Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hit (RTE)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hi amdub :)

And what's with all the walking backwards? I swear they will have Nicky Byrne cycling a unicycle backwards and holding a neon sign next..

Hi jonanon :)
    dee_mc wrote: »
    Yep Samantha at number 5, rep of loose were no 16 I think?

Yay! I liked hers best

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Jaysus, this gets worse every week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Finbar's a quick mover!

Ruth Scott used to look like your mammy. Now she's going for the Rock Chick look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Paddy McKenna needs a blood transfusion and a kick in the ar$e, NOT a guitar..

• Advertisement

Ruth Scott used to look like your mammy. Now she's going for the Rock Chick look.

I had to google her. Usent she have short air and go on like your wun from mohill/Leitrim in that rte comedienne sketch :confused:

Before amdub says "Usent they be big".. :D .. here's the bio..

The Forget Me Nots..
    DUBLIN 1990 - 1994 OVERVIEW
    Forget-Me-Nots were a quirky indie-pop band from Dublin who were active during the early years of the 90s. The line up featured Michelle Burrows and Eithne Flynn on vocals supported by Maurice McGrath [Guitar], Mark Walsh [Bass Guitar] and Justin Healy [Drums]. Justin had previously played with the likes of The Golden Horde and The Glee Club. The band released a string of catchy singles. The first of these releases was the '2 Fay Ray' EP, featuring the lead track 'So Good'. This was followed by 'Trouble' and 'Soap Singer's Beat' before the band released their debut album 'Hullabaloo' in 1992. While the album was well received, the band didn't achieve the level of success expected and they soon parted company with Sony/Colombia Records. The quarter went on to release 'Five O'Clock' train in 1994 before the band split.

(I had a look at the Forget Me Nots video and I assume that it's Maurice McGrath, the guitarist in the band, that is the guy that is on the show tonight with Jigsaw Man)..

EDIT: it's actually the bassist Mark Walsh.. I didnt know bass players could play guitar..

Oh ffs, it's Adele II

Okay Mundy and his band need to hire a stylist. That's some raggle taggle of a mish mash right there on stage.

Mundy has an amazing ability to make every song he ever sings sound the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Mundy spends a lot of time in Forty Coats wardrobe id say

awwww, Mark's little girl is cute..

I knew all the contestants were allowed bring their family, but I who told Mundy he could bring all of his..

Jonanon - your expert opinion?

amdublin wrote: »
    Okay Mundy and his band need to hire a stylist. That's some raggle taggle of a mish mash right there on stage.
    Mundy has an amazing ability to make every song he ever sings sound the same.
    Mundy spends a lot of time in Forty Coats wardrobe id say

:D:D:D:D:D

Jonanon - your expert opinion?

I just resigned tonight, so I'm not sure I'm an expert any more. It's an okay song, wouldnt think it's amazing, but I reckon it's one of those that will just stick in your head...

The Jigsaw Westlife Man likes her song, well if that isnt the kiss of death..

lol.. the lads were fighting over the royalties already..

Dunno will The Jigsaw Man cut it in the charts.

"When first I sawwwww the loveliiiiiight in your eyeessss" :)

Finbar makes that song great.

Finbarr has brought a few blondes with him,fair play,eye candy is always good

He has done some job with that song

• Advertisement

Mundys jigsaw man seems a bit amateur in comparison imo

Mundys jigsaw man seems a bit amateur in comparison imo

It seemed like it was pieced together very quickly alright..

"When first I sawwwww the loveliiiiiight in your eyeessss" :)

Finbar Furey Mundy has an amazing ability to make every song he ever sings sound the same.

Finbar Furey Mundy has an amazing ability to make every song he ever sings sound the same.

Tough audience.. If it's not John Spillane or Jimmy McCarthy, it doesnt get the red vote..

It seemed like it was pieced together very quickly alright..

Boom boom

Boom boom

I'm only and amateur, could you imagine what pun king Joe Duffy could have done with that material...

That Samantha Mumba song is good ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The song from week 1 is still my favourite, The Stunning did a great job with a good song.
    Who are ye all tipping to win next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

finbar did a great job, downloaded it there and its very good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Thought Jigsaw man was a bit of a throwback, had a vibe of a song that didn't make a hit in the seventies. Finbar Furey's choice was the winner for me tonight, I actually thought the writer sang it as good if not better but for Mr Furey the pipe interlude made it, he's a skilled musician and whether Hit or not the longterm money is in that choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Anyone else freaked out by that tripping Gypsy's song?

Where I come from a Jigsaw is a dangerous power tool - I thought it was all very threatening anyway, screaming about attacking people and putting them back together & those oddballs on stage behind him gyrating around looking like they've raided the charity shop and drank a litre each of anti-freeze.

- Was channel flicking for sanitys sake throughout so missed the Furey song, but it def still gets my vote though cause it didn't scare the kids or hurt my ears....

PS Did Mundy wear that hat from the outset or was it "found" and thrown to him as usual [cringe]

Advertisement