The Hit's format to select Eurovision entries...

Bump!

http://www.rte.ie/about/en/press-office/press-releases/2014/0603/621343-rte-television-promises-to-entertain-this-summer/

I can't see the Voice of Ireland going away any time soon - and, despite regular suggestion of the idea here on Boards, I can't see the folks at Montrose using The Hit's format to select Eurovision entries...

That's a pity, I thought it was one of the more interesting reality shows of the last few years.

It wasn't without fault, but it had its moments.

Bump!

That is a shame, at least the song from this show got to No. 1 in the Irish charts

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Some very interesting news. It seems The Hit is returning and will indeed be used to select Ireland's Eurovision entry for 2015 :

http://www.goss.ie/2014/08/nicky-byrne-to-host-irish-eurovision-selection-as-late-late-eurosong-is-scrapped/

Must say it's probably as good a way as any to pick the Eurovision entry and a big improvement on the Late Late Show way of doing things, which had become very stale.

Advertisement